Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:15 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:37 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 3290
GreatEx wrote:
Still haven't lost consecutive games all season but the rubber sheets brigade have written off the last four already.

Was only time before bed wetting made it to the match threads

_________________
Just throwing it out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:40 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:24 pm
Posts: 5269
Location: Bridge, Starship Enterprise
Something we will win in the next three weeks.

Draft picks.

_________________
"Get ready, Teddy - you're on": Ron Barassi half time 1970 Grand Final


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:47 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:41 pm
Posts: 4347
GreatEx wrote:
Reckon we could beat Melbourne, they looked flustered.
Collingwood ALWAYS outnumbered at the contest.... Dees players waiting for the pass to be in the open.... ALMOST never happened, thus why it was played in the Pies forward half for the entire second half.....

We've been playing a similar way to the Dees last night (Brisbane too). Hopefully we learn, because if you don't win 2contested ball, you're probably cactus (see the games we've been cleaned up... GC, Adel, Geel)

Go Blues

_________________
“Every single element of the Club has to be the best in the league, meticulously and methodically, and only by doing this will we be elite and challenge for number 17.”
Greg Lee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:14 pm 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm
Posts: 9812
Location: Sydney
CFC8795 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
if we crushed Melbourne I don't remember it

Practice match :garthp:


So imagine what we'll do when we're taking it seriously!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:19 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 2131
sinbagger wrote:
Nextgeneration wrote:
The most disappointing thing is we WERE playing exciting football for the first half of the year. We were opening teams up like a can of sardines but the last few weeks when ironically we have got a lot of our players back we have become very stodgy, our ball movement is terrible and our pressure has really dropped off.
Where is the team that made Sydney look slow and clumsy in that second quarter or outplayed Freo when they were riding high?


Indeed, where is the team that crushed Melbourne and Richmond at the start of the year?



No Pittonet for most of the season, Williams, McGovern and Martin also missing large chunks of the season. Walsh moved to play HHF and no settled wingers playing consistent reliable footy. Let alone that teams have blanketed our movement forward of the ball when in dispute. Our team is young, still learning to gel as a team, has a new game plan still evolving under a new head coach and coaching group. The early games were exciting but we often won with only 1 quarter of exciting footy and then the opposition would adjust and we would hang on. The signs have been there all season regarding our maturity as a football team. And we have adjusted as we then began to score more often from rebound footy with Saad and Doc but that too in recent weeks is being denied. So we need to adjust again. I also think the midfield is one paced and being exploited


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:06 pm 
Offline
formerly Fevola

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:57 pm
Posts: 4158
Problem is the lack of pressure. And no composure when teams come at us. The pressure has dropped off considerably since the bye. This is the issue.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:59 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:27 pm
Posts: 4299
Location: Conservative Brisbane :O(
Went to the training run. Pittonet was there, not doing much granted, but makes the managed/flu even more curious.

Lob has an extremely delicious kick and really should be destroying with it. He is buffer than I recall so if the mofo doesn't make it...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:25 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 2:10 pm
Posts: 2066
jezzarules wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
Still haven't lost consecutive games all season but the rubber sheets brigade have written off the last four already.

Was only time before bed wetting made it to the match threads


Don’t worry about who’s wetting the bed, worry about who’s $h!++ing the bed. There’s 18 of them on the ground at any given time


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:01 am 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:51 am
Posts: 1232
carntheblues wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Nextgeneration wrote:
The most disappointing thing is we WERE playing exciting football for the first half of the year. We were opening teams up like a can of sardines but the last few weeks when ironically we have got a lot of our players back we have become very stodgy, our ball movement is terrible and our pressure has really dropped off.
Where is the team that made Sydney look slow and clumsy in that second quarter or outplayed Freo when they were riding high?


Indeed, where is the team that crushed Melbourne and Richmond at the start of the year?



No Pittonet for most of the season, Williams, McGovern and Martin also missing large chunks of the season. Walsh moved to play HHF and no settled wingers playing consistent reliable footy. Let alone that teams have blanketed our movement forward of the ball when in dispute. Our team is young, still learning to gel as a team, has a new game plan still evolving under a new head coach and coaching group. The early games were exciting but we often won with only 1 quarter of exciting footy and then the opposition would adjust and we would hang on. The signs have been there all season regarding our maturity as a football team. And we have adjusted as we then began to score more often from rebound footy with Saad and Doc but that too in recent weeks is being denied. So we need to adjust again. I also think the midfield is one paced and being exploited



They miss large chunks of every season! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:44 am 
Offline
formerly King Kenny
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 20005
My call for today.

Tag Neale = win
No Tag = loss

Proven formula


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:29 am 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:51 am
Posts: 3818
Location: lygon street
The Normal One wrote:
My call for today.

Tag Neale = win
No Tag = loss

Proven formula


Who with? Who has the discipline and nouse to to stick with Neale and curb his influence? I don't think we've tagged anyone all year. All about team defence

_________________
Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:53 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 2131
The_Cranium wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
My call for today.

Tag Neale = win
No Tag = loss

Proven formula


Who with? Who has the discipline and nouse to to stick with Neale and curb his influence? I don't think we've tagged anyone all year. All about team defence



Cottrell has tagged opposition players during the year - Hill after 1/4 time in Saints game. He has the mongrel to do it. Also need to curb Rich's influence off half back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:44 am 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:32 am
Posts: 9441
carntheblues wrote:
Cottrell has tagged opposition players during the year - Hill after 1/4 time in Saints game. He has the mongrel to do it. Also need to curb Rich's influence off half back.


No. Doesn’t have the smarts to tag or the nouse to play on ball. At the very least he is a forward and that is it. Playing him on the wing has been one of our downfalls, making play mid would be a disaster.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:51 am 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:41 pm
Posts: 4347
Lowey_47 wrote:
Went to the training run. Pittonet was there, not doing much granted, but makes the managed/flu even more curious.

Lob has an extremely delicious kick and really should be destroying with it. He is buffer than I recall so if the mofo doesn't make it...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Someone said (twitter?) that Pittonet and C Durdin were the only travelling emergencies.... Was that right L47?
Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense if that's the case...

Go Blues

_________________
“Every single element of the Club has to be the best in the league, meticulously and methodically, and only by doing this will we be elite and challenge for number 17.”
Greg Lee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:56 am 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:51 am
Posts: 3818
Location: lygon street
carntheblues wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
My call for today.

Tag Neale = win
No Tag = loss

Proven formula


Who with? Who has the discipline and nouse to to stick with Neale and curb his influence? I don't think we've tagged anyone all year. All about team defence



Cottrell has tagged opposition players during the year - Hill after 1/4 time in Saints game. He has the mongrel to do it. Also need to curb Rich's influence off half back.


He certainly had the tank for it. I forgot about him moving to Hill mostly because that game was a complete shit show and though we curtailed Hill, Sinclair did as he pleased for the rest of the game.

Hopefully if we do something like this we don't do so at the cost of someone like McLuggage waltzing around doing as he pleases

_________________
Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:53 am 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:27 pm
Posts: 4299
Location: Conservative Brisbane :O(
Durdin was there too. Didn't notice any of the others

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:55 pm 
Offline
Horrie Clover

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:58 pm
Posts: 376
"Ben" McKay a late out for the Roos.

H to kick a bag.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:10 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:08 pm
Posts: 2654
Our Grand Final today

Hard, uncompromising. Expecting do or die

Anyone who bleeds Navy Blue should expect nothing less


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:21 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:04 pm
Posts: 4923
Location: Bendigo
The Normal One wrote:
My call for today.

Tag Neale = win
No Tag = loss

Proven formula

It’s a loser mentality, but I think you might be right.

We’re already conceding the ruck contest, accepting our fate as second to the footy. Scragging their primary handler all arvo could be our only hope.

_________________
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter" - Winston Churchill.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:47 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 2131
SurreyBlue wrote:
carntheblues wrote:
Cottrell has tagged opposition players during the year - Hill after 1/4 time in Saints game. He has the mongrel to do it. Also need to curb Rich's influence off half back.


No. Doesn’t have the smarts to tag or the nouse to play on ball. At the very least he is a forward and that is it. Playing him on the wing has been one of our downfalls, making play mid would be a disaster.



Doesn't have to play mid to tag once the ball is bounced in the center.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group