Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:37 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Humpers wrote:
I hope Martin is selected - we need an injection of class up forward.
Glad to see Marchbank in the 18.

Was just about going to say the same Humper :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Newnes as the 7th Defender over Kemp (McGovern and Marchbank are plenty of cover for a 3rd tall Lions forward)

Dow as an inside mid (Allows OBrien to wax the wing with Cerra and Cerra going into the midfield)

Martin as the HHF for his tackling and goal sense, also releases OBrien to a wing in rotations

De Koning because I like 2 genuine rucks. If KPFs get their system going, and midfield group able to deliver better to leading players than bombing, he could help stretch the Lions defence, and free Jack to give Crippa a chop out in the role of midfield bull.

Setterfield/ Fogarty as the sub over Kemp. Marchy and Gov give us an extra tall in defence for cover. Setters is a jogger and Fogarty is slow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:00 am 
Harry Vallence

Very surprised Plowman out.

Not sure who takes Charlie Cameron from here. Big ask for Kemp or Marchbank, I don't necessarily mind Weitering being given the job at it, I'd just prefer he get McStay - I reckon he's very underrated to their structure - leads the comp for contested marks coming out of the back 50. You shut him down and I think their ball use inside 50 becomes a bit erratic - their mids start taking those 50/50 shots on goal rather than hitting up one of the six targets they've got down there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:10 am 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Newnes as the 7th Defender over Kemp (McGovern and Marchbank are plenty of cover for a 3rd tall Lions forward)

Dow as an inside mid (Allows OBrien to wax the wing with Cerra and Cerra going into the midfield)

Martin as the HHF for his tackling and goal sense, also releases OBrien to a wing in rotations

De Koning because I like 2 genuine rucks. If KPFs get their system going, and midfield group able to deliver better to leading players than bombing, he could help stretch the Lions defence, and free Jack to give Crippa a chop out in the role of midfield bull.

Setterfield/ Fogarty as the sub over Kemp. Marchy and Gov give us an extra tall in defence for cover. Setters is a jogger and Fogarty is slow

I just don't like Newnes as a defender. He is too lose. He either plays wing or naught IMO, but I am concerned that with Kemp as the 7th defender we will be too slow down back

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:13 am 
Harry Vallence

I wonder if they will put Silvagni to tag Neale.
He did a great job on Fyffe a few years ago

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:17 am 
Rod Ashman

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

Not sure who takes Charlie Cameron from here. Big ask for Kemp or Marchbank, I don't necessarily mind Weitering being given the job at it, I'd just prefer he get McStay - I reckon he's very underrated to their structure - leads the comp for contested marks coming out of the back 50. You shut him down and I think their ball use inside 50 becomes a bit erratic - their mids start taking those 50/50 shots on goal rather than hitting up one of the six targets they've got down there.

What about Saad? Could he be given a lock down roll on Cameron this week. Free up McG to be the release kick out of defence as BV suggested earlier.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:29 am 
Bruce Doull

Williamson umpiring?

@#$%&! lol.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:50 am 
Harry Vallence

carntheblues wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

What about Saad? Could he be given a lock down roll on Cameron this week. Free up McG to be the release kick out of defence as BV suggested earlier.

Seems doable for lack of better options. I just think that we haven't had a convincing performance all year with a quiet performance from Saad, and that if Charlie has a quiet game, they still have numerous other ways to beat us.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:25 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Quote:
Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy has designated a role for fringe Carlton midfielder Paddy Dow.

Dow was one of six inclusions for the Blues’ crucial clash against Brisbane at the Gabba on Sunday.

The 22-year-old was named on an extended bench ...

If selected for Carlton’s upcoming meeting with the Lions, Healy would like to see Dow play a negating role on Brownlow Medallist Lachie Neale.

The Swans Hall of Famer thinks Dow needs a role to “survive” in the AFL.

“Dow comes straight in to tag Lachie Neale,” Healy told Sportsday.

“Can he do that role? They need someone to do that role.”

Sportday co-host McClure replied: “He hasn’t tagged before.”

Healy said further: “I know that - give him a role.

“He definitely needs a role if he’s going to survive in footy.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/04/fringe-blues-midfielder-needs-a-role-if-hes-going-to-survive/

BV earmarked Cottrell for that Tagging Role.
Is this the right role for Dow?
I guess it releases Cottrell to use his pace elsewhere. Problem with Cottrell is he hasnt been finding the ball much of late, but has played close to his opponents.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:26 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

Marchbank is mobile and a superb athlete.

If Plowman can do it, Marchy can too.

Just hope he's fit enough

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:55 am 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

When reading this I thought of the movie Unbreakable.
Fingers crossed he gets a good run from now on.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

Hopefully the Franklin news is a bit of a distraction for them.

Yes I'm clutching at straws.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:06 pm 
Bob Chitty

Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

i think you got the wrong movie there ... you might be meaning Glass

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

i think you got the wrong movie there ... you might be meaning Glass

I haven't seen Glass, but yes, it could be either.
I just remember Samuel L Jackson (Marchy) crashing trains to find Bruce Willis (Plowman).
The pair are a story of opposites for us, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The other news headline here in Sydney on tv, after the Buddy rumour, was "bad news for Blues fans... Hewett might be out for the remainder of the year"...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:36 pm 
Serge Silvagni

A different Vossy in todays presser. A touch more prickly perhaps?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:47 pm 
John James

CFC8795 wrote:
John Elliot a Rhodes' Scholar?
I think you're thinking of Mike Fitzpatrick.

i know mike was. i was told many times elliot was. i’ll have to check his wikipedia éntry.

tony abbott was certainly one. he got letters from all the religious extremists in the catholic church to back him in. pugilist first, scholar. not so much.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:06 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Not a fan of Fogarty. If he really has improved then he deserves a spot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

I'm going to assume Durdin won't get up so I'm going with

[21] Jack Martin
[12] Tom De Koning
[2] Paddy Dow
[17] Brodie Kemp

Mid, Fwd, Ruck/Fwd and extra defender

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

diesel95 wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
John Elliot a Rhodes' Scholar?
I think you're thinking of Mike Fitzpatrick.

i know mike was. i was told many times elliot was. i’ll have to check his wikipedia éntry.

tony abbott was certainly one. he got letters from all the religious extremists in the catholic church to back him in. pugilist first, scholar. not so much.

Nah...not Elliot.

Carey Grammar boy, got his Masters (MBA) froma business school, and the rest of his life in a Boys Club or trying to control one, either at Carlton, Liberal Party or Elders, BHP, some Mutaul group....not Rhodes scolar.

Bob Hawke was a Rhodes Scholar

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next