Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:43 am 
Harry Vallence

malbi wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Most likely without Hewett Kennedy Durdin & Newman next week. We can’t take a trick

I also struggle to see Curnow McKay TDK Silvagni & Pittonet all in the one side

They did for the first three rounds and we won those.

It did when we played a "run and gun style game". Voss is now trying to find that balance as it was unsustainable. You can see over the last few weeks we have almost overcorrected and are slower. We haven't yet found the balance.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:45 am 
Harry Vallence

jezzarules wrote:
Hayes is available again. Has had a couple of weeks to think about his first game.

I thought his first game was good. Couple of mistakes in a tough game. Thing about Hayes is he works hard and can win a lot of ball on the wing. His disposal in usually good. Just needs to find his feet at AFL level. He's only played 13 games in his entire career

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:15 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Hard to see us winning this.

Let's hope Voss can get the players motivated to actually turn up this weekend.
Let's hope Voss and the rest of the MC don't balls up the JSOS/TDK/Pittonet thing again.
Let's hope Voss doesn't get outcoached again by not being on the front foot with key tactical decisions (Keys on Saad).
Let's hope Dow, assuming he has to come in, can actually perform well and hasn't dropped his bundle after being ignored for so long by Voss and the rest of the MC.
Let's hope Harry starts to harden up and take some marks.

Season is falling away for us.
Inability to win 2 games in a row for so long now is inexcusable for a team that was flying early o in the year.
Our centre stoppage dominance that gave us some wins early in the year has evaporated as opposition clubs have figured out how to take away that advantage.
Similarly our effective run off HB has evaporated as opposition clubs have figured out how to take away that advantage.
Right now we look a mess compared to 2 months back and the players look to be lacking in confidence.
Hopefully we can get a win somewhere in the next 3 weeks and not be bundled out of the 8 late in the season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:44 am 
Harry Vallence

Play our best and with genuine attack on the ball we can win.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:03 am 
Geoff Southby

Mickstar wrote:
The party aint over yet . The last light in the room hasn't gone out yet . We can definitely knock 'em off on there own dunghill . There game is not dissimilar to ours . All we need to do is play that Crows style lateral movement style footy . You know , change the angles and stretch 'em . It can be done .

Yep , they are a lot like us . Lost a game they had sown up . There midfield is one paced like ours ..................if our blokes have any pride in the jumper they should relishing the trip north to make amends . Why would you fear this mob ? Voss as a player was all about the hard ball . His coach Leigh Mathews was all about the hard ball . Those great Brisbane sides that Mathews coached and Voss Captained were all about the hard ball . Just about every Premiership team i have watched is about the hard ball . The Carlton side in Brisbane this week has got to be about the hard ball / take no prisoners . Simple as that . Go in hard , harder than them and we win .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:11 am 
Geoff Southby

Mickstar wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
The party aint over yet . The last light in the room hasn't gone out yet . We can definitely knock 'em off on there own dunghill . There game is not dissimilar to ours . All we need to do is play that Crows style lateral movement style footy . You know , change the angles and stretch 'em . It can be done .

Yep , they are a lot like us . Lost a game they had sown up . There midfield is one paced like ours ..................if our blokes have any pride in the jumper they should relishing the trip north to make amends . Why would you fear this mob ? Voss as a player was all about the hard ball . His coach Leigh Mathews was all about the hard ball . Those great Brisbane sides that Mathews coached and Voss Captained were all about the hard ball . Just about every Premiership team i have watched is about the hard ball . The Carlton side in Brisbane this week has got to be about the hard ball / take no prisoners . Simple as that . Go in hard , harder than them and we win .

And by the way , i can cop pessimism but i can't cop defeatism . No matter what the odds , if you step out you are a chance .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:12 am 
Ken Hunter

I agree with Mickstar and Mickstar there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hmmm….

B. McGovern Young Marchbank
H.B. Saad Weitering Kemp
C. DeKoning Docherty Walsh
H.F. Fisher Curnow Martin
F. Owies McKay Motlop
R.Pitto Cripps Cerra

Inter. Hayes Silvagni Dow Cottrell

Sub. Honey Fogarty Newnes

i don’t know…too tall…too short…too
fast…too slow…i don’t know…!

sorry folk…I’m finding it hard to be positive…
i know i shouldn’t be too flat…but by
jingo it’s bloody difficult…!

hey…i haven’t thrown cold water into
a hot bath or nuthin’…just the Monday blues…!

which we’re ALL starting to despise…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:09 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mickstar wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

I agree Mickstar EXCEPT a pattern for us has been that if you go in hard against us, we wilt and start with dumb errors and panicked kicks...
This was the basic strategy against us in the GC, Freo (first time) , Saints, Geelong and Adelaide and it worked and worked well
(weird that Freo changed their strategy 2nd time around... Personnel maybe)

Brisbane don't tend to play that style... (except Robbo who will be doing exactly that)...
If we don't toughen up, crunch, stick tackles and yes even tag... it will be a long night..

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

If they’re any good, if they have any heart or self respect, they’ll lay 30 tackles in the first quarter alone.
Not one chain of possession should be easy and space should be impossible to find.

If they do that and maintain it, and lose, then the Brions are just too good and you can accept that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:54 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sorry, duplicate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DesEnglish wrote:
If they’re any good, if they have any heart or self respect, they’ll lay 30 tackles in the first quarter alone.
Not one chain of possession should be easy and space should be impossible to find.

If they do that and maintain it, and lose, then the Brions are just too good and you can accept that.

I think this is what's ahead of us this weekend.

Don't panic.

We will have at least 3 forced changes therefore 3 new faces.

Its not the faces that improve us, its the above quote that counts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Hope they turn around their attitude for this weekend's game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL6b7KNTR3M

What an insipid performance

I expect the players to come out firing BUT the big question is will they back it up the following week and then the week after.
Because the trend suggests they won't.
They were weak as piss against Collingwood, then again early against St Kilda.
Of and of course against Richmond they played dry weather football ion the wet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/067428ad-c4b9-4f4f-a900-1d316ffad29a

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

As a realist and to those who say we can beat Brissie ...

We just lost to the crows ...

But I haven't given up hope ...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

If I were Voss I would make a massive statement

I would drop LOB and Plowman to start

I would draw a line in the sand and demand 100% hard arses from this point on

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:

I would draw a line in the sand and demand 100% hard arses from this point on

But there is the question of the photos.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Paddycripps wrote:

Massive

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

Plowman stays for mine - good record against Charlie Cameron. Can't see who else gets that task if Stocker/Newman out.
Young to Daniher, Weitering on McStay, McGovern to Hipwood. Even with Bailey out - not sure who takes McCarthy or Rayner. Both too good overhead for Doc, and I hope we at least get the chance to have Saad go 50/50 with one of them and try and burn them the other way. Suspect we'd see Robinson or Mathieson go to him to try and replicate the success Keays had.

Based on that - think a genuine 7th defender is needed - either redeploy JSOS down back or bring in Kemp.

Hope we actually consider playing a lockdown role or two here rather than just waiting for Brodie Smith or Rory Laird to stop racking them up uncontested. Like the earlier idea of Cottrell to Neale. Wouldn't mind seeing Setterfield go to Zorko either. Hope we can press the issue with Walsh going to McCluggage.

Dow for Kennedy, Martin for Durdin seem like for likes. Marchbank and Fogarty unlucky. Kemp comes in for Newman, JSOS as the resting ruck again with TDK given a rest seems the way I'd go. Newnes as the sub I suppose.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
Plowman stays for mine - good record against Charlie Cameron. Can't see who else gets that task if Stocker/Newman out.
Young to Daniher, Weitering on McStay, McGovern to Hipwood. Even with Bailey out - not sure who takes McCarthy or Rayner. Both too good overhead for Doc, and I hope we at least get the chance to have Saad go 50/50 with one of them and try and burn them the other way. Suspect we'd see Robinson or Mathieson go to him to try and replicate the success Keays had.

Based on that - think a genuine 7th defender is needed - either redeploy JSOS down back or bring in Kemp.

Hope we actually consider playing a lockdown role or two here rather than just waiting for Brodie Smith or Rory Laird to stop racking them up uncontested. Like the earlier idea of Cottrell to Neale. Wouldn't mind seeing Setterfield go to Zorko either. Hope we can press the issue with Walsh going to McCluggage.

Dow for Kennedy, Martin for Durdin seem like for likes. Marchbank and Fogarty unlucky. Kemp comes in for Newman, JSOS as the resting ruck again with TDK given a rest seems the way I'd go. Newnes as the sub I suppose.

Yeah , give a few blokes a job .

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next