Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:38 am 
Bruce Doull

How about it Benny….

just watched the replay…crazy decision…!

we scored a few goals from mongrel punts
into the forward line today…interesting…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:01 am 
Harry Vallence

sinbagger wrote:
Honey really doesn’t seem to know or care about the words to the song doesn’t he?

perhaps he isnt happy at carlton?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:06 am 
Geoff Southby

bender wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Honey really doesn’t seem to know or care about the words to the song doesn’t he?

perhaps he isnt happy at carlton?

Perhaps Uncle Gary is in his ear .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:46 am 
Bob Chitty

Blueboy Benny wrote:
And the worst non-decision of the year, goes to the push in the back on Kennedy after taking a mark close to the boundary line on the outer wing, which resulted in him sliding head first in to the fence - how on earth that wasn't called a 50m penalty, I will never know. Nathan Williamson would have been proud...

100%

the mark is clearly won, then the push in the back ... thats two decisions to be made ... i hate the 50m rule, encroaching the area and all that ...

but that is what the 50 should be. if two decisions needs to me made .. a mark, then a push its 50m.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:36 am 
Bruce Doull

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Blueboy Benny wrote:
And the worst non-decision of the year, goes to the push in the back on Kennedy after taking a mark close to the boundary line on the outer wing, which resulted in him sliding head first in to the fence - how on earth that wasn't called a 50m penalty, I will never know. Nathan Williamson would have been proud...

100%

the mark is clearly won, then the push in the back ... thats two decisions to be made ... i hate the 50m rule, encroaching the area and all that ...

but that is what the 50 should be. if two decisions needs to me made .. a mark, then a push its 50m.

Very dangerous and the GWS player knew he'd [REDACTED] up because he immediately apologised. Should be a fine forthcoming from the MRO, but I have no faith in that flower at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:25 pm 
Rod Ashman

Wojee wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Blueboy Benny wrote:

100%

Very dangerous and the GWS player knew he'd [REDACTED] up because he immediately apologised. Should be a fine forthcoming from the MRO, but I have no faith in that flower at all.

Hayes will get an extra week

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

Great we have improved
Our top players are extra good

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:57 pm 
Garry Crane

4pts lucky we played young team with 5 players missing at home ,we never learn our kick ins are woeful and predictable and team is to slow finals time our coaches have to come up with a plan (new). Like how does coll/cats get open fwd line every week and ours is always congested.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

Cerra, Cripps, Kennedy, Walsh.

Top four possessions. Top four pressure index.

Across the season, George makes five.

The position they play will, obviously, tip both metrics in their direction. Yet, there is no doubt that we are still asking too much of too many. There’s no drifting forward, or to a wing to break a tag. If one of them is shut down, the whole set up falls apart.

It’s all well and good for the wings and flanks to maintain structure, but they have to find a way to get involved in the contest.

There’s a fair bit of recency bias here, but Geelong are playing the best pressure footy across the ground right now. Their pressure comes from drawing out the scrimmage and having their outside guys step in to try and rip the ball out. Defensively, we’re entitled to bury a shoulder into them and force the stoppage - but this is the criticism of guys like O’Brien. They’re too wide and too vanilla to match their opponent’s efforts.

We ask the small forwards to make up the shortfall, which only leaves them out of position when the ball comes to ground in F50 at the first asking. They are then outsized once the crowd forms for the restart.

This wing set up is a drain on resources.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Votes
Player (Club)
8 Adam Saad (CARL)
6 Sam Walsh (CARL)
6 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
4 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
3 Harry McKay (CARL)
2 Toby Greene (GWS)
1 Harry Himmelberg (GWS)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Effes wrote:
Votes
Player (Club)
8 Adam Saad (CARL)
6 Sam Walsh (CARL)
6 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
4 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
3 Harry McKay (CARL)
2 Toby Greene (GWS)
1 Harry Himmelberg (GWS)

WTF did Himmelberg do?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:51 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

So Cripps gets 1 Brownlow vote

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:10 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Paddycripps wrote:
So Cripps gets 1 Brownlow vote
And you look like a fool for getting stuck into him the whole game.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:41 pm 
Laurie Kerr

I was listening to SEN and that wanker Andy Maher was having a whinge about a petition going around to have Cheat Nafan 22 not umpire any of our games. Why does the stupid cauliflower even bring it up?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:14 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Because he's a stupid wanker?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:34 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Paddycripps wrote:
Effes wrote:
Votes
Player (Club)
8 Adam Saad (CARL)
6 Sam Walsh (CARL)
6 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
4 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
3 Harry McKay (CARL)
2 Toby Greene (GWS)
1 Harry Himmelberg (GWS)

WTF did Himmelberg do?

Looked like Thor kicking the ball long?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:10 pm 
Garry Crane

Lucky wrote:
I was listening to SEN and that wanker Andy Maher was having a whinge about a petition going around to have Cheat Nafan 22 not umpire any of our games. Why does the stupid cauliflower even bring it up?

So what exactly did the shit excuse for a Carlton fan actually have to say? Save me the trouble of listening to the shit pile otherwise known as SEN.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:59 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Blueboy Benny wrote:

100%

Yep. And the @#$%&! paid a free kick for that. Clearly marked it and then got pushed. 50 every day of the week.

Missed another one when McKay had the kick and the ball was thrown away from him. It's like the umps have gone full 180 on 50s. Players encroaching on the mark constantly. Running through the protected area. Kicking the ball away. It's purely delaying tactic creeping back in and they're letting it happen. First quarter of the year, they couldn't wait to pay a 50 for anything and everything. Shows how @#$%&! rudderless the umpiring department is

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

It would be a total mindflower watching our round 1 replay today, it's a totally different sport. Remember when raising your eyebrows was 50 for dissent?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Paddycripps wrote:
Effes wrote:
Votes
Player (Club)
8 Adam Saad (CARL)
6 Sam Walsh (CARL)
6 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
4 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
3 Harry McKay (CARL)
2 Toby Greene (GWS)
1 Harry Himmelberg (GWS)

WTF did Himmelberg do?
IDK? Do you get votes for being pantsed by Honey?

Go Blues

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next