Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:01 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

missnaut wrote:
Boring game overall, second half was more lively. Inaccurate first half was furstating.

Once Pitto and Owies return we will look better. TDK, SOS and the smalls struggling.

Cripps...

This

Pitto is arguably the most important player on our list

Half time we were losing the clearances and inside 50s

We ended up turning that around and won with change to spare

But that was more due to onballers than TDK and SOS and we won't stand a chance in Sept unless Pitto gets back

And Owies while no star is nonetheless our only experienced, if you can say that, small forward and we are missing him. Martin has been so disappointing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Weitering and Young really need to find some chemistry quickly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:09 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Long term we really need to get more goals from our mids

Cripps for all his faults is the only mid who kicks goals

We desperately need a quality HFF. They obviously hope Honey will be this guy. Martin again has not fired a shot.

We really need more avenues to goal because we rely too much on the 2 talls and the top sides will take that strength away from us . See last week

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

After being treated like Piñata all day by the Monster Truck that is a Preuss, TDK needs a week off.

Bring in Pitto and let TDK enjoy the week in some Ice Baths.

Kudos to TDK. He got beaten up all game but kept have a crack.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Walsh needs to kick through the ball more when he has the goals in sight

He's had many chances this year but has only kicked 30m or so. He's left a number of goals out there there needs to get better and putting these chances away.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:35 pm 
Craig Bradley

Our blokes don't really like to shepherd/block for their team mates... they all want to run and receive which causes panic when the opposition brings the heat. Today was the most mongrel I've seen from the Giants since Cameron's last game, which is the last time we played them... no doubt the two druggies in the box would've set their sights on denting our finals run.

Saad best on ground... and that mark as well

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

Just got home from game. GWS played extra behond ball and really tried to make it a scrap. Worked ealry but we eventually broke them down. Sign of a decent side.

Walsh is a machine. Cripps worked hard inside. I thought Jack was very good. Good game by Setterfield and Saad was incredible

You can see we are trying to control our speed in the game. When to go, when to not. We have improved a lot but have a bit to go.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:39 pm 
Rod Ashman

Hornet wrote:
Our blokes don't really like to shepherd/block for their team mates... they all want to run and receive which causes panic when the opposition brings the heat. Today was the most mongrel I've seen from the Giants since Cameron's last game, which is the last time we played them... no doubt the two druggies in the box would've set their sights on denting our finals run.

Saad best on ground... and that mark as well

I agree about the shepherding . If you hand ball it off to a team mate running by, it is not difficult to step in behind them to block the chaser.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

Went to the game.
Others have summed up the match, boring and frustrating first half but a better second.
Take the win and move on to next week, we need to start playing better if we are to beat the top clubs.
Good to see both Walsh and Weitering come back on when they were injured.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

A grinding win which is 4 points at least. We lack consistent polish but the improvement this year has been great and I am happy where we are at for this year. I really look forward to the polish arriving next year!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:41 pm 
Ken Hunter

FarmerBlue wrote:
Just got home from game. GWS played extra behond ball and really tried to make it a scrap. Worked ealry but we eventually broke them down. Sign of a decent side.

Walsh is a machine. Cripps worked hard inside. I thought Jack was very good. Good game by Setterfield and Saad was incredible

You can see we are trying to control our speed in the game. When to go, when to not. We have improved a lot but have a bit to go.
Hamill was holding up a sign with a power button icon on it.

Tho at first I thought it was a smiley face LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

What is consistently disappointing is our big men getting their hands on marks and then spilling them. The double grabbing by Youngy TDK and Harry are beyond frustrating.

Having said that Harry and Charlie are constantly man handled off the ball before it gets anywhere near them, with no love from the Umps.

A couple of selfish efforts from Crippa didn't help my mood today. :banghead:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:14 pm 
Rod Ashman

Cazzesman wrote:
What is consistently disappointing is our big men getting their hands on marks and then spilling them. The double grabbing by Youngy TDK and Harry are beyond frustrating.

Having said that Harry and Charlie are constantly man handled off the ball before it gets anywhere near them, with no love from the Umps.

A couple of selfish efforts from Crippa didn't help my mood today. :banghead:

Regards Cazzesman

I think because Harry is so big we expect a lot when as you say hew is manhandled well before the ball gets anywhere near him and our delivery to him 90% of the time is hopeless and gives him no chance.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

How was Cripps statistically our best player? Credit where it's due but my God had he not stuffed up much he might have had 1000 SC pts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:44 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Paddycripps wrote:
How was Cripps statistically our best player? Credit where it's due but my God had he not stuffed up much he might have had 1000 SC pts
Turn the record over why don't you?

Was he one of our better players or not?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Weird game. Super boring with some ridiculous highlights - two mark of the year contenders, Montessori"s goal, some of the kicking skills. But the rest was putrid. Take the four - we would have lost that game 99 out of 100 in the last decade.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

MVP : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=37574

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

anyone see the crowd number today?

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Just over 30 000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:08 pm 
Ken Hunter

Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman
30k I think

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next