Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Crusader wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:
Even if we want Motlop in for defensive pressure, JSOS is a far better option. Unless it is supposed to be 'rested' this has got me completely stumped.
I think Honey is a far better option than Motlop in any event - at least let him get a few games under his belt...
Like the ins (assuming Owies is really good to go) baffled by the outs..

Motlop runs rings around Honey.

Owies, Motlop, Durdin is a good group, but it’s a wee bit toothless… chase, but no tackle… possessions, but no shot on goal.

owies is elite for F50 tackling and was AFL number one for some period of time. and he kicks a goal from a set shot when he gets his chance more often than not. can’t say that about the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They each have significant holes in the offensive side of their game.

Owies gets a couple of shots per game, but they’re rarely from ground balls.
Motlop is a shooter - anywhere, anytime - but he doesn’t get enough of it.
Durdin gets the footy where it counts, but doesn’t pull the trigger enough.

It’ll get there, especially with a bit of continuity as a group, but they’ll be starved of opportunity if we can’t get something going across half forward. The dump kick up the line isn’t so ugly if the interceptors have to work for their money.

Great summary Cru. Agree....and Motlop with a full preseason under his belt could be anything.

Next year I expect so much improvement

A game plan will start to really imbed after another pre season
Motlop & Durdin have massive talent and upside. Motlop could be elite
Carroll Mirkov Kemp should improve a lot
I expect more development in TDK O'Brien Setterfield Cottrell Cerra Young Honey Stocker
along with a fit Williams McDonald Martin & Boyd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/11835 ... m-to-have-

Voss on JSOS.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
I guess it also depends on how they divide the time between Pitto and TDK.
JSOS is a better forward option than both but if the priority is to maintain ruck dominance and sacrifice something forward banking on Charlie and H to get the job done with the flow on affect of ruck dominance meaning our mids then get more of it then fair enough.
However if the plan is for Pitto to ruck 75 to 80% of the time with TDK more of a back up, I'd have gone with JSOS in that role myself.

I think TDK forward just makes our forwardline an absolute nightmare for the opposition to match up
Our smalls need to get to work though to take advantage of this

Dominate or break even in the ruck and our system gets going...as long as Cripps gives off the first option...and the mids go to work.
Cripps and SOS dont have to be the makeshift rucks, taking them away from their best position for the team.

A fresh TDK in the ruck will have him jumping over his opponent, after Pitto softens them up (DONT JUMP TOO EARLY though).
A fresh TDK in the forwardline, is exactly what you say Paddy...a nightmare for the opposition. They will drag and split up the opposition's team defence...and free up Harry & Charlie more than we have seen whilst Jack has been the 3rd tall.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

Any SA members who have a spare code not being used to access Carlton seats tomorrow? I need two tickets. Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:42 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
I guess it also depends on how they divide the time between Pitto and TDK.
JSOS is a better forward option than both but if the priority is to maintain ruck dominance and sacrifice something forward banking on Charlie and H to get the job done with the flow on affect of ruck dominance meaning our mids then get more of it then fair enough.
However if the plan is for Pitto to ruck 75 to 80% of the time with TDK more of a back up, I'd have gone with JSOS in that role myself.

I think TDK forward just makes our forwardline an absolute nightmare for the opposition to match up
Our smalls need to get to work though to take advantage of this

Dominate or break even in the ruck and our system gets going...as long as Cripps gives off the first option...and the mids go to work.
Cripps and SOS dont have to be the makeshift rucks, taking them away from their best position for the team.

A fresh TDK in the ruck will have him jumping over his opponent, after Pitto softens them up (DONT JUMP TOO EARLY though).
A fresh TDK in the forwardline, is exactly what you say Paddy...a nightmare for the opposition. They will drag and split up the opposition's team defence...and free up Harry & Charlie more than we have seen whilst Jack has been the 3rd tall.

Happy to be proven wrong but don't rate TDK as a forward. Doesn't take enough marks. Flies for a lot and looks good but doesn't hang onto enough. If we had quality smalls who could convert when the ball is brought to ground it wouldn't matter as much but we don't. And his set shot kicking for goal. Just plain embarrassing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:45 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Cazzesman wrote:
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1183580/what-they-said-voss-on-good-problem-to-have-

Voss on JSOS.

Regards Cazzesman

Probably most concerned on what he said about George Hewett in all that more than anything else.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:21 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

An article I just read said Carlton could be in the top 4 by the end of the weeks... pigs arse !

formerly Fevola

And also concerning that Voss sees JSOS as a ruck? He can play anymore Vossy. And we can play TDK, Pitto and he in the same side. I feel for JSOS. He needs to be in the team as he is a great link into the forward line and also the pressure there.

Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
What would you do is a fully fit Williams is available against Dees and Pies before Finals?

As the only Blue with significant finals experience, I want him in the team if fit, absolutely.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

GreatEx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
What would you do is a fully fit Williams is available against Dees and Pies before Finals?

As the only Blue with significant finals experience, I want him in the team if fit, absolutely.

IMO a fit Williams and hopefully Boyd make a big difference to our side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

rhino27 wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1183580/what-they-said-voss-on-good-problem-to-have-

Voss on JSOS.

Regards Cazzesman

Probably most concerned on what he said about George Hewett in all that more than anything else.
Yeah - sounds like Hewett is going to miss a few.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Effes wrote:
Theo Doropoulos
@TheoDrop
Major concern over Riley Thilthorpe at Adelaide’s captain’s run this morning.

He limped off the track on Wednesday night with a rolled ankle, and just did a light jog with Burgess/Nicks watching on. Not convincing.

Expecting Himmelberg to be a late change today.

Update

Adelaide: Riley Thilthorpe (Ankle) out for Round 20

Elliott Himmelberg into the 22, Billy Frampton Emg.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

A fit Williams ?

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

Thanks Effes,

This game should be a 100% no brainer, if the club is anywhere near where it thinks it is.

I don't care if the Crows are on and play well. The club has shown its best is good enough to be top 4 so the best from the Crows shouldn't even make a dent in us. 16th is where they deserve to be. If it was not for 2 very lackadaisical performances we would be top 4 now.

Zero excuses four games out from finals. I want to see an honest, 100% commitment to the team Game Style and Process. No slow starts, no backing off the peddle, just a workmanlike, 4 quarter effort to hone our game for the coming month.

Even if we get the win, anything less than a genuine and honest 4 quarter performance should be seen as a missed opportunity. A struggling win against a 16th team on the ropes will merely tell the rest of the comp we a mentally fragile and not worth the worry.

I am not even considering a loss, I am just watching for the caliber of the win. If the dropping of JSOS, for team balance, doesn't register with the other 22 then they are deaf, dumb and blind to the cause.

Regards Cazzesman

Last edited by Cazzesman on Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

Paddycripps wrote:
A fit Williams ?

Like in 2019 and at the start of the year. Williams will be a gun for us especially under Voss and the new standards that are expected.

How quickly people forget

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

FarmerBlue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
A fit Williams ?

Like in 2019 and at the start of the year. Williams will be a gun for us especially under Voss and the new standards that are expected.

How quickly people forget

Voss is already here

Where is Williams?
Injured, that's right, again... not for the first time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

This should be the second win in an eight-game winning streak!
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

RE JSOS and competition for spots having a positive flow on effect for the club look no further than Plowman who was on the outer earlier and now finds himself this week at least penciled into the start 18.

Played his best game ever last week.

His first game this year he laid a shirt front in the first few seconds then took a strong mark.

Who knows what the future holds but he has shown some resolve this year I didn't know he had in him and I wish him all the very best moving forwards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Cazzesman wrote:
Thanks Effes,

This game should be a 100% no brainer, if the club is anywhere near where it thinks it is.

I don't care if the Crows are on and play well. The club has shown its best is good enough to be top 4 so the best from the Crows shouldn't even make a dent in us. 16th is where they deserve to be. If it was not for 2 very lackadaisical performances we would be top 4 now.

Zero excuses four games out from finals. I want to see an honest, 100% commitment to the team Game Style and Process. No slow starts, no backing off the peddle, just a workmanlike, 4 quarter effort to hone our game for the coming month.

Even if we get the win, anything less than a genuine and honest 4 quarter performance should be seen as a missed opportunity. A struggling win against a 16th team on the ropes will merely tell the rest of the comp we a mentally fragile and not worth the worry.

I am not even considering a loss, I am just watching for the caliber of the win. If the dropping of JSOS, for team balance, doesn't register with the other 22 then they are deaf, dumb and blind to the cause.

Regards Cazzesman

Well as Voss says it is about this game, not next week or 5 weeks away.

If they, the players can't focus on the NOW and blow it then it's on them.

Now all that said I am quietly confident :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CFC8795 wrote:
This should be the second win in an eight-game winning streak!
Go Blues!

That's the spirit

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next