Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
An article I just read said Carlton could be in the top 4 by the end of the weeks... pigs arse !

Only need a win and Port to beat the Pies and Giants to beat the Swans......

I'll take us winning and Collingwood losing. :donk:

That would do me too. My nerves can only handle a Quinella.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Our talls model is fine. We will have quarters like our 1st v Hawthorn where they mark and kick everything.

But it's our smalls that will make this a success. If they can keep it in when it's not marked or better, slot one off hands, the reliance on clunk after clunk (which you'd think is easier to defend than manic ground pressure) it'll be good to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:35 am 
Trevor Keogh

bondiblue wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:
Even if we want Motlop in for defensive pressure, JSOS is a far better option. Unless it is supposed to be 'rested' this has got me completely stumped.
I think Honey is a far better option than Motlop in any event - at least let him get a few games under his belt...
Like the ins (assuming Owies is really good to go) baffled by the outs..

Motlop runs rings around Honey.

Owies, Motlop, Durdin is a good group, but it’s a wee bit toothless… chase, but no tackle… possessions, but no shot on goal.

I think Honey and Motlop are different body types and players. Honey bigger by 7 cm in height and 10 kg heavier.
To me one is a small forward, and the other is a medium forward, as we have debated in the past.

I doubt Motlop would beat Honey in a foot race, but at the moment Motlop is playing with a greater desire to attack the ball, and man, than Honey. Hence imo Motlop is is more valuable to the team. Honey didnt do a preseason either, so he's always going to be behind the others who did this year

I don't think either are ready, nor have the weapons the team needs to play Finals. If I had to pick one if injuries forced me, I'd pick Motlop for forward pressure. Only reason I'd pick Honey is for his mongrel and ability to hurt the opposition in the game of attrition. But lately he's been ball watching too much and not showing any physical presence.

IMO Martin will be back after he's served time in VFL, and most important, if his form warrants a spot in best 22. The 2 smalls first picked will be Owies and Durdin, and the Medium Forward most likely will be Martin. Cuningham, also hasnt done a preseason, nor played any games this year to be considered as a medium forward.

Motlop is a much better kick at goal and more composed with disposal - he has great hands in close. He's on the fringe of the best 22 but in a few years he's going to be a consistently good player for us.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:16 am 
Geoff Southby

bluehammer wrote:
Our talls model is fine. We will have quarters like our 1st v Hawthorn where they mark and kick everything.

But it's our smalls that will make this a success. If they can keep it in when it's not marked or better, slot one off hands, the reliance on clunk after clunk (which you'd think is easier to defend than manic ground pressure) it'll be good to watch.

For sure Hammer . We have a fantastic tall forward setup . Our small forward situation / mix aint right . Pressure harassment tackling is fine but not enough goals for mine . A good small forward should be having a feast down there .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:11 am 
Bruce Doull

As others have suggested, maybe the missing link is a good medium forward or two, to bring it all together.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:30 pm 
John James

grrofunger wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
An article I just read said Carlton could be in the top 4 by the end of the weeks... pigs arse !

if only!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:38 pm 
John James

Mickstar wrote:
Jamarra ? he's a cross between Jack Gunston / Bailey Fritsch isn't he . Gonna take some stopping in the years ahead .

Edit> Jamara is a bit taller than i realised at 197 cm! i guess because he’s young and a bit lighter doesn’t look so tall as 3 cm shy of two
meters.

we can add Fredricks (183 cm) to the mix of young gun athletic, running, medium tall forwards. he stood up against Melb when the other Freo forwards wilted.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:26 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

diesel95 wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

if only!!

Almost impossible for GWS to beat Syd I'm afraid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Newnes and JSOS not playing vfl today so one will be sub and other held over.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:
As others have suggested, maybe the missing link is a good medium forward or two, to bring it all together.

Reckon that's JSOS if he is allowed to play that role full time rather than relief ruck as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:29 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

wasthesonofapreacherman wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:
Even if we want Motlop in for defensive pressure, JSOS is a far better option. Unless it is supposed to be 'rested' this has got me completely stumped.
I think Honey is a far better option than Motlop in any event - at least let him get a few games under his belt...
Like the ins (assuming Owies is really good to go) baffled by the outs..

Motlop runs rings around Honey.

Owies, Motlop, Durdin is a good group, but it’s a wee bit toothless… chase, but no tackle… possessions, but no shot on goal.

I think Honey and Motlop are different body types and players. Honey bigger by 7 cm in height and 10 kg heavier.
To me one is a small forward, and the other is a medium forward, as we have debated in the past.

I doubt Motlop would beat Honey in a foot race, but at the moment Motlop is playing with a greater desire to attack the ball, and man, than Honey. Hence imo Motlop is is more valuable to the team. Honey didnt do a preseason either, so he's always going to be behind the others who did this year

I don't think either are ready, nor have the weapons the team needs to play Finals. If I had to pick one if injuries forced me, I'd pick Motlop for forward pressure. Only reason I'd pick Honey is for his mongrel and ability to hurt the opposition in the game of attrition. But lately he's been ball watching too much and not showing any physical presence.

IMO Martin will be back after he's served time in VFL, and most important, if his form warrants a spot in best 22. The 2 smalls first picked will be Owies and Durdin, and the Medium Forward most likely will be Martin. Cuningham, also hasnt done a preseason, nor played any games this year to be considered as a medium forward.

Motlop is a much better kick at goal and more composed with disposal - he has great hands in close. He's on the fringe of the best 22 but in a few years he's going to be a consistently good player for us.

I'll take it a step further. Reckon Jesse could just about be the best small forward in the comp. Not ready yet and lucky to have kept his spot in the side but rate him very highly.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

Paddycripps wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

if only!!

Almost impossible for GWS to beat Syd I'm afraid

Reckon you're right but GWS have brought back 4 good players. Here's hoping

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

Made it to Adelaide...where do blues fans gather traditionally before the game here???

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

rhino27 wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Reckon that's JSOS if he is allowed to play that role full time rather than relief ruck as well.

Reckon it’s Jack Martin if he can stay fit. Still not sure I’m a fan of Harry, Charlie, TDK and JSOS in the same forward line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:53 pm 
Wayne Johnston

rhino27 wrote:
Newnes and JSOS not playing vfl today so one will be sub and other held over.

also Honey not playing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

Have to win tonight. The Swans are thumping GWS.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:26 pm 
Rod Ashman

diesel95 wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

if only!!

I don't mind dreaming.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Need a big first quarter. Get foot on the throat and don't take it off.

Our run starts now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:11 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Really looking forward to this game. The result will tell us a lot about the team. Win, lose or draw the after game talk is going to be very entertaining.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

club29 wrote:
Really looking forward to this game. The result will tell us a lot about the team. Win, lose or draw the after game talk is going to be very entertaining.

Harry must hold onto those marks.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next