Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:41 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

We fluffed our lines once again on the big stage tonight- someone referenced David Parkin and our 1993 Grand final side - once Voss sorts through the Powell’s, Athorn’s, Sholl’s etc out we’ll be on our way.

And yeah that cheating flog #22 - passed on some tips to his mates as well.

:roll:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:04 am 
Bruce Doull

One moment summed up the entire performance, Hawkins taking the ball out of the ruck unopposed for that goal. Amateur hour fron Carlton.

The commentators then carrying on how strong he was to be able to do that just rubbed salt into the wound.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:07 am 
Rod Ashman

We got given a lesson in hard disciplined football by a side that we’re too big and too good

Durdin and Motlop haven’t seen that type of pressure before and were overwhelmed.

Hayes, Newman, Newnes, Cottrell are limited players and got shown up.

Harry drank too much of the bath water.

We’ve definitely improved but have a way to go

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:08 am 
Bob Chitty

billc3 wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Epic fail

Panicky, Rushed, Fumbly, Slow , Indecisive, Mistake riddled football against a bunch of kissed on the dick umpires pets.

Frustrating as hell.

If there was a mistake to be made, we made it. Any chance of not playing the ball back into trouble? or taking the first option?

If there was a 50/50 ball that could bounce Geelong's way... it did.

If there was a 50/50 umpires call to be made... Geelong got it.

If Nafan Cheat Williamson was in the vicinity and he could @#$%&! us... he did.

I hate Geelong

kezza wrote:

Few players can hold their heads up after this, I have never seen so many turn overs. Newman had a shocker, as did Harry. Hayes stuffed up nearly all of his possessions.
We had enough of the ball but we just butchered it.
Geelong were too good and we played our worst game for the year.

Pretty much sums it up... Can close the thread.....

Two shocking decisions (Selwood high when gone in the Motlop tackle and Stocker HTB on the wing) resulted in goals... when we we had SOME momentum. Frustrating...

Add Harry's miss and Saad's mark, play on and turnover (goal I think) and the puff went out of the crowd and pretty much the players.

Go Blues

let me add to this in agreement.

it was pretty bad, but i do find myself reminding myself, that we havent played finals for 10 years (even then by default) so we arent going to go from boiled lollies to chocolates overnight (though we have pretty much been close to that)

still, does change how frustrating and dissappointing last night was ...

3/4 umpiring felt like the worst display of umpiring i have witnessed ... or am i just one eyed?

Last edited by ScottSaunders2 on Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:10 am 
Ken Hunter

In finals we will need Pitto, we also need more than 1 season to take out the kinks (both players and plays) but we are getting better and each of these type games is gold for our development.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:12 am 
formerly Fevola

Why did we get Hayes again? Vanilla player. And 27 years of age. What a waste.

Geez we were poor last night. McKays worst game for a long time.

These guys better stop talking and taking some action.

We cannot handle pressure. Simple as that. How many out of bounds on the full last night, too much for a so called professional outfit.

No leadership out there, and none from our captain either.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:14 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wojee wrote:
One moment summed up the entire performance, Hawkins taking the ball out of the ruck unopposed for that goal. Amateur hour fron Carlton.

Yep I knew we weren't going to win after that goal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:17 am 
Bob Chitty

Drewgirl wrote:

100%

this wasnt a kid in his 1st game and is 18 years old ...

dare i say it, we missed o'brien ... at least he can use the ball well, for all his other faults, i think his delivery into the forward line was missed yesterday. It certainly wasnt replaced by Hayes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:20 am 
Bob Chitty

one last thing for me, before i get stuck into building a wall ...

the one glimmer i have out of this game, is i feel like after every loss we have had this year, we have corrected ourselves after ... this could be a good result for us, in the long term. It shows what we need to do etc.. compare freo / freo games as an example .. think this is a good dress rehersal for the finals, and we fluffed our lines, but the second performance will be better, that im sure of, and that has been our improvement this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:29 am 
Bruce Doull

The umpiring wasn't the difference but if someone can explain to me why Doc gets a 50 paid against him when it was the Geelong bloke holding the ball up then that'd be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:36 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Drewgirl wrote:

Geez we were poor last night. McKays worst game for a long time.

These guys better stop talking and taking some action.

We cannot handle pressure. Simple as that. How many out of bounds on the full last night, too much for a so called professional outfit.

No leadership out there, and none from our captain either.

Yep he was poor.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:42 am 
Rod Ashman

Sydney Blue wrote:
I don't think we were good enough but there were 5 things that should not have happened.
Stanley's uncontested mark amongst 4 blues in the opening minutes.
Hawkins uncontested ruck contest and goal
Selwoods dive on the boundary line and down field free
50 meter penalty against Doc..
Harry's dropped chest mark in goal square.

30 points right there

Add to that the HTB free kick against Doc in the first place. All night they didn't pay that HTB and umpire 26 (I am sure it was Mr Bean) decided to grandstand. I am not normally hugely vocal at the footy but that free kick really PMO!!! :mad:

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:42 am 
Harry Vallence

Still think we are a limited team

Too much reliance on individual brilliance ie Charlie and Harry

Winning premierships requires a drilled team able to adapt when required

We are not cohesive enough and our bottom 6 continually let us down when the pressure is applied

The skill errors and brain fades last night were horrendous

The Hawkins goal and Stanley mark was amateur hour

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:45 am 
Rod Ashman

Mate of mine barracks for the Dogs and texted during the game that he was wrapped Hayes was playing for someone else. Said he’s one of those annoying types that does too much at VFL level to ignore but isn’t up to it when he plays ones.

Last night would be exhibit A for Carlton

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:48 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

WOW wrote:
Still think we are a limited team

Too much reliance on individual brilliance ie Charlie and Harry

Winning premierships requires a drilled team able to adapt when required

We are not cohesive enough and our bottom 6 continually let us down when the pressure is applied

The skill errors and brain fades last night were horrendous

The Hawkins goal and Stanley mark was amateur hour

This.

It was dispacable.

Grade 6 shit.

Nobody going up.
WTF????

Youbg back to shitting himself.
Plowman always does it.
Panic merchants.

Cripps 17 touches?

Outcoached at stoppages from the start.

Durdin wasteful once again. Needs a spell in VFL IMO. Small forwards need to max chances.

McKay rubbish 2 weeks running when it matters in first halves. Absolutely panted by TDK2.

Weitering has been awful since coming back. Paid his man zero attention and got duly burned.

We haven't won consecutive games for 2 months. We are overrated and average.

But what was most disappointing was the widespread fumbling and poor ball use. We can't handle the heat and panic like little babies. Woeful.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:50 am 
Rod Ashman

Very disappointed still from last nights game. But this year was all about learning and playing any finals. It has always been about next year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:52 am 
Wayne Johnston

Wojee wrote:

The commentators then carrying on how strong he was to be able to do that just rubbed salt into the wound.

I saw JSOS gesturing to someone after that looking frustrated and indicating lack of talk. I think what happened was JSOS was rucking but thought Cripps would ruck as he often does in these situations, and Cripps thought JSOS would. TDK was off the field. I can’t think of any other reasons to why no one nominated.

And yes the commentators were putrid saying how strong he was when he was rucking against nobody.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:55 am 
Wayne Johnston

I deliberately did not read any posts here and ignored all social media last night, I was too angry.

In retrospect I think we were beaten by two things
1. Geelong system, we had nowhere to switch and forced to dump down the line too many times where we were outnumbered. This made us look slow and indecisive
2. Their pressure around the ball was excellent and made our guys fumbly

If Voss can improve our system I am sure the players can increase pressure levels.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:03 am 
Garry Crane

Not sure if it's been mentioned and not sure what the stat was but our inability to take an intercept mark really killed us I thought.
Just on optics here but we got our hands to so many when they went forward but marked what felt like zero. From there the ball hits the ground and everything we tried to do was under constant pressure.
Geelong were brilliant at applying it and then setting up behind the ball once we did get the ball out. Felt like all that contributed to so many sill errors and ultimately shots at goal or goals

I wasn't sure about rushing Pitto in but also thought we got beaten in centre bounces. Not saying this is TDKs fault but early in the season Pitto's play in the centre really helped get the ball forward & create clearances. Not sure what the structure looks like because we also need outside run but our centre clearance stuff has been way down for large parts of the last couple of months so I would get him in even if it's 60% game time

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:08 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Humpers wrote:
Wojee wrote:

Yep I knew we weren't going to win after that goal.

Not to mention leaving the goal square empty to allow the ball to just dribble through

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next