Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sydney Blue wrote:
I don't think we were good enough but there were 5 things that should not have happened.
Stanley's uncontested mark amongst 4 blues in the opening minutes.
Hawkins uncontested ruck contest and goal
Selwoods dive on the boundary line and down field free
50 meter penalty against Doc..
Harry's dropped chest mark in goal square.

30 points right there

Yeah, the final margin flattered Geelong big time. We were pretty average, and they were well coached, but it's not as though they turned it on or anything. Thankfully, their precise structures and highly experienced playing group tend to get exposed under the white hot heat and chaos of finals footy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:27 pm 
Craig Bradley

sinbagger wrote:
What really stood out for me during the match was that when Geelong players were tackled they almost always were able to get an effective disposal away despite the tackle. Yet when Carlton players were tackled they were unable to move the ball on and it was “ball up”.

Or they were able to release the ball, however illegally.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Carlton FC
@CarltonFC
·
1m
Will Hayes has been offered a two-match ban by the Match Review Officer after being charged with rough conduct (dangerous tackle).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:57 pm 
Robert Walls

Effes wrote:
Carlton FC
@CarltonFC
·
1m
Will Hayes has been offered a two-match ban by the Match Review Officer after being charged with rough conduct (dangerous tackle).

That’s a bullshit outcome over action penalty but saves them having to drop him for being the new turnover king.

Last edited by bluebo baggers on Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

That is not 2 weeks

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:13 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

What a load of horse shit.
Reckon he should get dropped. Would reluctantly cop 1 but we have to defend our player here.
Not only defend him but absolutely demand that bias tossbag Christian get sacked.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

Whats with the reverence ? Cats , yeah good side but no way a champion side . No way should we fear facing them again . We weren't bad but had bad moments that cost us . We lost it as much as they won it . I believe we can improve a whole lot on that effort ...................just regroup and do our homework . Don't get the surprise of Blicavs going to Cripps coz the previous week Blicavs went to Oliver . Cut it off at the source . Everyone is gonna come that caper from now on so get used to it . I would send Cripps forward if he is getting beat coz Cripps is a beast in the forward line ...................Nah , disappointed but far from devoted .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Watched the game from Level 4 right behind the goals. Never sat there before. It’s not as bad as some have said re nose bleed :garthp:

I haven’t watched the replay and I don’t think it will change my mind but I will before I conclude.

What I can say is we will learn more from that game than any other. And, what we learn will set us up well for next year let alone Finals.

There were players selected who were not fit.

The body size difference really stood out, and that’s from years of training and preseasons. With those years under their belts the Cats looked like they were up for the fight and backed their experience to set up and applied pressure like never before. We succumbed to Saints pressure in the first, ditto Pies. We don’t like pressure.

Reminded me of 1995 except the tables were turned on us. The old hardened bodies with ample experience with youthful speed on the outside got the job done.

We were intimidated and didn’t know how to play Finals Footy.

With them getting the rub of the green with the umpires, and the footy gods gave them the bounce of the ball, we did ok to get within 5 goals, especially when our defenders didn’t respect their opponents, and played 10 metres too far from their opponents to contest a high ball, and half our players were out of sorts.

I think we can still beat the Cats and anyone if we go out there with the eye of the Tiger.

Add a fit and firing Pitto, Gov, Williams, Boyd, and Martin and we will be a threat to anyone. I trust Voss will learn from the outing and teach the teachable what to do the next time.

Great hit out. We showed some good signs, we butchered the ball.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:37 pm 
Rod Ashman

Which end Bondiblue?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:10 pm 
Geoff Southby

Bloody oath Bondi .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:53 pm 
Ken Hunter

Effes wrote:
Carlton FC
@CarltonFC
·
1m

That’s just wrong. The fact he copped 2 weeks is even a bigger a farce.
I don’t care if it’s Hayes or Cripps - this is wrong and must be challenged.
Christian is a fair dinkum ass and a 2 week penalty shows his bias.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

What was the crowd?

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
What was the crowd?

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:02 am 
Bruce Doull

Great crowd….

well done all who braved the conditions…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:57 am 
Craig Bradley

Mickstar wrote:
Whats with the reverence ? Cats , yeah good side but no way a champion side . No way should we fear facing them again . We weren't bad but had bad moments that cost us . We lost it as much as they won it . I believe we can improve a whole lot on that effort ...................just regroup and do our homework . Don't get the surprise of Blicavs going to Cripps coz the previous week Blicavs went to Oliver . Cut it off at the source . Everyone is gonna come that caper from now on so get used to it . I would send Cripps forward if he is getting beat coz Cripps is a beast in the forward line ...................Nah , disappointed but far from devoted .

I don’t think it was a surprise that Blicavs went to Cripps, just that he was allowed to play with his back to the ball at stoppages.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:30 am 
Trevor Keogh

I loved what I saw in the first 1-1.5 quarters. I thought we'd really come out to play.

I'm not convinced that Motlop has "x factor." I think the term's often given to mercurial players and at least early in their careers can indicate negatively that they have a propensity to flash in and out of games. Against a very mature Geelong team his pressure and disposal in close belie his age and physical maturity. His workrate at 18yo has my mouth watering that he will be a very good, consistent player for us when he physically matures. I loved the goal he kicked. To me, he epitomises a young man that's been raised by parents that have given him plenty of attention in his formative years. He has that endearing level of confidence in stark contrast to some of the FIGJAM kids that come into the system - the latter can go to water when the inevitable adversity arrives in life.

Cottrell has also come on in leaps and bounds. That was the second instance of a handpass he gave where it took composure and the second option to affect the goal. He has worked hard on his game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:31 am 
Trevor Keogh

RickJ wrote:
Lots of angry and disappointed Carlton supporters walking home last night, including me. I only live a block from the G and found a brand new Carlton Polo size L in our front courtyard this morning. Someone’s cracked it and chucked it.

If you’d like it back pm me. I’ll mail it to you :lol:

If you can just pop it in the post and address it to me in Nasvhille, that'd be amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:09 am 
Harry Vallence

SurreyBlue wrote:
Effes wrote:
Carlton FC
@CarltonFC
·
1m

That’s just wrong. The fact he copped 2 weeks is even a bigger a farce.
I don’t care if it’s Hayes or Cripps - this is wrong and must be challenged.
Christian is a fair dinkum ass and a 2 week penalty shows his bias.

100% agree

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:31 am 
Geoff Southby

Crusader wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

I don’t think it was a surprise that Blicavs went to Cripps, just that he was allowed to play with his back to the ball at stoppages.

Yeah Cruz , the Nafin factor .How Blicavs got away with that i don't know . Mind you , not just Nafin coz if there is one bloke that earns every free kick he gets it is Cripps . Reckon Cripps is treated harshly by a lot of umpires .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluechampion wrote:
Cripps and Hayes missing EVERYTHING from reasonable straight-forward set shots certainly didn't help...

SOS too

He needs a rest. He’s not moving freely or he’s badly out of form. I’m sure it’s the former, and for me he only played because Pitto played reserves to find his feet.

SOS wasn’t the only one we carried in this game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next