Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
WOW wrote:
Still think we are a limited team

Too much reliance on individual brilliance ie Charlie and Harry

Winning premierships requires a drilled team able to adapt when required

We are not cohesive enough and our bottom 6 continually let us down when the pressure is applied

The skill errors and brain fades last night were horrendous

The Hawkins goal and Stanley mark was amateur hour

This.

It was dispacable.

Grade 6 shit.

Nobody going up.
WTF????

Youbg back to shitting himself.
Plowman always does it.
Panic merchants.

Cripps 17 touches?

Outcoached at stoppages from the start.

Durdin wasteful once again. Needs a spell in VFL IMO. Small forwards need to max chances.

McKay rubbish 2 weeks running when it matters in first halves. Absolutely panted by TDK2.

Weitering has been awful since coming back. Paid his man zero attention and got duly burned.

We haven't won consecutive games for 2 months. We are overrated and average.

But what was most disappointing was the widespread fumbling and poor ball use. We can't handle the heat and panic like little babies. Woeful.

I can empathise why you feel this way, but I may be wrong about that because both of you have a right to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I’ve noticed the lesser names are copping all the blame, and I agree to a degree. Writing off the team because of Durdin (and I too expect small forwards to kick goals too or…..next), Newness, Newman, Hayes, Plowman…the usual targets, but I ask, with respect, should Weitering be playing when he lets his opponent do what he pleases and doesn’t provide a physical presence to challenge his opponent? He cost us a couple goals.

Jones might have zoned off Cameron but he knew he had closing speed to make up 5 metres. Did Young know his limitations and respect his opponent? That has to change. Young has been a revelation, but he needs to play closer to his opponent if he can’t make ground to CONTEST the high ball. There’s 5 goals there.

And that’s just the start.

Harry didn’t try to win the ball. That photo of San DK taking the mark whilstvHarry was looking away from the ball is bang on showing where Harry’s head was. When he was out of position as was his opponent Sam, why did Sam fight the others in front of him to get to the ball? Because he wanted it. Worst showing of the year from Harry, but he’s been lucky recently with goals but he should be doing more.

Apart from a handful, the team didn’t show patience with the ball in hand, coaching?, didn’t care about keeping possession like Cats did and didn’t play with the eye of the Tiger.

Too many players not switched on, perhaps intimidated, too many unfit players, and another lesson for Voss about his players.

And Cripps letting Blicavs dominate him. Speedy would have pulled him off the ground as a message to stop crying and start fighting.

Yeah the umpiring was obviously bias, but we should be bigger than that

Moral of the story, out KPs failed to play their role, and we only lost by 5 goals.

Furthermore, those lesser types, and I thought Hayes showed something LOB can’t, we’re holding spots till Pitto, gov, Martin, Williams, Owies return. Huge difference.

And Weitering should not have played. That’s why Durdin should have been selected. Weitering and SOS were liabilities.

We can beat the Cats, just as we can beat ourselves.

@#$%&! it was cold in Melb. I’m warmer up at Buller wearing same clothes. Maybe it’s the chilli Gin and Tequila.

Go Blues. Things can only get better…and after that lesson I know they will…we will be a better team. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. Finals were the goal, and I just want another go at the Cats with a few new faves

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I prefer to see Carlton as a team that punches above its weight given it’s injuries and immaturity of players in this weeks 22 and the reserves, and WLWLWLWL…with a bit of luck vs Pies and Saints could have been giving fams a different feeling between their legs let alone their ears.

We have 11 wins.
We’ve beaten Tigers without Walsh etc
We beat GWS on their home ground on their coaches last game
we’ve beaten the Swans, and the media along with our fans admiring what we can bring, against the odds

We’ve won 11 games, and I predict we will we win 14. Regardless, we have improved.

Why didn’t we have one more come in at the centre bounces after the bounce like they did?
Why did we pay Blicavs no respect?
Why did Harry not try to win every ball his way, like Charlie did?
Why did we pick Weiters when he wasn’t ready?
Why didn’t we play close to Cameron? And Hawkins?
Why did Doc keep kicking out to a 2 on 1 mismatch?
Why did we kick Out on a full under no pressure?
Why did we not hold the ball till we found a good option when Cats had zoned ahead?

Voss has a lot of questions to address, because they were elementary mistakes, and from where we sit, easy to fix.

Like I said we will learn more from this game than any other. Thank you Cats. You weren’t that scary.

And Cottrell I watched carefully and even from level 4 he was mustering the troops and closing down his opponent. He was my Monday hero amongst an ordinary lot, so stop bagging him if you didn’t watch him closely, especially if you were limited by tv. Kennedy was my other hero. Looked like a Geelong physique and he stood up to them.

Plowman will be replaced, no worries about that, but if the MC don’t pick Durdin, then Plowmis the bast we’ve got till Goc and March return and I am grateful for that.

And Durdin has been learning his trade in the firsts when he hasn’t been playing at AFL level, and I agree Motlop doesn’t have X factor too. There’s a list of players who do have x factor and he doesn’t meet that criteria for me, but he stood up and tackled and wasn’t rewarded. He is only 19yo and wasn’t intimidated by the likes of Selwood and was short changed by umpires on 2 occasions for great tackles.

We are coming. Don’t believe the media headlines they are like our recent results wrong correct wrong correct wrong correct lousy like that uneducated Neathdethal Michael Christian who is like a shopping trolley applying his penalties, He’s another reason why I think the AFL is a clumsy boys club we can all see through. Aemploy the best, not your mates. he is a disgrace. like I said he’s bias and hasn’t got a high IQ. Anti Carlton and I expected his penalty. Let’s never forget the prick. Neanderthal prick doesn’t think we have the IQ to see through him. Prick.

Walsh was my BOG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CFC8795 wrote:
Which end Bondiblue?

Geez I didn’t pay attention to that.

General admission if that helps.

Took a few newbies because they agreed blondes look great in navy blue. Converted a few more…and bought them memberships. They are new bluebirds…going next week too, with or without me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:09 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
Serious question. Can we match it with the top sides with Plowman Newnes Newman in the side? Play okay against average sides but in big games get found out.

List Management at years end will be interesting

They are warming seats.

I will be surprised if they are first selected next year.

Newman plays well against swans, and had a good year for mine. He wasn’t in my best 22 preseason, but done well for us THIS season. Next year…pace from the backline from Doc Saad Willams Boyd…means pressure on Newman too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
I don't think we were good enough but there were 5 things that should not have happened.
Stanley's uncontested mark amongst 4 blues in the opening minutes.
Hawkins uncontested ruck contest and goal
Selwoods dive on the boundary line and down field free
50 meter penalty against Doc..
Harry's dropped chest mark in goal square.

30 points right there

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Spot on Sydney. I could add a few more to that list….Young giving Cameron 10 metres all game…add a couple more there. And more

We gave it to them on a platter.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
We fluffed our lines once again on the big stage tonight- someone referenced David Parkin and our 1993 Grand final side - once Voss sorts through the Powell’s, Athorn’s, Sholl’s etc out we’ll be on our way.

And yeah that cheating flog #22 - passed on some tips to his mates as well.

:roll:

Voss will, just like Parkin did.

Geelong old men don’t come close to our oldies in 95.

Naiffen gave it to them on a platter.
We have to do something about him….do you think the club says anything to the AFL?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

dannyboy wrote:
In finals we will need Pitto, we also need more than 1 season to take out the kinks (both players and plays) but we are getting better and each of these type games is gold for our development.

Exactly DB

Things can only get better after a gap analysis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

missnaut wrote:
Is Weitering fully fit? Because he doesn't look it. Seemed really hampered by something.

Harry had his worst game ever I reckon.

Good onyx miss aunt

He wasn’t fit, and sadly Harry didn’t try hard enough to compete, contest, bring the ball to the ground…anything, and he ended with what he deserves

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

rhino27 wrote:
missnaut wrote:
Is Weitering fully fit? Because he doesn't look it. Seemed really hampered by something.

Harry had his worst game ever I reckon.

Weiters seems reluctant to initiate body contact.
Whether not 100% and rushed back in or just lacking confidence in the arm, I don't know

Tell me, what is the point in playing in defence if that is your modus operandi?

Pathetic and embarrassing to watch.

The novices who I took to the game thought Weters looked really old and slow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluechampion wrote:
Cripps and Hayes missing EVERYTHING from reasonable straight-forward set shots certainly didn't help...

Add Harry’s shot too, and there’s another 3 goals gone begging FMD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bmaurizio wrote:
Obviously Cats are the more hardened, physically mature , experience thence poised in the heat of the contest.
We played reasonably well, in patches , it wasn’t a horrible game just not up to knocking off a quality 2022 top 4 team and Cup contender.
The challenge now for the Baggers is to not to drop their bundle, go on to defeat GWS & Crows.
As long as we get a taste of finals action it’s the cream on the top of an extraordinary revival & turn around on and off the field in 2022.

Good onya Maurizio.

Got to put things in perspective.

It ain’t the end of the world, nor the end of our season

And

We can beat the Cats….on our day…with a few back from injury

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
As strange as it sounds I believe we are missing Boyd. He was the BP missing link for us. He could lockdown on a Stengle and his run, speed and elite ball use made us better

We need Boyd McGovern & Williams back before finals. It will make our defence to much better.

B: Boyd Young McGovern
HB: Docherty Weitering Saad (Williams)

Is as good as any and so much better than having Plowman Stocker Newman and Newnes plying down there

You’re onto something Farmer Boy

Boyd has been a revelation this year. Line breaker. he didn’t look it in his first couple outings hence why we should hopefully get a better look at Hayes because we are looking to uncover a couple diamonds this year. young was mother….just wish he plays closer to his direct opponent…calling Voss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
Cripps and Hayes missing EVERYTHING from reasonable straight-forward set shots certainly didn't help...

Geelong had 10 more scoring shots - couple in there that they would rue missing

5 goals was a fair margin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:47 pm 
Ken Hands

grrofunger wrote:
Epic fail

Panicky, Rushed, Fumbly, Slow , Indecisive, Mistake riddled football against a bunch of kissed on the dick umpires pets.

Frustrating as hell.

If there was a mistake to be made, we made it. Any chance of not playing the ball back into trouble? or taking the first option?

If there was a 50/50 ball that could bounce Geelong's way... it did.

If there was a 50/50 umpires call to be made... Geelong got it.

If Nafan Cheat Williamson was in the vicinity and he could @#$%&! us... he did.

I hate Geelong

Yep. Particularly the last sentence. Was painful. Hopefully a great learning experience as they see the swarming efforts the cats made and they bring that to the next month of footy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
bluechampion wrote:

Geelong had 10 more scoring shots - couple in there that they would rue missing

5 goals was a fair margin

Agree there was more to it London, but my point is we missed opportunities, we also gave 5 directly to them and there’s your 5 shots, a bit of odd umpiring, playing unfit players it’s not the end of the world and if we fix those things (excluding ump #22) we are in it up to our necks.

I’m liking what we have moving forward rather than what we didn’t have on Saturday.

I’m not as sour as some with the result. I loved the first 1,5 Qtrs and the first part of the 3rd till Saads kick was intercepted and they scored that easy goal…like a few others

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:39 am 
Bruce Doull

Dammit london and Koro, screwing up bondiblue's M-M-M-M-MULTIBALL!!!!

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:01 pm 
Garry Crane

my take is that we are to SLOW ,because of this teams like cats,tigers,coll,saints,can go into team defence and wait for our long bombs or panic kicks into there waiting arms and off they go with quick ball movement into there f50 for easy goals . Finals are played at the G Austin needs to find quick strong bodies for us to take next step

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wojee wrote:
Dammit london and Koro, screwing up bondiblue's M-M-M-M-MULTIBALL!!!!

:lol:

I was born with 3 balls. Donated one to Monash Uni. Now I have one. WTF happened? I only had half a bottle of jack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jpulice1969 wrote:
my take is that we are to SLOW ,because of this teams like cats,tigers,coll,saints,can go into team defence and wait for our long bombs or panic kicks into there waiting arms and off they go with quick ball movement into there f50 for easy goals . Finals are played at the G Austin needs to find quick strong bodies for us to take next step

That’s certainly one reason.

We just give it away, playing Russian Roulette at times when the opposition have got extras in defense

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:32 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Just watched the game again. Was keen for a ski and I had a lot of time to kill.

I thought Cerra played a good game. After Cornes trashed him this week making up numbers and adding an extra 100k on his salary for a bit of garnish (typical of a shock jock), I really liked his defensive side of his game. Against bigger stronger bodies his tackles stuck, something many of our players failed to do.

The footy gods decided the bounce of the ball would go Cats way. Next time it might be our turn

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7