Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:44 am 
Geoff Southby

WOW wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
Round 19 team v GWS

Backs: Adam Saad - Lewis Young - Lachie Plowman

Half-backs: Nic Newman - Jacob Weitering - Sam Docherty

Centreline: Matthew Cottrell - Patrick Cripps - Adam Cerra

Half-forwards: Jack Silvagni - Harry McKay - Will Setterfield

Forwards: Corey Durdin - Charlie Curnow - Jesse Motlop

Followers: Tom De Koning - Sam Walsh - Matthew Kennedy

Interchange: Zac Fisher - Josh Honey - Mitch McGovern - Lochie O'Brien

Emergencies: Paddy Dow - Lachie Fogarty - Jack Newnes - Liam Stocker

In: Honey, McGovern, O’Brien, Setterfield
Out: Hewett (back soreness), Hayes (suspended), Newnes, Stocker

The forward line really needs to lift

It has become too one dimensional

Our small forwards have been disappointing over the last few months

Crying out for a classy medium sized forward to compliment Charlie and Harry

Correct . And that is why Honey is in the side . He has got power and speed . He can accelerate , he has gears . And has a nasty streak . Plays with spite . Whats not to like ? one bloke on our list with a point of difference .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:35 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

redback wrote:
All i want to know is how the !@#$ is obrien in again
Had a glimpse at the vfl and to my amazement as soon a s he got the ball he just went around the corner on the back flank because there was a opposition player within 2 meters of him, no looking at who was where up the ground or any other support around him. The only thing on his mind was get rid of it before someone touches me, wtf.
Does anyone know if he's hemophiliac or has a similar medical condition

What a ridiculous post

Pull your @#$%&! head in man

LoB might not be the toughnest of players but posts such as yours are immature and spiteful

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:53 am 
Craig Bradley

WOW wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
Round 19 team v GWS

Jack Martin is the one. He just needs some continuity. I know he frustrates a lot of fans but I think that’s because deep down we all know how talented he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:29 am 
Wayne Johnston

redback wrote:
Had a glimpse at the vfl and to my amazement as soon a s he got the ball he just went around the corner on the back flank because there was a opposition player within 2 meters of him, no looking at who was where up the ground or any other support around him. The only thing on his mind was get rid of it before someone touches me, wtf.

Because he knew if he was tackled the ball would very likely be turned over, so he did the team thing and moved the ball on quickly.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:44 am 
Rod Ashman

Paddycripps wrote:
redback wrote:

What a ridiculous post

LoB might not be the toughnest of players but posts such as yours are immature and spiteful

Costs us a heap of turnovers and over rated disposal only thing going for him is his endurance (and i know how he came to acquire that).
Should be playing netball, even though in think some of those girls have more brute in them than him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:45 am 
Rod Ashman

sinbagger wrote:
redback wrote:

Because he knew if he was tackled the ball would very likely be turned over, so he did the team thing and moved the ball on quickly.

:lol: ok

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:50 am 
Ken Hunter

Quote:
and i know how he came to acquire that

Did I just stumble into Windy Hill by accident?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

I like him but Honey is very lucky to be selected in my view
Setterfield really needs to take chance too
Thought he was good on the wing early in the season

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:19 pm 
John James

Mickstar wrote:
WOW wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
Round 19 team v GWS

Correct . And that is why Honey is in the side . He has got power and speed . He can accelerate , he has gears . And has a nasty streak . Plays with spite . Whats not to like ? one bloke on our list with a point of difference .

like him too but was invisible during last full aFL game. Hayes had more touches and AF points racked up in fifteen minutes of play at the end of the game. honey is brillant in the vfl. neeeds to make the transition still. owies is our best small forward for pressure acts this season. (best in afl at F50 tacklers at on e point). Durds best all round small forward score involvements. down on his form, long season i guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:33 pm 
John James

GreatEx wrote:
Quote:

it’s the amount of muscle mass young players put in an extremely short period of time that makes me suspicious of AFL players and PEDs.

i know former pro-cycling rider who did one European season before quitting because they said he had to go on the juice (like all of them in the 2000s before USPostal was exposed) and he reckons almost all professional sports people are on them. especially NBA etc. there’s a lot of loopholes. if your injured you can get a year long certificate to allow steroids etc bc they might be part of your rehab. heaps of olympic athletes used to go into “rehab” a few years before the olympics.

i think it would be naive to assume what happened at windy hill wasn’t happening on an ad box basis elsewhere. Herd made the mistake of trying to codify it into a programme.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

diesel95 wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
Quote:

it’s the amount of muscle mass young players put in an extremely short period of time that makes me suspicious of AFL players and PEDs.

i know former pro-cycling rider who did one European season before quitting because they said he had to go on the juice (like all of them in the 2000s before USPostal was exposed) and he reckons almost all professional sports people are on them. especially NBA etc. there’s a lot of loopholes. if your injured you can get a year long certificate to allow steroids etc bc they might be part of your rehab. heaps of olympic athletes used to go into “rehab” a few years before the olympics.

i think it would be naive to assume what happened at windy hill wasn’t happening on an ad box basis elsewhere. Herd made the mistake of trying to codify it into a programme.

I think that is very speculative and dangerous talk.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

WOW wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
Round 19 team v GWS

True but I think Pittonet coming back will allow Silvagni to play the third role perfectly. Being second ruck is wearing him down.

Martin is the other option if he can get fit and improve his efforts. The talent is there

What I like now that McGovern is back he can be thrown forward when needed. Makes us better

Motlop & Durdin I like but are still learning. Owies is good and we have missed him. Honey still to be proven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

Paddycripps wrote:
redback wrote:

What a ridiculous post

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

redback wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
redback wrote:

What a ridiculous post

Costs us a heap of turnovers and over rated disposal only thing going for him is his endurance (and i know how he came to acquire that).
Should be playing netball, even though in think some of those girls have more brute in them than him.

Do you seriously believe Voss would pick soft players

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:50 pm 
Harry Vallence

SurreyBlue wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:
Honestly I don't get the hype around Stocker.

Are we all hoping he makes it because he was part of the brave SOS trade?

By thta statement, I’d say you don’t know much about football or don’t watch Stocker enough but maybe that just me and a million others who are wrong.

What's he done of note in his career so far?

The hip and shoulder against the Pies? That's not enough.

I get he's had some personal issues and I empathise with that but this is a cutthroat industry and he's had a few chances and hasn't set the world on fire.

He may get looked at by other clubs but for me I don't really blink an eye if he's in or out, others around his level have contributed far more than he has.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

Newnes and Fogerty not in VFL side from what I can tell

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

Newnes has been an injury doubt the last couple of weeks, right? Guess if we had more of a PR focus we could have played the "managed" card. Glad we didn't, imo you're in our you're out, end of story.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:46 pm 
Rod Ashman

FarmerBlue wrote:
WOW wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
Round 19 team v GWS

True but I think Pittonet coming back will allow Silvagni to play the third role perfectly. Being second ruck is wearing him down.

Martin is the other option if he can get fit and improve his efforts. The talent is there

What I like now that McGovern is back he can be thrown forward when needed. Makes us better

Motlop & Durdin I like but are still learning. Owies is good and we have missed him. Honey still to be proven

I agree. I think the forward line becomes too predictable if Jack has to ruck and without Martin.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

Dow Pittonet & Marchbank put forward their case for selection in the VFL tonight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:
Honestly I don't get the hype around Stocker.

Are we all hoping he makes it because he was part of the brave SOS trade?

By thta statement, I’d say you don’t know much about football or don’t watch Stocker enough but maybe that just me and a million others who are wrong.

Forget that Traveller is asking a question, and questioning Stockers ability, when it’s his form that should be questioned, because all our first rounders have ability.

I can’t let this go to the keeper. Stocker has a lot of detractors, and I would put it to you we don’t have a million people out there who have even noticed Stocker. Furthermore, forget the poster who you think doesn’t know anything about football, are you saying the same about the blokes who have dropped Stocker? Voss, Hansen, Clarke, Power and the backline coach Hamill?

Come on Surrey. Maybe you’re fixed with ideals and not focussed on current form or ones ability to perform a role

I like Stocker, but there’s a few things he isn’t doing as a BP, but should given he’s a midfielder.
Have a look at Boyd and Williams and see what they bring to the position that Stocker doesn’t. I know Stocker is a good old fashioned footballer, tough at the contest, and puts his body on the line, but we need more than that if we can get it. Maybe he’s too mechanical and safe. I think he showed some intent to run hard in his last VFL game, but he failed again to bring that run last week when it really counted.

What’s obvious to me is the MC have Boyd and Williams ahead of Stocker when available, and this week, Not only Plowman who plays against stalls, but also McGovern. Our backline has performed well without Stocker this year. He’s a lot further back than your ratings. Ditti Cottrell.

You also have it in for Cottrell too. He’s a year younger than Stocker, is obviously rated by the MC, and me, along with many others, and you’re writing him off. I don’t see any other player with the weapon Cottrell has. LOB comes close with endurance, but not speed, but LOB has been dropped and came in this week because the player ahead of him, Hayes, was suspended ircLOB is behind Hayes and Cottrell. Imo the reason is obvious and It’s only a now thing: form counts, fan favouritism doesn’t.

Think about it. We have a lot of developing young players who are not consistent. Setterfield got 40 possessions last week and has strung 3 good games in a row. He’s been recalled. Stocker may well be too. It’s not the end of the world.

We all know something about football and have opinions and bias, but we have to give credit to the MC: they know something we don’t. Plus, they want to have a look at all their options, but they also need to win games and give their supporters and President what they want: Finals.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next