Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:35 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
The ruckman can take his eyes off the ball or cross the line.

Problem is, they cross the line, looking at the player, crash into them AND SOMETIMES tap the ball...

TDK is no idiot... He has been running every which way.... If the ruckman looks at him, runs around and makes contact, (unless I've missed the rule), that's a free......
the opposition could pull his doodle out and play it like a kazoo after that.... doesn't make it less of an infringement...

It's more at the centre bounce.. around the ground they typically don't have that much space...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

billc3 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Problem is, they cross the line, looking at the player, crash into them AND SOMETIMES tap the ball...

If they don't touch the ball, it should be a free kick, and usually is.
That's the rule.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:22 pm 
Rod Ashman

billc3 wrote:
the opposition could pull his doodle out and play it like a kazoo after that....

Expecting tommi to enter the discussion again soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:38 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dom Sheed out for the season.
Yeo out with a hammy.
Last week Jeremy McGovern was listed as TBC so you'd think he is unlikely.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:45 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rain forecast for Sunday in Perth :mad: :mad:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

muzza wrote:
billc3 wrote:
the opposition could pull his doodle out and play it like a kazoo after that....

Expecting tommi to enter the discussion again soon.

Teehee….

enter…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:32 am 
Robert Walls

Humpers wrote:
Rain forecast for Sunday in Perth :mad: :mad:

So we'll play like its a sunny dry MCG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:41 am 
Robert Walls

It's time we apportioned some blame on our coaches
1. Our midfielders have gone missing over the last 5 weeks save for the Freo game...centre square and contest clearance...FFS, teams have worked us out and because our mids are so one paced, find it hard to send the ball I50 enough and cleanly
2. We played dry weather football on a rainy night against Rich and got ourelves 6 goals down
3. Cerra appeared to be rushed back and then played out of natural position last Friday night
4. I dont give a sh1te about tackling stats in F50 (they should be non negotiable)...What else is non negotiable is having small crumbing presence inside 30 around the contest...it doesn't exist...last Friday night the ball was kicked just outside goal square and I counted 3 Stk players goal side of the contest oon their own to sweep the ball. I don't know where our small forwards are but it aint front and centre...if they have been told to provide more defensive cover, IT IS NOT HELPING OUR SCORING
5. I'm neither here nor there with Dow but from the naked eye, he's been harshly treated by the coaches...and I don't buy the sh!te that he can only play one position

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:59 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

So Pav has made it clear where his loyalties rest !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:28 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
1. Our midfielders have gone missing over the last 5 weeks save for the Freo game...centre square and contest clearance...FFS, teams have worked us out and because our mids are so one paced, find it hard to send the ball I50 enough and cleanly
2. We played dry weather football on a rainy night against Rich and got ourelves 6 goals down
3. Cerra appeared to be rushed back and then played out of natural position last Friday night
4. I dont give a sh1te about tackling stats in F50 (they should be non negotiable)...What else is non negotiable is having small crumbing presence inside 30 around the contest...it doesn't exist...last Friday night the ball was kicked just outside goal square and I counted 3 Stk players goal side of the contest oon their own to sweep the ball. I don't know where our small forwards are but it aint front and centre...if they have been told to provide more defensive cover, IT IS NOT HELPING OUR SCORING
5. I'm neither here nor there with Dow but from the naked eye, he's been harshly treated by the coaches...and I don't buy the sh!te that he can only play one position

I think the midfield group has had to help out defensively since Weitering and Durdin went down, and that's part of the reason for lower output by our mids in our forward half. Cerra's form, not position wasn't helpful either. His clangers had nothing to do with position. He still has to play football for keeps when he has the ball wherever that is.

I agree with all your other points, and the issue with our smalls and pressure forwards (Owies, Motlop, Durdin, Kennedy) are only spending 60% of the game on the ground.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:14 pm 
formerly Fevola

And the biggest issue on the weekend, out kicking for goal. if we had made some of those easy shots, we would not have lost.

My bug bear at the moment is Charlie and McKays set shots. I feel we are being a bit too showy and flashy. Charlies quick snaps and McKays snaps. Learn how to kick a drop punt and follow though. Seriously.

TDK's miss was horrible, and Hewitt had easy shots too. And I forgot Durdins easy miss.

You cant expect to kick 1 goal 6 in the last quarter.

Meanwhile those Carlton wannabes are kicking scissor kick goals. Omg I am erasing that game from my memory but had to come in and make this point.

Cerra is just out of form. He made heaps of errors in that game.

We just need to get our first half of the year hunger back. I think its missing at the moment. Maybe too tired. Injuries have taken their toll. who knows.

But i hate losing games we should be winning. ie St Kilda, Richmond. And I have a feeling WestCoast will beat us this weekend. Cause thats how we roll...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:23 pm 
Rod Ashman

Actually our kicking was bad all over the ground.
Yes, we missed a few easy shots from close and I front of goals. But we also kicked some horrible floating passes which were easily interspersed in the middle of the ground or in their forward line (one of which Ryder just intercepted and dribbled a goal).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

17th Premiership wrote:
Actually our kicking was bad all over the ground.
Yes, we missed a few easy shots from close and I front of goals. But we also kicked some horrible floating passes which were easily interspersed in the middle of the ground or in their forward line (one of which Ryder just intercepted and dribbled a goal).

Then there was the Cerra howler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:08 pm 
Bob Chitty

this is becoming a super important game for us ... everyone is almost expecting us to lose ...

we are on a hiding to none ...

if we win, it was expected, if we lose ... wowee, will they come for us ...

must win.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:22 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/07/04/they-will-beat-carlton-pavlich-expects-eagles-to-stun-blues/

Quote:
“The trend is in the right direction, they are playing a brand of football that can be sustainable in the back half of the year.

“They will beat Carlton.”
Last week we were premiership contenders this week a team that has won 2 games is going to knock us off.
Football is a funny game

I think some people are just idiots.
So Carlton aren't playing a sustainable brand of football? I think otherwise.
And using Richmond as a barometer with the throw away line "some people" think they will go deep into September!
Over rated team IMO.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

99prelim wrote:
1. Our midfielders have gone missing over the last 5 weeks save for the Freo game...centre square and contest clearance...FFS, teams have worked us out and because our mids are so one paced, find it hard to send the ball I50 enough and cleanlyWe still won the clearances after half time and center clearances are more of an issue with TDK. we will be better once Pittonet gets back
2. We played dry weather football on a rainy night against Rich and got ourelves 6 goals downI think thats down to the players not the coaches. Voss said we over possessed the ball
3. Cerra appeared to be rushed back and then played out of natural position last Friday nighthe played where he has played earlier in the year. Wing has been part of his rotation from game 1
Im not sure where you expect him to play or replace but he does not have the engine to run the wings

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:15 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
99prelim wrote:

I think the midfield group has had to help out defensively since Weitering and Durdin went down, and that's part of the reason for lower output by our mids in our forward half. Cerra's form, not position wasn't helpful either. His clangers had nothing to do with position. He still has to play football for keeps when he has the ball wherever that is.

I agree with all your other points, and the issue with our smalls and pressure forwards (Owies, Motlop, Durdin, Kennedy) are only spending 60% of the game on the ground.

Owies goes at high 70s for game time. As does Durdin in any given game - except for last Friday.

Honey and Motlop are both entitled to be spending 40min on the bench, but you can’t play them both if that’s where they’re at. Clearly, the mix was off against the Saints, but the recipe calls for four smalls and they were all we had.

Fisher, Owies, Durdin & Motlop will be the right group this week.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:45 pm 
John James

The_Cranium wrote:
Of course we get them as they come back to full strength... while other top 8 teams have used them as their play thing with half the side from the WAFL, we'll be lucky to get a win. Look for SPS to play a blinder just to rub it in. This season is now on a knife's edge after promising so much

a couple of weeks ago someone said i was exaggerating to suggest if we lost both the freo and saints games our position in the eight would become vulnerable. even with the freo win (which i didn’t expect) it’s not guarantied at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:56 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

If they don't touch the ball, it should be a free kick, and usually is.
That's the rule.
Thanks BV.... if that's the rule, I stand corrected...
Seems weird.. But hey!

I'll keep an eye out and see how often 'they get a hand to it'...my biased sight was blinded after the shirt-front block without watching the ball

Go Blues

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:57 pm 
Robert Walls

diesel95 wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
Of course we get them as they come back to full strength... while other top 8 teams have used them as their play thing with half the side from the WAFL, we'll be lucky to get a win. Look for SPS to play a blinder just to rub it in. This season is now on a knife's edge after promising so much

a couple of weeks ago someone said i was exaggerating to suggest if we lost both the freo and saints games our position in the eight would become vulnerable. even with the freo win (which i didn’t expect) it’s not guarantied at all.

I am confident we will beat West Coast, but regardless it is not season over.

Everyone (including Carlton supporters, opposition supporters and the media) keep assuming that it's a foregone conclusion that we will lose to the Cats, Demons, Brisbane and even Collingwood. Bullshit!!

Whilst I don't expect to win all 4, I reckon we will go 2 from 4 at worst. We are getting key players back at the right time and our best is good enough to match it with the best.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next