Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:49 am 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
I think we'll respond well against West Coast. Voss will find the balance between giving them a bit of a bake & not hitting the panic button just yet.

The Saints game was our first shocker of the year IMO

I don't think it was a shocker. Just our conversion.
We had enough shots at goal to win against a finals aspirant. Especially when you add in the ones that didn't even score.

TDK will need to sort out his kicking if he wants to play as a ruck/forward. It's pointless taking marks 15m out directly in front and not converting most. His set shot kicking (with the odd exception) is terrible.

We've been fortunate to date but you need a lot of luck in your favour when your 4 tall forwards (Harry, TDK and to a lesser extent Charlie/Jack) struggle to successfully kick a basic drop punt at goal.

It's amazing that the player who was the worst kick at the club 3 years ago is now probably one of our better set shot (Owies).
And one of our best inside 50 kicks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

Paddycripps wrote:
For mine ...

IN Weiters + Owies

OUT Plowman + Honey

Toss us between Plowman and Kemp out tbh

I'd love to drop Cerra to make a statement but I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt (just) but that said if the coach thinks Cerra's head just isn't right then I would drop him. When I say head isn't right I refer to whether Cerra is showing strong belief and confidence that he will respond. Obviously his form on the track is important also.

I hope Curnow is practicing set shots from 30-40m out because he has not looked safe in these simple shots all year.

I hope Durdin is practicing all manner of kicking for goal esp snaps/shots in live play bec he has stunk it up lately. He needs to understand small forwards don't get the ball much and are there to make the most of chances. Owies is a better finisher I think so it'll be good to have him back in.

I would play Martin in the VFL for 2 to 3 weeks.

Agree. Except I'm a bit more supportive of Cerra at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

Weitering Owies Martin S.Durdin and maybe even Pittonet all available for selection this week

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Can we got with Big Durds and Little Durds?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:23 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Are McGovern and Sheed definites to miss?

Yeo will surely be out.

Kennedy will be back I assume.

Their injury list is nowhere near as bad as it was.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/07/04/ ... tun-blues/

Quote:
“The trend is in the right direction, they are playing a brand of football that can be sustainable in the back half of the year.

“They will beat Carlton.”

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:01 pm 
Geoff Southby

This is the make us or break us game . There is nowhere to hide . We have to attack this game like it is a GF . It is in fact our GF coz if we don't win there is no tomorrow .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:12 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/07/04/they-will-beat-carlton-pavlich-expects-eagles-to-stun-blues/

Quote:
“The trend is in the right direction, they are playing a brand of football that can be sustainable in the back half of the year.

Good!
The more experts who pick West Coast, the better!
I worry more when everyone is backing us...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

Kemp has done nothing wrong since coming back and should not be dropped.

I would drop LOB who has been far less effective and play Kemp on a wing if need be. He has played forward and back so why not mid. LOB as sub. Be a little daring, Vossy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
CK95 wrote:
I think we'll respond well against West Coast. Voss will find the balance between giving them a bit of a bake & not hitting the panic button just yet.

We had enough shots at goal to win against a finals aspirant. Especially when you add in the ones that didn't even score.

That's a fair point, if we have a bad night at the office & only go down by 15 points then things can't be that grim.

From where I sat I just thought we looked second to the ball on too many occasions, & also fumbly AF. But I haven't watched the replay (& don't intend to :grin: )

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:52 pm 
Craig Bradley

Paddycripps wrote:
Can we got with Big Durds and Little Durds?

Arnie and DeVito?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:56 pm 
Robert Walls

17th Premiership wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/07/04/they-will-beat-carlton-pavlich-expects-eagles-to-stun-blues/

Quote:

Good!
The more experts who pick West Coast, the better!
I worry more when everyone is backing us...

Agreed!

I want our team to go into this match as the virtual underdogs and under pressure to win. I have no faith when we go in as strong favourites, especially when the opposition team's backs are to the wall like St Kilda.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:59 pm 
Robert Walls

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Kemp has done nothing wrong since coming back and should not be dropped.

I would drop LOB who has been far less effective and play Kemp on a wing if need be. He has played forward and back so why not mid. LOB as sub. Be a little daring, Vossy.

Agreed. Kemp is a keeper. He has done nothing wrong, he just isn't suited to playing on the massive KPF's.

His agility and skills are great. Give him a run around and see what he can do. Another mobile marking target would be handy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
CK95 wrote:

That's a fair point, if we have a bad night at the office & only go down by 15 points then things can't be that grim.

From where I sat I just thought we looked second to the ball on too many occasions, & also fumbly AF. But I haven't watched the replay (& don't intend to :grin: )

Fair points CK. But with 15 inside 50 marks to 8, we should have won the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:18 pm 
Craig Bradley

We’ve left a good 100 points in the table against Norf, Adelaide and the fade outs between rounds 2 & 5. That’s the difference between 112% and a comfortable 120%.

We need to whop these clowns and take a good chunk of them back.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:

Quote:

Last week we were premiership contenders this week a team that has won 2 games is going to knock us off.
Football is a funny game

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:56 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Quote:

Last week we were premiership contenders this week a team that has won 2 games is going to knock us off.
Football is a funny game

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Great post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:

Quote:

Gee whizz….

i expected a bit more from an ex Carlton player….!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

billc3 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
billc3 wrote:
TDK will have his work cut out against NicNat.

Our mids/contested game needs to step up from Friday too

Go Blues

Actually I think he’ll match up well against NiC.
TDK will be able to use his leap as NiC prefers to do similar. Can’t see him trying to body at centre bounces.
Hope so.... It's the jump and crash that I think will limit TDK..
(don't get me started on the centre bounce body work done to counter his leap.... 9 times out of ten it's just an outright block)

Go Blues

A lot will depend on a decision that the umpires make before the game.... the one where they collectively decide to pay a ruck block free every 10th occasion or every second time. They could also decide just to pay that type of free only to Carltons opposition - similar to how our backline players get pinged fro lightly brushing the forwards jumper yet Charlie and Harry have arms clinging to them even before they lead but no free paid.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The ruckman can take his eyes off the ball or cross the line. The only requirement is he makes contact with the ball if he does. That's why Sean Darcy was able to take out Pittonet without infringing. It's also how Ryder and other rucks have been able to reduce TDK's effectiveness. Ryder continually took away his jump but he was crafty enough to still get the tap after doing so.
It's a bullshit rule IMHO.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next