Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:05 am 
Rod Ashman

Thanks Keogh!
I was waiting for a voice of reason :thumbsup:
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:21 am 
Ken Hunter

1) early in the first I think about BV's concern with Cerra on the wing and no defender brought in to replace Boyd and...and he was right. The Cerra move simply unsettled the wingers that had been working...and I think we were a small defender short all night!

2) @#$%&! me could we just kick straight!!!!!

3) @#$%&! me do we have to gift 4 goals a game with stupid decisions.

4) 15 minutes in I turned to my brother and said we are not playing like last week, more like last year

5) I @#$%&! hate St Kilda!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:21 am 
Geoff Southby

Too much Hollywood . In our case it turned out to be Hollow wood .Ban 'em from watching TV or reading newspapers . Next weeks game against WC is gonna make us or break us . And another thing , if ya reckon we can go with one ruckman you are crazy . The most important player on our list at the moment is Pittonet ......................but nah , we can regroup and come back from this . Just get back to the blue collar stuff instead of the bigheaded fancy dan stuff .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:34 am 
Harry Vallence

Disappointed but injuries to so many key players brings inconsistencies.

Kick straight and we win and I thought last night highlighted how valuable Pittonet & Weitering are and we still could have won. I thought we missed Boyd as well and Newnes struggled in defence

Even playing poorly and missing players out structure holds up. We’ve come a long way this year but have improvement to come

Positive for me was Motlop. Going to be a star

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:44 am 
Geoff Southby

FarmerBlue wrote:

Kick straight and we win and I thought last night highlighted how valuable Pittonet & Weitering are and we still could have won.

Even playing poorly and missing players out structure holds up. We’ve come a long way this year but have improvement to come

I"ll go further than that . I reckon Weitering and McGovern are as important to us as Steven May and Jake Lever are to the Dee's .

P S ....................round of applause for Keogh . Thats pretty good " Special K ".

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:05 am 
Garry Crane

dannyboy wrote:
1) early in the first I think about BV's concern with Cerra on the wing and no defender brought in to replace Boyd and...and he was right. The Cerra move simply unsettled the wingers that had been working...and I think we were a small defender short all night!

4) 15 minutes in I turned to my brother and said we are not playing like last week, more like last year

We had seriously the most annoying flog of a saint fan sitting near us last night and it just made the experience even more @#$%&! frustrating!
How the @#$%&! these flogs get into Carlton reserved seating areas frustrates me even more

Probably the best thing I heard was from a Carlton supporter who after one our many many points shouted
"Hey goal umpire, can you show us how many flags the saints have won...oh, only ONE! Thanks goal umpire"
Had never heard that one before so thanks to whoever shouted that out..

I thought we gifted them more than 4 goals by the way

I have :

- Plowman's shit dump kick to Membrey for their first. Kick it higher and longer for @#$%&! sake
- Young's shit centre for a turnover in the first - cant remember who he was trying to hit
- OBrien's fumble from a Newnes handball in the second. This one changed the momentum of the second qtr. We looked to be getting on top.
- Hewett's indiscriminate handball backwards into our defensive 50 straight to Butler who waltzed in for a goal.
- Cerra's turnover inside 50 for a Ryder goal also in the second
- OBrien's turnover which was very similar to Young's where he went to Kennedy instead of the safer Newman option late in the 3rd. Scores were level at this point
- Plowman's dropped chest mark and inability to recover and tackle very late in the 3rd

All very avoidable goals and when combined with the fumbles we had that either cost us other goals or opportunities to attack + the woeful set shot kicking and that flower saints fan it was just a shit night at the footy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:11 am 
Harry Vallence

Mickstar wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Kick straight and we win and I thought last night highlighted how valuable Pittonet & Weitering are and we still could have won.

I"ll go further than that . I reckon Weitering and McGovern are as important to us as Steven May and Jake Lever are to the Dee's .

P S ....................round of applause for Keogh . Thats pretty good " Special K ".

Weitering makes our defence so much better for so many reasons. McGovern as well. We are a 5-6 goal better side with them in.

I haven't been a bagger of Plowman before but he isn't a best 22 player. Kemp, McGovern and/or Marchbank are much much better options as third tall

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:11 am 
Geoff Southby

TheDenominator wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

We had seriously the most annoying flog of a saint fan sitting near us last night and it just made the experience even more @#$%&! frustrating!
How the @#$%&! these flogs get into Carlton reserved seating areas frustrates me even more

Probably the best thing I heard was from a Carlton supporter who after one our many many points shouted
"Hey goal umpire, can you show us how many flags the saints have won...oh, only ONE! Thanks goal umpire"

I have :

- Plowman's shit dump kick to Membrey for their first. Kick it higher and longer for @#$%&! sake
- Young's shit centre for a turnover in the first - cant remember who he was trying to hit
- OBrien's fumble from a Newnes handball in the second. This one changed the momentum of the second qtr. We looked to be getting on top.
- Hewett's indiscriminate handball backwards into our defensive 50 straight to Butler who waltzed in for a goal.
- OBrien's turnover which was very similar to Young's where he went to Kennedy instead of the safer Newman option late in the 3rd. Scores were level at this point
- Plowman's dropped chest mark and inability to recover and tackle very late in the 3rd

All very avoidable goals and when combined with the fumbles we had that either cost us other goals or opportunities to attack + the woeful set shot kicking and that flower saints fan it was just a shit night at the footy

Shit mate , you have nailed every cringeworthy moment of the game...............the beauty of the Saints solitary flag was it was against the Pies .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:22 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

TheDenominator wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

I have :

Don't disagree with any of that and not suggesting you are but our forwards deserve a whack too.
TDK missing what an under 10s player would kick. Aints take it up other end kick a goal. Then another. 18 points right there. Charlie 1.4 or something unacceptable. Honey missing very easy shots.
Corey having one he should've snagged. Instead gives it off to JSOS who misses. Both at fault there. JSOS selfishly calling for it when in a worse position. Corey should've ignored him and kicked it himself.
Hewett missing an easy one.
JSOS in the last. Running into goal 40 to 45 out. Nobody coming at him. Don't know what the flowering hell he was trying to do but it was utter garbage.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:26 am 
Ken Hunter

yep so much garbage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:27 am 
Harry Vallence

We played badly but could have easily won against a side that came to play

Kicked badly, missing many key players, many basic mistakes, a few passengers but structure held up. Frustrating but lots to like

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:28 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Yep. All very frustrating but all within our control.
Numerous goals gifted to the Saints with brain snap turnovers. Missing simple goals. Players wanting the glory themselves instead of promoting team success.
It's not like we were beaten for talent and the future is looking bleak, Re-set, go back to what works (including team structure thanks coaches) and attack the last 7 games with aggression and determination.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:36 am 
Ken Hunter

I am a bit calmer this morning, last night was the first game I've seen us lose live this year. How funny after years of being shit and barely seeing a win.
CK95 wrote:
We looked really short of a dangerous medium forward to me.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk
Yes. We need that annoying type that we always play poorly against.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:38 am 
Harry Vallence

TheDenominator wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

I have :

Pretty much sums it up. I would add Durdins miss into an open goal to that. He had handball options and could have also run in to make it a gimmy. Horrible miss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:38 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Even comp
We are win loss win loss etc
We are not a top top side
That's the reality

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:42 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Durdin has missed lots of chances of late. Kid needs to sharpen up his game.

Curnow is an unreliable kick from 30 to 40 on SFA angle. He needs to seriously work on his kicking.

Shit like this is just not good enough.

The Cerra turnover. FMD. Was the flower even looking. Lackadaisical, not switched on. Just shit.
If we are honest he has not had any better than a C+ year. Anyone who says he is an outside mid isn't watching the same games I'm watching. He is not quick and not elite by foot. His hands are good and he is good at winning the ball and good in link up. But he is limited. No superstar. Also doesn't kick goals.

I could go on.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:43 am 
Bruce Doull

Guts still churning…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:44 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

missnaut wrote:
Apparently, we conceded 45pts off forward turnovers. @#$%&!.

That is unforgivable.

I am about to watch the game again and observe this issue and more in a calm, collected manner.

Dead set, Charlie and Harry are embarrassing with their drop punts at goal.

Both should take out their stubborn heads out of their arse and understand that there's a method and a process all good forwards adopt when lining up goal. Its been the norm for over 100 years, not this ad hoc snapping being their one iron when dead in front.

Missing those 6 shots in front of goal was a disgrace. Cost us 4 points.

Fingers crossed these entitled boys fix that up. Entitled? Yes, they have obligations to their team to do their job and kick goals at every opportunity.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:48 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

rhino27 wrote:
Can someone explain to me why when has a mark/free kick and so much as leans sideways they're called to play on.
Yet when a player marks within goal kicking distance and tries to sneak off to the side a couple of metres to cut the angle, the ump says get back on your mark? Shouldn't that immediately be called play on too?

Good point.

But the umpires have been setting up the angle for years, correcting any misdemeanour.

I'm sure its an easy fix. Fix the umpires eyes.

I don't think its the No 1 issue but calling play on seems to be adhoc and nonsensical for all fans. Another problem the AFL have created and need to fix up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:48 am 
Bruce Doull

We missed a lot of easy shots, true, but during the game the Saints lost their backman playing on Harry. Then a ruckman. Then the head clash that saw another 2 of their players off.

With 7 min to go they were down to 1 on the bench. We should have really capitalised at that point but even then couldn't maintain possession!

Just garbage, but every team is putting in their shockers this year, even Melbourne.

Hopefully it's a massive reality check.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next