Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:09 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

BigGartos wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
My Bottom 6

1. Cerra
2. Honey
3. LOB
4. Kemp
5. Durdin
6. Newnes

I wasn't happy with the following performances either:
- Jack
- Curnow
No room for Plowman on that list?
He has been better this year but this game was back to his old disappointing self.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Very generous to JSOS too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:17 am 
Ken Hunter

Generous to JSOS, harsh on Kemp, the rest I agree with.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

sinbagger wrote:
jezzarules wrote:

https://twitter.com/UptheBaggers/status ... 9485063170

Looks right.
The players looked flat all game.
Goal accuracy was the problem and this is made worse when the players are clearly flat.
I think the win last week took a bit of a physical toll on the group.
No point picking on individual players, this was a FULL team loss.
Motlop was the only shining light on a very dim performance.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GreatEx wrote:

Without taking experience into consideration, all the metrics show Jack and Plow had more impact on the game than Kemp.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:51 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

Without taking experience into consideration, all the metrics show Jack and Plow had more impact on the game than Kemp.

Do the same metrics measure negative impacts?

I thought for two experienced players their mistakes were particularly costly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DesEnglish wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

The 3 of them made costly mistakes...and some of Kemp's were particularly costly.

I considered all positive and negative output PLUS the eye test....I was being nice towards Kemp with subtle comment.

Do you really think Jack played worse than Kemp? I don't. Ditto Plow.

That doesn't mean I thought Plow and Jack played well.

Hence I look forward to the return of Sam Durdin, and Gov to replace Kemp and Plow, and the return of Pitto to put an end to this exhaustive caper Jack is undertaking rucking that is above his weight and height Division

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Votes
Player (Club)
10 Jack Sinclair (STK)
6 Paddy Ryder (STK)
5 Tim Membrey (STK)
4 Jade Gresham (STK)
4 Adam Saad (CARL)
1 Patrick Cripps (CARL)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:35 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Effes wrote:
Votes
Player (Club)
10 Jack Sinclair (STK)
6 Paddy Ryder (STK)
5 Tim Membrey (STK)
4 Jade Gresham (STK)
4 Adam Saad (CARL)
1 Patrick Cripps (CARL)

Wow, I wonder how that would have looked if Hewitt and TDK had two straighter kicks and we won? It show’s how subjective the rating are.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

The 3 of them made costly mistakes...and some of Kemp's were particularly costly.

I considered all positive and negative output PLUS the eye test....I was being nice towards Kemp with subtle comment.

Hence I look forward to the return of Sam Durdin, and Gov to replace Kemp and Plow, and the return of Pitto to put an end to this exhaustive caper Jack is undertaking rucking that is above his weight and height Division

It depends if you consider Kemp’s mistakes to be getting caught behind Ryder on the lead. I thought Ryder was just about BOG and his nous showed.

I think Jack’s miss from the top of the square, where he called for the ball from a guy in better position, was just about the biggest clanger of the night.

Plowman for me is out of chances. He’s been a solid enough servant over the lean times but it’s absolutely time to move him on. I think Kemp has more upside and if played as a third tall with Weitering to give him direction will improve, I’ve seen enough of Plow to think he’s at his peak.

In saying that, everyone has their scapegoats and Plow happens to be mine, a bit like LoB seems to polarise opinions

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:11 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

DesEnglish wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

It depends if you consider Kemp’s mistakes to be getting caught behind Ryder on the lead. I thought Ryder was just about BOG and his nous showed.

I think Jack’s miss from the top of the square, where he called for the ball from a guy in better position, was just about the biggest clanger of the night.

Plowman for me is out of chances. He’s been a solid enough servant over the lean times but it’s absolutely time to move him on. I think Kemp has more upside and if played as a third tall with Weitering to give him direction will improve, I’ve seen enough of Plow to think he’s at his peak.

In saying that, everyone has their scapegoats and Plow happens to be mine, a bit like LoB seems to polarise opinions

I am just about with you on the Plowman / Kemp thing.

The biggest issue I have with Plowman is he too easily coughs the ball up when tacked or under pressure. I'd sooner he hang on to it but no he just finds a way to cough it up.

He has had a good year by his standards but went back to some bad habits last weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:28 pm 
John James

sorry if this has been covered already, but who was the saint who put the late bump on Saad where the replay showed his shoulder making contact with Saad’s head? (maybe in the 2nd qtr, there were a few late hits on him and Walsh?) and did the MRC review it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:31 pm 
Ken Hunter

Can't remember who the culprit was but he got a 1500 dollar fine I think. Ridiculous system, if Adam had been concussed he'd have got 3 weeks, it's all just dumb luck.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:32 pm 
John James

Effes wrote:
Votes
Player (Club)
10 Jack Sinclair (STK)
6 Paddy Ryder (STK)
5 Tim Membrey (STK)
4 Jade Gresham (STK)
4 Adam Saad (CARL)
1 Patrick Cripps (CARL)

10 Rattan (STK)
4. Voss (CARL)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:40 pm 
John James

GreatEx wrote:
Can't remember who the culprit was but he got a 1500 dollar fine I think. Ridiculous system, if Adam had been concussed he'd have got 3 weeks, it's all just dumb luck.

thanks. i know hipwood got a fine about that amount for pushing a cats player who fell into an umpire. hardly the same thing, isn’t the head sacrosanct now?

yeah it’s so hard to regulate inappropriate contact apparently they’ve just gone “we‘ll treat it like the legal system” it would seem. “the more damage done, the more we will ping you”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:57 pm 
formerly King Kenny

GreatEx wrote:

Heath?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:28 am 
Bert Deacon

GreatEx wrote:
Mason Wood, St Kilda, has accepted a $2000 sanction for Rough Conduct against Adam Saad, Carlton, during the third quarter of the Round 16 match between St Kilda and Carlton

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:36 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

snakehips wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
Mason Wood, St Kilda, has accepted a $2000 sanction for Rough Conduct against Adam Saad, Carlton, during the third quarter of the Round 16 match between St Kilda and Carlton

A Carlton player would have been offered 2 weeks for the same incident.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10