Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:46 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:13 pm 
Bob Chitty

dannyboy wrote:
for the first time, even with those finals years under Rats, I feel like we have a team, a team with an edge, a bluebagger team! It was a great win, a great crowd, a great day and I think this is just the beginning...

Amen brother! This is such a great feeling. All I can remember for far too long is hoping we would see some young talent emerge as the season was almost always cooked by this time. Now we are winning and seeing the taken emerge!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

AGRO wrote:

I thought his tape measure performance calling Cottrell for running 14 metres 99 centimetres was particularly bad :roll:

That was just garbage wasn't it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:40 pm 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:
AGRO wrote:

I thought his tape measure performance calling Cottrell for running 14 metres 99 centimetres was particularly bad :roll:

That was just garbage wasn't it

Was a good chance to get Freo back into the game. We might have scored otherwise

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

It was a really good game that the umpires tried their best to ruin.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
It was a really good game that the umpires tried their best to ruin.

and when we play power footy, like the 80's and 90's, the umpires can't stop us, even when they try.

This is our Blue print for success....win the ball, stay connected, shut out the opposition, kicks more goals than the opposition.

Simple isn't it....when we have the personnel to put it together

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
It was a really good game that the umpires tried their best to keep Fremantle in

Edited for accuracy.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:25 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mickstar wrote:
MPH78 wrote:
Well how about that. Super impressive win. Huge in the context of our season. Midfield back to its brutal best.

Very, very happy WA bagger. Rapt as it’s my sons 18th on Tues. Best early present ever. He was Born A Blue, has stuck fat and is as diehard and passionate as his old man. Hopefully some great times ahead :thumbsup:

Go Blues!

Great parenting 78 .

Cheers Mickstar and Bondi.

I’m super proud of him. Been very hard to endure our recent years especially over here. But he’s never wavered and bleeds blue. One thing I’ve got right at least.

I promised him that no matter what, when we next play finals I’d take him. Guess we’ll be booking a Sept Melbourne trip this year :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:59 pm 
John James

Paddycripps wrote:
Does anyone have Ross Lyon's phone number or email?

ross.lyon@bitterandtwistedoldmen.flog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

You can push umpires with no penalty if your name is Fyfe

You can run directly in to the opposition ruckman whilst looking directly at him and ignore the ball if your name is Darcy

You can hold, push, shove and do whatever it takes to stop a forward if the forwards name is Harry McKay or Charlie Curnow

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

grrofunger wrote:
You can push umpires with no penalty if your name is Fyfe

You can run directly in to the opposition ruckman whilst looking directly at him and ignore the ball if your name is Darcy

You can hold, push, shove and do whatever it takes to stop a forward if the forwards name is Harry McKay or Charlie Curnow

You can hold and tackle the guy before the contest as long as the guy’s name is Patrick Cripps

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Last two posts are completely 100% accurate.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:02 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AGRO wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
I can say this because we won…..

The umpires were terrible.

There. I said it.

Brett Rosebury #8 was Nathan “The Cheat” Williamsonesque today I thought.

Rosebury was atrocious. I'd be interested to see his stats for frees for/against yesterday.
Lots to like. I was concerned when players were more freely kicking on their non dominant side earlier in the season but they're obviously working hard on it. Examples by Docherty, Walsh and Hewitt were very good and one from Fish to Silvagni was a beauty. The best was Durdins left footy bullet to JSOS that steadied the ship in the 3rd quarter. Elite skills.

Hewitt isn't a great ball user but he's a heart and soul player. I thought he was fantastic yesterday. He reminds me of Ed. When we need someone to bust a gut and create an option, George will always make the effort.
His ability to reduce Brayshaws effectiveness whilst impacting himself has gone by unnoticed by the media and analysts.
A shame to see Boyd injured. His kicking out of defence is exceptional and will be missed if he has a syndesmosis injury

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
AGRO wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

There. I said it.

Rosebury was atrocious. I'd be interested to see his stats for frees for/against yesterday.
Lots to like. I was concerned when players were more freely kicking on their non dominant side earlier in the season but they're obviously working hard on it. Examples by Docherty, Walsh and Hewitt were very good and one from Fish to Silvagni was a beauty. The best was Durdins left footy bullet to JSOS that steadied the ship in the 3rd quarter. Elite skills.

Hewitt isn't a great ball user but he's a heart and soul player. I thought he was fantastic yesterday. He reminds me of Ed. When we need someone to bust a gut and create an option, George will always make the effort.
His ability to reduce Brayshaws effectiveness whilst impacting himself has gone by unnoticed by the media and analysts.
A shame to see Boyd injured. His kicking out of defence is exceptional and will be missed if he has a syndesmosis injury

Have you heard this anywhere? I didnt see him hobbling or limping, so have no idea.

Re skills: its fantastic to see use of both sides of the body. Hewett isnt a shabby kick. Most of his kicks hit their targets left or right foot. He did blow a left footer yesterday. Shit happens.

The boys are growing and shapening their swords before our eyes :smoking:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

Poof…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:01 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
AGRO wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

There. I said it.

I don't think it is too bad, though time will tell. He was walking the boundary high fiving the crowd post game with a slight limp. You don't do that if you have a serious ankle injury

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:22 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
AGRO wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

There. I said it.

Have you heard this anywhere? I didnt see him hobbling or limping, so have no idea.

No, but I get more concerned these days when players have ankle injuries. Syndesmosis seems to have sprung from nowhere and is the injury of the times. Much like OP was a decade ago.
Not hobbling after the game isn't really an indicator. Walsh played out a practice match and still required surgery.
Hopefully he recovers well and plays next week.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:50 am 
Laurie Kerr

Paddycripps wrote:
We've found some wings. 3 in fact.

Yep. LOB and cottrell are our first choice wingers. Both are fit as. Run up and down the wings really well. LOB is the best kick and our team and cottrells kicking is improving. Pretty reliable kick out goal too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:52 am 
Robert Walls

Blaming umpires for poor decisions is a futile and tiresome exercise

It's also a losers mentality, low hanging fruit for venting, even though most will say that we "oh, I didn't say we lost because of the umpires but their decisions impacted or whatever blah blah"

Umps make howlers but we rarely talk about howlers that we get away with

Play with effort, execution, grit and system and we win more often than we lose, regardless of the umps or the ARC or whatever

PS. The boundary umpire officiating at the 79 Grand Final says hello

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:17 am 
Garry Crane

99prelim wrote:
Play with effort, execution, grit and system and we win more often than we lose, regardless of the umps or the ARC or whatever

I actually have sympathy for interstate teams coming to Melbourne - same as any non-home team. Chances are the umps are going to be swayed by the crowd.

Re: 79 GF and Harmesy. It’s footy folklore fodder but maybe time to put it to bed.

If the ball was perpendicular to the line - and I suspect it was given the way his fist propelled it so far across the ground - then it need only 1mm of the leather to overlap the OUTSIDE of the 10cm chalked boundary line for it to be called … IN.

But such a definitive conclusion would take all the fun out of razzing the dentally challenged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:40 am 
Geoff Southby

99prelim wrote:
Blaming umpires for poor decisions is a futile and tiresome exercise

It's also a losers mentality, low hanging fruit for venting, even though most will say that we "oh, I didn't say we lost because of the umpires but their decisions impacted or whatever blah blah"

Umps make howlers but we rarely talk about howlers that we get away with

It aint fair , but that's the way it is ...............Good stuff 99 . I'm with you .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next