Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:10 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

rhino27 wrote:
I'm feeling nervous about this one. I know others have felt nervous about some other games this year where I wasn't worried in the slightest, but I'm nervous about this one much like I was for the filth game.
Hope the boys show up.

The filth game I think we were sort of due a complacency game. We'd been up for quite some time.

I don't see this game as a complacency risk, more just the simple fact St Kilda will almost surely come out with all guns blazing and will go in super hard and apply super pressure and it will be about whether we can handle that and I am not sure we can. We will need to absorb the pressure that comes our way early.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:13 am 
Wayne Johnston

Paddycripps wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
I think it's a concern for Stocker that he didn't come in for Boyd.
Obviously there's something about his game or attitude that hasn't won him a spot.

I like Stocker. He has some nice traits and could be a LT player for us. But I can't recall seeing many great games by him yet and think he is still very much a young player finding his way and has a lot of improvement in him. Personally I think he's been grossly over hyped by fans given his output.

He played a very strong game in the vfl last week, strong pack marking, excellent positioning and always taking the game on with his passing out of defence.

Having said that I can understand why the match Commitee would prioritise having Cerra back instead of him. The game is won in the midfield.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:29 am 
Robert Walls

SurreyBlue wrote:
Huge game but as others have mentioned - StKilda will be playing their GF. We need to play as per last week. No passengers but I'm not entirely comfortable with our 22. Our bottom 5 or 6 right now are a concern.

Why are they a concern? They were fantastic last week! :confused:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:33 am 
Ken Hunter

Nah I'm feeling edgy too.

This is an absolute must win for them to keep their season alive and they've lost 3 in a row so the heat is on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:44 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I’m thinking it’s about time one of our players did the reverse Brad Moran and we really put St Kilda to the sword.

:thumbsup:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:47 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Thinking about this more, I think this is one of those games where IF we can get on top straight away at clearances and convert, we could actually snuff out their will early.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:49 am 
Robert Walls

Paddycripps wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Obviously there's something about his game or attitude that hasn't won him a spot.

I like Stocker. He has some nice traits and could be a LT player for us. But I can't recall seeing many great games by him yet and think he is still very much a young player finding his way and has a lot of improvement in him. Personally I think he's been grossly over hyped by fans given his output.

Disagree. When he was in form last year his disposal was fantastic and he always did the 1%ers like shepherds, blocks and out positioning his opponent with bodywork that doesn't get registered on the stats sheet. He is definitely best in the best 22 if he can do what's expected of him in his role.

It is unfortunate that he has been struck down with injury twice this year as I feel he would have taken the next step and could be pushing for a midfield spot or least part of the rotations. Given his VFL form, he may yet come good at the back end of the season, however it looks like 2023 will be his breakout year at this stage.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:57 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Generally, I don't remember dreams, and I can't remember a footy dream since I was in my teens.

Last 2 nights Ive dreamt on Wed night that the Saints were in front till 3/4 time and the Dogs had won, then woke up, and last night, it felt I didn't sleep at all with the Saints ahead of us all night in the never ending dream ... I didn't get to the final siren. WTF is this all about?

I'm loving my Blue boys but can't help feeing on edge about this game ... 9 more hours before the bounce and raining outside. I've got to go out and take my mind off footy.

3 games ahead of 9th if we win this, and on equal points as 3rd and 4th on ladder.

Come on Baggers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I think Boyd is the new benchmark.

Tough like Stocker, a good mark, like Stocker, but Boyd breaks lines and Stocker doesn't....maybe has something to do with Stocker's ammission.

Maybe the MC wants to see him do that in the VFL like Boydy had prior to promotion.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:07 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Generally, I don't remember dreams, and I can't remember a footy dream since I was in my teens.

Last 2 nights Ive dreamt on Wed night that the Saints were in front till 3/4 time and the Dogs had won, then woke up, and last night, it felt I didn't sleep at all with the Saints ahead of us all night in the never ending dream ... I didn't get to the final siren. WTF is this all about?

I'm loving my Blue boys but can't help feeing on edge about this game ... 9 more hours before the bounce and raining outside. I've got to go out and take my mind off footy.

3 games ahead of 9th if we win this, and on equal points as 3rd and 4th on ladder.

Come on Baggers

Equal points as second even

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:09 am 
Bruce Doull

Hey HEYYY….

what a beautiful day for FOOT-BAAAALL…!

LETS get ready to ply…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:22 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Ply our trade?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:27 am 
Stephen Kernahan

We win this easily. 6+ goals.

You heard it here first!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:28 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mil Hanna wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Disagree. When he was in form last year his disposal was fantastic and he always did the 1%ers like shepherds, blocks and out positioning his opponent with bodywork that doesn't get registered on the stats sheet. He is definitely best in the best 22 if he can do what's expected of him in his role.

It is unfortunate that he has been struck down with injury twice this year as I feel he would have taken the next step and could be pushing for a midfield spot or least part of the rotations. Given his VFL form, he may yet come good at the back end of the season, however it looks like 2023 will be his breakout year at this stage.

Oh purlease ! Fans have been saying Stocker should be in the midfield since the lad exited his mother's womb and he hasn't seen jack shit time in there. This is the over hyping I am talking about.

Don't get me wrong, I like Stocker, and think he is a LT prospect, but reality is he didn't get picked even though not injured and even though Boyd got injured.

Everyone gets injuries.

Reality is he is not in the 22 now and midfield time is a million years away.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:30 am 
Bruce Doull

Paddycripps wrote:
Ply our trade?

That’s the spiwit…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:32 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluehammer wrote:
We win this easily. 6+ goals.

You heard it here first!

Small part of me wonders if this could be the game we absolutely towel an opposition.

Is there an issue at St Kilda right now? The incident at the pub? The issue over the coach's contract being extended?
Maybe I am clutching at straws but reality is they have lost 3 on the trot and were terrible last week.

Hopefully they are not cherry ripe mentally (nor game plan wise, I mean how was their refusal to kick to teammates free on the opposite wing last week, bizarre!) and we sense that early and really put our foot on their throat.

Are we ready to go for the kill? Is that the next step for the team?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:32 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

tommi wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Ply our trade?

That’s the spiwit…!

kindest regards tommi

:donk:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:33 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Reckon the pro Carlton crowd and the Carlton ROAR might play a factor tonight. The players will get off on this. Like having an extra man on the ground?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:46 am 
Robert Walls

Paddycripps wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Oh purlease ! Fans have been saying Stocker should be in the midfield since the lad exited his mother's womb and he hasn't seen jack shit time in there. This is the over hyping I am talking about.

Don't get me wrong, I like Stocker, and think he is a LT prospect, but reality is he didn't get picked even though not injured and even though Boyd got injured.

Everyone gets injuries.

Reality is he is not in the 22 now and midfield time is a million years away.

And I am over-hyping??! Get a grip mate!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No one knows what Stocker could have done with another preseason under his belt if he hadn't been injured this year. It is an opinion based on his trajectory over the past couple of seasons.

I am happy to eat my words if he doesn't claw his way back into the team this year and then step it up another level in 2023, but it doesn't sound like you would be as willing.

Let's just wait and see shall we?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:48 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Fast start. Will get the crowd going.

I've always hated etihad/Marvel but I'm growing to love it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next