Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:46 pm 
Rod Ashman

GMCbris wrote:
Been trying to move some magnets around to see how we can get a solid team on the park.

Kennedy has been beaten up recently due to some ordinary hospital passes, but clearly his midfield time has been down, wondering if he can rest as the 3rd tall, for a game or two, which releases JSOS to play in defence - we need support down there and he has a fierce competitiveness, so feel he wont be lost down there + DNA.

Means we need to replace Kennedy in the middle which brings in Setters who has been good in the 2s for a couple of weeks.

Gives us a competitive beast in defence, gives Kennedy a rest of sorts (he is a good mark and kick so not lost forward) and replaces like for like for Setters coming in.

I like SOS back at the moment. He is super competitive and also reads the play very well. I think he would be great as an intercepting defender playing the McGovern role but could also man up against a KPD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:38 am 
Harry Vallence

17th Premiership wrote:
GMCbris wrote:
Been trying to move some magnets around to see how we can get a solid team on the park.

Kennedy has been beaten up recently due to some ordinary hospital passes, but clearly his midfield time has been down, wondering if he can rest as the 3rd tall, for a game or two, which releases JSOS to play in defence - we need support down there and he has a fierce competitiveness, so feel he wont be lost down there + DNA.

Means we need to replace Kennedy in the middle which brings in Setters who has been good in the 2s for a couple of weeks.

Gives us a competitive beast in defence, gives Kennedy a rest of sorts (he is a good mark and kick so not lost forward) and replaces like for like for Setters coming in.

I like SOS back at the moment. He is super competitive and also reads the play very well. I think he would be great as an intercepting defender playing the McGovern role but could also man up against a KPD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Jack would make a great defender but he is also a very good forward and 2nd ruck. For that to happen we need another ruck. Either Mirkov for a week or so or wait until Pittonet is back. I like the idea of TDK as forward/2nd ruck. I think it's his best role

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:57 am 
Rod Ashman

TBH I reckon Voss will stick with the current structure and ‘next man up’ approach without taking from Peter to pay Paul.
We’ll replace injured players with those most able to play the role and keep as much as possible the same.
Therefore, Kemp will come in for Durdin and someone like Honey for Martin if he’s out.
Not sure anyone will be ‘omitted’ this week but that is also possible.
We effectively matched Richmond (or better) after they jumped us so I think Voss will keep faith with our game plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:13 am 
Rod Ashman

I agree. Like for like replacement has been the mantra so far this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:15 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

17th Premiership wrote:
TBH I reckon Voss will stick with the current structure and ‘next man up’ approach without taking from Peter to pay Paul.
We’ll replace injured players with those most able to play the role and keep as much as possible the same.
Therefore, Kemp will come in for Durdin and someone like Honey for Martin if he’s out.
We effectively matched Richmond (or better) after they jumped us so I think Voss will keep faith with our game plan.

Totally agree. Can't see him moving a bloke who is in career best form playing forward and pinch hitting in ruck and stuffing up those structures to plug a hole Kemp can fill down back.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:28 am 
Bruce Doull

Yep I agree too. Defence would be my least preferred position for JSOS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:44 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
carntheblues wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:
GMCbris wrote:

Like. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure of the thinking behind putting JSOS back apart from he is tall. Has he ever played there. Are we losing more than we are gaining by doing that?

It is in his genes

I do recall seeing him down there for a little period a few years back and from memory he did well

You are correct. Jack has played in the backline.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:47 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:

I think this is what will happen too 17th :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:56 am 
Harry Vallence

17th Premiership wrote:

Agree

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:57 am 
Harry Vallence

Last time we played Freo we lost Pitto early, Harry also injured his knee early but played the game out and had zero effect and Kennedy was also missing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

So much logic points to Freo winning, but my heart says Carlton. Maybe because it's at Marvel...I think that's a big factor actually.

Blues by 108 points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

deano35 wrote:
Last time we played Freo we lost Pitto early, Harry also injured his knee early but played the game out and had zero effect and Kennedy was also missing.

JSOS was out too IIRC

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ok….

I’m thinking we might see TDK play across
the back a little more…as a loose intercept…!

but hey…I’m wearing an Oodie with my arms
out of the sleeves…it’s a bit like a straight
jacket…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I've been to 6 games this year and they've all been wins. So I'm expecting the trend to continue.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:20 pm 
Robert Walls

killpies wrote:
deano35 wrote:

JSOS was out too IIRC

Correct.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tommi wrote:
Ok….

jacket…!

kindest regards tommi
And you're typing with WHAT exactly?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

tommi wrote:
it’s a bit like a straight
jacket…!

kindest regards tommi

But your gay jackets are nice too.....!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

bluehammer wrote:
tommi wrote:
Ok….

jacket…!

kindest regards tommi
And you're typing with WHAT exactly?

Geez Bee….

if you want me to say penis just ask me…I’ll
say it…no need to be cryptic…!

penis…there i said it…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
tommi wrote:
it’s a bit like a straight
jacket…!

kindest regards tommi

But your gay jackets are nice too.....!

Penis….!

kindest regards tommi

see Bee…no need to be cryptic…!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:21 pm 
Robert Walls

The word going around is that Taberner will miss this week for Freo.

That is great news for our backline and makes things just that bit more winnable. It also helps that Sam Switkowski and Blake Acres are missing from their team. One of their young KPFs, Josh Treacy, injured himself in the WAFL last weekend and won't be available either.

So looking at their forward line, the only "talls" that we have to worry about are Lobb, Fyfe and Banfield. The others are mostly midgets in Walters, Shultz and Colyer. So you would think it will be:

Young to take Lobb
Kemp to take Fyfe
Plowman to take Banfield

I think they are ripe for the picking. A win this week would really set us up for a great run home with key players returning from injury.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next