Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

Acres is out with a hammy. Having a very good season so that helps.

Switkowski out too I think. It was him or Schulz who killed us over in Perth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:39 pm 
Robert Walls

CK95 wrote:

Yep Switkowski out as well - stress fractures in his back. Schultz is very good - he's playing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

rhino27 wrote:
No idea where they are in terms of injury but Taberner is 199cm. Lobb over 200cm.
They may then try to stretch us further by playing either Jye Amiss or Josh Treacy both 195cm+.

Fyfe and Logue will probably spend some time up forward.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ya know…

i reckon there’ll be a few neutrals there…it’s got
that feel about it…!

kindest regards tommi

Maybe not a full house…but a picture 3
of a kind crowd for mine…!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wonder if club will pull a surprise and play Mirkov and send TDK back.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

Been trying to move some magnets around to see how we can get a solid team on the park.

Kennedy has been beaten up recently due to some ordinary hospital passes, but clearly his midfield time has been down, wondering if he can rest as the 3rd tall, for a game or two, which releases JSOS to play in defence - we need support down there and he has a fierce competitiveness, so feel he wont be lost down there + DNA.

Means we need to replace Kennedy in the middle which brings in Setters who has been good in the 2s for a couple of weeks.

Gives us a competitive beast in defence, gives Kennedy a rest of sorts (he is a good mark and kick so not lost forward) and replaces like for like for Setters coming in.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:48 pm 
Robert Walls

GMCbris wrote:
Been trying to move some magnets around to see how we can get a solid team on the park.

Kennedy has been beaten up recently due to some ordinary hospital passes, but clearly his midfield time has been down, wondering if he can rest as the 3rd tall, for a game or two, which releases JSOS to play in defence - we need support down there and he has a fierce competitiveness, so feel he wont be lost down there + DNA.

Means we need to replace Kennedy in the middle which brings in Setters who has been good in the 2s for a couple of weeks.

Gives us a competitive beast in defence, gives Kennedy a rest of sorts (he is a good mark and kick so not lost forward) and replaces like for like for Setters coming in.

Like. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:

It was both of them: Shiltz 3 Switkowski 2....Lobb 3.

Switta has been great this year, but flies under the radar....only really noticed him against us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GMCbris wrote:

I like your thinking too GM.

Obviously TDK will need a chop out for 5-10 mins per qtr, and SOS is da man for that role ... still doubt Mirkov will be selected this year unless TDK gets injured

I would risk playing Setters inside mid because that's where he's played his best footy, when he was playing well. I'm not as impressed as many others with Setters last 2 games other than he's getting the ball 30 plus times TBH. That is much better than the flipside. I don't like his disposal, because there's a lack of connection or thought going into the kick (Robbo like) ... and he doesn't have pace to run into space when playing an inside role. Anyway that's the way I see it. I'm glad he has fans.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Paddycripps wrote:
Yeah nah. They won't.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:12 pm 
Rod Ashman

bluebo baggers wrote:
GMCbris wrote:

I'm not sure of the thinking behind putting JSOS back apart from he is tall. Has he ever played there. Are we losing more than we are gaining by doing that?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:12 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluehammer wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Yeah nah. They won't.

Would be a surprise for those two!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GMCbris wrote:

You ought to be on the MC.
Fair dinkum.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

carntheblues wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:
GMCbris wrote:

I'm not sure of the thinking behind putting JSOS back apart from he is tall. Has he ever played there. Are we losing more than we are gaining by doing that?

It is in his genes

I do recall seeing him down there for a little period a few years back and from memory he did well

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
CK95 wrote:

It was both of them: Shiltz 3 Switkowski 2....Lobb 3.

Switta has been great this year, but flies under the radar....only really noticed him against us.

He is a fine player. Has great pace esp at evading defenders which sets up scoring opportunities

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:32 pm 
Rod Ashman

Paddycripps wrote:
carntheblues wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:
GMCbris wrote:

It is in his genes

I do recall seeing him down there for a little period a few years back and from memory he did well

Can TDK take the centre bounces and then drop back and JSOS take the ruck work around the ground apart from inside our forward 50 where Harry takes the ruck. Then we are not giving up a mid/forward for purely the centre bounces.
If Martin is fit I would like both Martin and Honey in the side.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:42 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Granted we are nearly there but we aren't quite there yet. I wouldn't move JSOS until we are out of options. He is having a career best season playing forward and pinch hitting in the ruck. Our forward line is functioning as well as it has for ages largely due to JSOS. I'd keep him there for this week.
Back our mids to get more of it and back Young, Kemp and Plow to get the job done.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:51 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I reckon Honey could very well come in.
Hasn't been back long but was very good in the VFL last week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

Paddycripps wrote:
I reckon Honey could very well come in.
Hasn't been back long but was very good in the VFL last week.

I watched the reserves. I thought Honey Setterfield Stocker Hayes Kemp were very good and will push for spots this week. Dow was good

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:41 pm 
Bob Chitty

Paddycripps wrote:

Lol that's what's i said , thanks for agreeing

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next