Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:57 pm 
Geoff Southby

I’m a fan of Kennedy, but 60% TOG suggests he’s carrying an injury. I’m wondering if it would be better to rest him for a week so he can get over his niggles and give Setterfield/Dow/Carroll an opportunity? I guess the counter-argument is that 60% of Kennedy is better than 80% of the alternatives.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Carlton vs Footscray last night

https://www.afl.com.au/video/781540/vfl-showreel-r13-josh-bruce-highlights?videoId=781540&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1655468712001

Make your own judgement.

I've posted my view on the reserves game, after reading the BF & TC reports/opinions on the form of our listed players, then watching the game.

I only saw one player who looks like an AFL player and that's Honey.

Setterfield and Hayes ran the wings well, and provided good assistance in defence, but imo, whilst they starred in a VFL game for some, and that's all. Nothing I saw said AFL player from either of those 2, and they are depth players, and that's because they're on our list. I'd love to see their Disposal efficiency from those cheap kicks and handballs. IMO Hayes played much better before he got injured 3 weeks ago imo. Slow, in mind and in terms of pace for both of them. I had a few VFL players ahead of them.

Carroll is slow of mind and can see why he gets nailed at AFL level. Dow is a depth player.

They're all old fashioned footballers getting a touch without much though of the consequences of their thoughtless disposal.

But we are desperate for KPD and after Akuie was concussed, Kemp is the last man standing. He is lacking confidence at the moment, but he is a must. Bruce didn't kick 3 goals against him...yeah one was a dubious free, the others were the fault of others, but Kemp drops marks, but he's desperate to make amends, and that's all we can ask for.

Gosh I hope Kennedy is alright, but I'd prefer 60% of Kennedy that 100% of Setterfield, Dow, Fogarty and Carroll. They may come good...I have big doubts Fogarty will, and Setterfield use to be a good player, but that was a long long time ago. I actually preferred Tyreece Leiu's game over Kemp, and they are both known for their ability in defence and as a big bodied mid, but he's not on our list.

Honey & Kemp for Durdin & Martin.

If Martin is OK, I would find a way to get Honey in there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

diesel95 wrote:
i like what Jack Martin does a lot. but i don’t see him doing that much of it on the replays. i know you can’t really tell without being at the game what role someone is playing for the team, but does he do enough? i know forwards dépend of the ball being delivered to them and he’s not the go to marking receiver. i might be out of line.

is there anybody in the 2s who’d be worth considering as a HF to give Jack a chance to freshen up with a run against lesser opponents? Probably not. not much depth for players who can play tall up front or down back really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been thinking about this post since I read it yesterday

I've only watched Carlton seniors live 3 times this year.
Everytime I watched Martin closely I was amazed at how much running he does.
Its all effective: he plugs holes, takes his man out of the corridor, supports in the backline

On TV, you see none of that, and I end up asking for more from Martin.

MC know, and that's all that counts.

To answer your question HONEY.

Honey should be selected to replace Martin or someone else. This kid is an AFL footballer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:25 am 
Stephen Silvagni

aboynamedsue wrote:
I’m a fan of Kennedy, but 60% TOG suggests he’s carrying an injury. I’m wondering if it would be better to rest him for a week so he can get over his niggles and give Setterfield/Dow/Carroll an opportunity? I guess the counter-argument is that 60% of Kennedy is better than 80% of the alternatives.
His reduced time was in part due to a long period in the first quarter when he couldn't get on

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:03 am 
Craig Bradley

kingkerna wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
His reduced time was in part due to a long period in the first quarter when he couldn't get on

He was averaging just 71% going into the game, with only one game above 75%. Even when we lost Cripps against Gold Coast, he was managed through 70%.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

Setterfield has to come in. I feel he has improved a lot and changed his game over last few weeks
Hope Cerra is ready to go
Hayes is very tempting. He and Setterfield can go outside and inside. Is Kennedy fit?
We need another Ruck and I'd play Mirkov, Maybe even allowing TDK to play loose back and help shorter defenders? or Jack go back?
Kemp to replace S.Durdin
Honey for Martin is tempting

I feel Voss will make a few changes this week to make a statement. A loss, a few structural issues and players in form in 2's

B: Boyd Young Plowman
HB: Docherty Kemp Saad
C: Setterfield Cripps Hayes
HF: Durdin McKay Fisher
F: TDK Charlie Honey
Foll: Mirkov Hewett Walsh
Int: Cerra Owies Kennedy Jack Cottrell

Newnes O'Brien unlucky but we need more consistency over 4 quarters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:26 pm 
Ken Hands

I'd bring Mirkov in. Give Silvagni a break from ruck and maybe throw him downback. I know Mirkov isn't ready but we're desperately sorting of KPD.

Play Kemp as well. Silvagni/Kemp are interchangeable.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:29 pm 
Ken Hands

FarmerBlue wrote:
Setterfield has to come in. I feel he has improved a lot and changed his game over last few weeks
Hope Cerra is ready to go
Hayes is very tempting. He and Setterfield can go outside and inside. Is Kennedy fit?
We need another Ruck and I'd play Mirkov, Maybe even allowing TDK to play loose back and help shorter defenders? or Jack go back?
Kemp to replace S.Durdin
Honey for Martin is tempting

I feel Voss will make a few changes this week to make a statement. A loss, a few structural issues and players in form in 2's

B: Boyd Young Plowman
HB: Docherty Kemp Saad
C: Setterfield Cripps Hayes
HF: Durdin McKay Fisher
F: TDK Charlie Honey
Foll: Mirkov Hewett Walsh
Int: Cerra Owies Kennedy Jack Cottrell

Newnes O'Brien unlucky but we need more consistency over 4 quarters

Agree except I'd stick Kemp in as well. Maybe Carroll out

Last edited by Blues21 on Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ya know….

i would LOVE to be proven wrong…because
that would mean Mirkov comes in and kills it…!

but in all honesty…i just don’t think he’s ready
yet…i wish he was…but hey…!

having said that…when he decides to punch
the ball in a spike fashion…DANG he hits it hard…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

4 from 4 under the roof

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
4 from 4 under the roof

Obviously suits us playing in dry conditions, and under the roof, with our hometown support.
The 24th man will work for us.

With Pitto, Weitering, Gov / Marchbank in, we are a really good marking team. But they are missing

Our talls are in the forward line. There's our strength.
Find a way to get it deep to Harry & Charlie with smalls at their feet.
WE seem to have the smalls missing at the fall of the ball too much for my liking the last 3 weeks.

They are a quick team, in terms of leg speed and ball movement.
WE have to protect our defence from Taberner 197 & Lobb 203. Young 202 can cover Lobb.

I'd like us to keep the ball in our possession, keepings off.

Like most games on a good surface, we can win this one.
Home ground advantage.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:07 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

tommi wrote:
Ya know….

i would LOVE to be proven wrong…because
that would mean Mirkov comes in and kills it…!

but in all honesty…i just don’t think he’s ready
yet…i wish he was…but hey…!

having said that…when he decides to punch
the ball in a spike fashion…DANG he hits it hard…!

kindest regards tommi
You won't be proven wrong because he's lucky to be playing in the magoos.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:48 pm 
John James

bondiblue wrote:

https://www.afl.com.au/video/781540/vfl-showreel-r13-josh-bruce-highlights?videoId=781540&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1655468712001

Make your own judgement.

I've posted my view on the reserves game, after reading the BF & TC reports/opinions on the form of our listed players, then watching the game.

Setterfield and Hayes ran the wings well, and provided good assistance in defence, but imo, whilst they starred in a VFL game for some, and that's all. Nothing I saw said AFL player from either of those 2, and they are depth players, and that's because they're on our list. I'd love to see their Disposal efficiency from those cheap kicks and handballs. IMO Hayes played much better before he got injured 3 weeks ago imo. Slow, in mind and in terms of pace for both of them. I had a few VFL players ahead of them.

Carroll is slow of mind and can see why he gets nailed at AFL level. Dow is a depth player.

They're all old fashioned footballers getting a touch without much though of the consequences of their thoughtless disposal.

But we are desperate for KPD and after Akuie was concussed, Kemp is the last man standing. He is lacking confidence at the moment, but he is a must. Bruce didn't kick 3 goals against him...yeah one was a dubious free, the others were the fault of others, but Kemp drops marks, but he's desperate to make amends, and that's all we can ask for.

Gosh I hope Kennedy is alright, but I'd prefer 60% of Kennedy that 100% of Setterfield, Dow, Fogarty and Carroll. They may come good...I have big doubts Fogarty will, and Setterfield use to be a good player, but that was a long long time ago. I actually preferred Tyreece Leiu's game over Kemp, and they are both known for their ability in defence and as a big bodied mid, but he's not on our list.

Honey for Martin who gives little.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:04 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Is it silly to consider chucking Ben Crocker into the forward line and moving silvagni down back?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Bluetears wrote:
Is it silly to consider chucking Ben Crocker into the forward line and moving silvagni down back?
Yes because Crocker isn't on our list.
So very silly :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:14 am 
Rod Ashman

This will be a real test of our coaching group as a return game against a team who outplayed us last time.
How do we respond?
This may be inhibited by the limitations of our list but we should still have enough weapons to do damage.
Note, after giving the Tigers a 6 goal head start, we held our own pretty well.
So, let’s see how the coaches and players respond to last week and to the last time we played the Dockers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:
This will be a real test of our coaching group as a return game against a team who outplayed us last time.
How do we respond?
This may be inhibited by the limitations of our list but we should still have enough weapons to do damage.
Note, after giving the Tigers a 6 goal head start, we held our own pretty well.
So, let’s see how the coaches and players respond to last week and to the last time we played the Dockers.

Whilst we can field 18 players on the field, we have a fighting chance to win any game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:30 am 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:

Make your own judgement.

Philp is closer than Honey, imo.

They’d both get torched on the rebound if they were to step into that half forward role this week.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:42 am 
Harry Vallence

Bluetears wrote:

I think playing Crocker is illegal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:06 pm 
Rod Ashman

I'm so traumatised - I keep checking the media to find out which of our players has discovered an injury overnight and out for the next month!
I know. I'm broken.
PS. I'll keep doing this until game time....

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next