Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:27 pm 
formerly Fevola

yes teberner didnt train. but watch out for Lobb, he had his best game this year against us.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:33 pm 
Robert Walls

Drewgirl wrote:
yes teberner didnt train. but watch out for Lobb, he had his best game this year against us.

Agreed, but Young has improved a hell of a long way since April and not having to also cover Taberner helps us immensely.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mil Hanna wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

Agreed, but Young has improved a hell of a long way since April and not having to also cover Taberner helps us immensely.

True , and the Young that play's for them is also a bloody good player .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:59 pm 
Robert Walls

Mil Hanna wrote:
The word going around is that Taberner will miss this week for Freo.

That is great news for our backline and makes things just that bit more winnable. It also helps that Sam Switkowski and Blake Acres are missing from their team. One of their young KPFs, Josh Treacy, injured himself in the WAFL last weekend and won't be available either.

So looking at their forward line, the only "talls" that we have to worry about are Lobb, Fyfe and Banfield. The others are mostly midgets in Walters, Shultz and Colyer. So you would think it will be:

Young to take Lobb
Kemp to take Fyfe
Plowman to take Banfield

I think they are ripe for the picking. A win this week would really set us up for a great run home with key players returning from injury.

All but confirmed: https://www.afl.com.au/news/784450/docker-spearhead-s-return-doubtful-no-comment-on-jackson-talks

According to the article, Griffin Logue played in their forward line in the last game, however he didn't kick a goal. In any case, he is no monster tall that we need to be concerned about given our lack of KPDs available.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

That's a great result for us if Taberner is out. I like Young on Lobb, good match up. Acres and Swit have both been good for them this year too.

Again, it's gonna come down to winning in the midfield.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

I wouldn’t put Kemp on Fyfe. Need someone more experienced for that role. Maybe Newman. Or even Saad to run off him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:15 pm 
Robert Walls

17th Premiership wrote:
I wouldn’t put Kemp on Fyfe. Need someone more experienced for that role. Maybe Newman. Or even Saad to run off him.

Plowman? He seems to be our Mr. Fixit for talls or smalls.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tommi wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
tommi wrote:
Ok….

I’m thinking we might see TDK play across
the back a little more…as a loose intercept…!

but hey…I’m wearing an Oodie with my arms
out of the sleeves…it’s a bit like a straight
jacket…!

kindest regards tommi
And you're typing with WHAT exactly?

Geez Bee….

if you want me to say penis just ask me…I’ll
say it…no need to be cryptic…!

penis…there i said it…!

kindest regards tommi
Filth tommi. Utter filth.

It's pronounced COCK!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:18 pm 
Geoff Southby

bluehammer wrote:
tommi wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
tommi wrote:
Ok….

jacket…!

kindest regards tommi
And you're typing with WHAT exactly?

Geez Bee….

if you want me to say penis just ask me…I’ll
say it…no need to be cryptic…!

penis…there i said it…!

kindest regards tommi
Filth tommi. Utter filth.

It's pronounced COCK!

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mil Hanna wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:

That is great news for our backline and makes things just that bit more winnable. It also helps that Sam Switkowski and Blake Acres are missing from their team. One of their young KPFs, Josh Treacy, injured himself in the WAFL last weekend and won't be available either.

So looking at their forward line, the only "talls" that we have to worry about are Lobb, Fyfe and Banfield. The others are mostly midgets in Walters, Shultz and Colyer. So you would think it will be:

Young to take Lobb
Kemp to take Fyfe
Plowman to take Banfield

I think they are ripe for the picking. A win this week would really set us up for a great run home with key players returning from injury.

All but confirmed: https://www.afl.com.au/news/784450/docker-spearhead-s-return-doubtful-no-comment-on-jackson-talks

According to the article, Griffin Logue played in their forward line in the last game, however he didn't kick a goal. In any case, he is no monster tall that we need to be concerned about given our lack of KPDs available.

Logue tagged Jai in the last game against Hawks.His primary task was to shut down the Hawks most attacking weapon at HB.

Jai is much taller than Doc and Saad. I doubt Logue would tag either of hose top HBs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mil Hanna wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

Last man standing.
Played 3 good games in a row in a team defence set up. Last week so and so with an avalanche of 76 I50 because mids got beaten on the outside, which didn't help Plow much

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:08 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:

Young to take Lobb
Kemp to take Fyfe
Plowman to take Banfield

Logue tagged Jai in the last game against Hawks.His primary task was to shut down the Hawks most attacking weapon at HB.

Jai is much taller than Doc and Saad. I doubt Logue would tag either of hose top HBs.

Jiath is actually only 185cm tall (the same as Docherty), he probably seems taller due to his leap?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

FarmerBlue wrote:
. I like the idea of TDK as forward/2nd ruck. I think it's his best role

I think TDK might be better as a defender and second ruck; his defensive marking has been big for us at times, he scores very few goals and that 30m set shot against the Tigers was that of a man who didn't want to be in the role. Possibly being a bit harsh to make a point, but I think he could perform better as a kdf-ruck.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mil Hanna wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

We’ll prob have plan A, B & C for Fyfe. He is still a champ and could be due.
Was it Newman who shut down Stringer?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

How many plans do Fremantle have for Cripps?

:thumbsup:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mil Hanna wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:

Young to take Lobb
Kemp to take Fyfe
Plowman to take Banfield

Jiath is actually only 185cm tall (the same as Docherty), he probably seems taller due to his leap?

That, I did not know, and I watch a lot of Hawks games with Hawkers.

Given that, maybe he takes Doc if Longmire's true to form.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

How many plans do Fremantle have for Cripps?

:thumbsup:

None !!!

We win.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:05 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Mil Hanna wrote:

Young to take Lobb
Kemp to take Fyfe
Plowman to take Banfield

Logue says hi.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:15 pm 
Wayne Johnston

tommi wrote:
Ok….

jacket…!

kindest regards tommi

I’m with you on this one, after the centre bounce TDK pushed forward more when we had no tall forwards, now he’ll push back while we have no tall backs. Cripps to do the ruck work around the ground, Harry in the fwd line.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:21 am 
Robert Walls

The Normal One wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:

Young to take Lobb
Kemp to take Fyfe
Plowman to take Banfield

Logue says hi.

Yes, refer above.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next