Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:29 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sammywaslow wrote:
Crippa was right to get angry. Propelling a player forward into another - teammate or no - is a very dangerous practice. That was the second time it happened.

I’m bitterly disappointed with the loss but really proud of the boys. Absolutely NOTHING went right for us last night but there is a spirit building within this team.

As others have said, the downpour in the first q. played right into their hands, and in a blink of an eye the game was almost out of reach. Almost.

At least we all have a new most hated player (hint: not Lynch).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah. Lynch is a bad human being who aims to maim players intentionally, and he knows he's aloowed to get away with it week in week out....he's got a mate called Michael Christian :mad:

Prestia is a dirty prick. Tick.

I know Voss will bring the mongel out of all the boys, including LOB.
Voss will select players in Finals who are prepared to go to war, just like Dimmas boys have for him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:30 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
sammywaslow wrote:
and in a blink of an eye the game was almost out of reach.

You got that right

Umpire was 15-20 metres away from this.

How the @#$%&! is that play on? How?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:30 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wojee wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
I look forward to playing the Tigers again this year .... preferably in dry conditions... coz we are better than them!!

Would love nothing more for Carlton to knock them out of the finals with Doc in possession on the final siren.
He could then stroll over and hand Bolton the ball.

We are better than them and we'll continue to improve. They are past their peak. They didn't overly impress me last night and despite the media crapping on about them getting back to their premiership form, they haven't really impressed me over the past 5 or 6 weeks either.
In all honesty can't see them beating us too many times if at all over the next 5 or 6 years.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:32 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
Mark down Friday 26th August in your calendar

6th V 7th Elimination final

Carlton V Richmond

Revenge day

THis !!

This is what I'm thinking SB.

Bring the pricks on, in good conditions and impartial umpiring, and we have their measure, injuries or not.

Our boys don't give up, and I'm guessing revenge is on the Carlton players' minds.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:33 am 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
CK95 wrote:
sammywaslow wrote:
and in a blink of an eye the game was almost out of reach.

You got that right

Umpire was 15-20 metres away from this.

How the @#$%&! is that play on? How?

Directly resulted in Richmond's first goal with Saad taken out of the play.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:39 am 
Bruce Doull

I'm glad Shai Bolton held the ball out. It doesn't change us or our image whatsoever, & really, Sam Docherty wouldn't give a stuff about it given the far bigger things life's thrown at him over the years.

All it does is bring a bit of attention onto Richmond & Bolton himself. It gets so tiresome hearing organisations banging on about how humble they are, when clearly they are not.

Hopefully Vossy puts a pic of it up on the walls at training before we meet again.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:42 am 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
Hopefully Vossy puts a pic of it up on the walls at training before we meet again.

Voss could probably ask Shai to print off an extra copy when he's having his made.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:42 am 
Bruce Doull

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:50 am 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:
I'm glad Shai Bolton held the ball out. It doesn't change us or our image whatsoever, & really, Sam Docherty wouldn't give a stuff about it given the far bigger things life's thrown at him over the years.

All it does is bring a bit of attention onto Richmond & Bolton himself. It gets so tiresome hearing organisations banging on about how humble they are, when clearly they are not.

Yeah . Don't know what the fuss is about . It's part of football getting inside your opponents head . One thing we lack is aggressive cheeky types . Owies , Honey , who else ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:11 am 
Geoff Southby

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
jim wrote:
Just watched that score review again. Those fingers were seriously wobbling before the ball got to his hand. Jason Dunstall thought it was a ridiculous overturn.

Fair chance it cost us the game. How much do those idiots get paid in the Arc again

ARC seems to be using webcams. it’s a joke. should be using 100 fps cameras, the place is lit up like a tv studio and yet the video quality is VHS.

I think I've worked it out.
It looked liked Broad was shaking his hand, maybe that's the go.
All our defenders should shake their hands when trying to spoil shots on goal.

Jazz hands?

:lol: :clap:
Exactly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:12 am 
Geoff Southby

99prelim wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
jim wrote:
Just watched that score review again. Those fingers were seriously wobbling before the ball got to his hand. Jason Dunstall thought it was a ridiculous overturn.

Fair chance it cost us the game. How much do those idiots get paid in the Arc again

ARC seems to be using webcams. it’s a joke. should be using 100 fps cameras, the place is lit up like a tv studio and yet the video quality is VHS.

I think I've worked it out.
It looked liked Broad was shaking his hand, maybe that's the go.
All our defenders should shake their hands when trying to spoil shots on goal.

Said exactly the same to my mates...wriggle your fingers and protest in unison immediately...it gives the impression that it was an instinctive reaction

It'll be the new throwing back of the head.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:34 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

MVP thread for this game?

5. Docherty
4. Walsh
3. Cripps.
2. Saad
1. Hewett

Silvagni unlucky to be pipped by Hewett, but though SOS adjusted to the conditions and played smart and safe footy.

Loved Boyds game...welcome to the big time.
Appreciated Cottrells game.
Apart from some of his half hearted physical contests, LOB did well too
Big Durdin did really well first up defending 71 F50 entries

Charlie didnt feature well because he wasn't paid frees when Grimus was holding him every time the ball went forward

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:38 am 
Laurie Kerr

I would have said fair enough Richmond deserved the win but this was a game decided by umpires. There was one set of rules for the Tigers and one set for us throughout most of the game. That overturned goal was blatant cheating as there was no irrefutable evidence to say it was touched. That could have swung the game our way but the turds do what they like when they like and nobody can challenge them. I take my hat off to Jason Dunstall he's one of the few football commentators that I have time for he called it for the farce it was. That eye gouge that Lynch did on Saad would have been a free kick, a report and a 3 week suspension for any Carlton player that did the same as that turd. Judd was suspended for 3 weeks for the whole pressure point thing yet what Lynch did was a lot worse and no one bats an eye lid.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:39 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

My Bottom 6 in order are:

Owies
Durdin.C
Martin
Fisher
Charlie

can't name a 6th .....I wasn't disappointed in any other to name them

if I have to.....Plow, S.Durdin or Kennedy....a bit tough on Defenders who held up well imo.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:41 am 
Bruce Doull

If Curnow was umpired the same as Lynch he'd have kicked 5.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:41 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Lucky wrote:
I would have said fair enough Richmond deserved the win but this was a game decided by umpires. There was one set of rules for the Tigers and one set for us throughout most of the game. That overturned goal was blatant cheating as there was no irrefutable evidence to say it was touched. That could have swung the game our way but the turds do what they like when they like and nobody can challenge them. I take my hat off to Jason Dunstall he's one of the few football commentators that I have time for he called it for the farce it was. That eye gouge that Lynch did on Saad would have been a free kick, a report and a 3 week suspension for any Carlton player that did the same as that turd. Judd was suspended for 3 weeks for the whole pressure point thing yet what Lynch did was a lot worse and no one bats an eye lid.

Thanks for your honesty.

Lynch :mad:

Dunstall :thumbsup:

Umpires: there's no yellow and black emoticon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

What did Dunstall say?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:08 pm 
Robert Walls

A frustrating loss because, as is often the case, you can pinpoint the 50/50 moments that needed to go our way and didn't.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GreatEx wrote:
What did Dunstall say?
Basically said not enough evidence to overturn the goal and it changed the outcome of the game

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

bluechampion wrote:
A frustrating loss because, as is often the case, you can pinpoint the 50/50 moments that needed to go our way and didn't.

Richmond make their own luck in a lot of those situations

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next