Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Lynch is a horrible sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

Apparently the AFL have said nothing to see here with the goal review?

Typical.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

missnaut wrote:
Apparently the AFL have said nothing to see here with the goal review?

Typical.

Probably OKed the ARC decision by watching it on a Nokia 8250.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

oh no, they apparently had "access to hi def super slo mo visio"

And if you buy that, I've got a once in a lifetime investment opportunity for you

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:00 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sydney Blue wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
What did Dunstall say?
Basically said not enough evidence to overturn the goal and it changed the outcome of the game

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Thanks Syd... good egg, that Jason.

I wouldn't have had a problem with the decision if Doc's earlier touch had also been called a behind. In both cases there was finger flapping but no decisive evidence that the flap came from the ball, and no change in ball trajectory. Yes, there was a foot in the vicinity for Doc, but no decisive evidence that the foot hit the hand. So it's really just two brands of speculation.

It also seems to me that the burden of proof should be higher when the ump has already given the all-clear and the goal ump signalled a goal, as opposed to when the review is called for straight away. Dunno what the laws say on this point but from an "ethical" standpoint I think it should be higher.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

The review doesn’t happen if ‘Elite Kick’ hits up the wiiiiide open team mate (Boyd?) 40m out.

His whole attitude towards footy is a cancer. He kicked that goal in the 2nd quarter and it was like he’d won Wimbledon. Every time he’s involved in the contest, win or lose, there’s a finality to his body language.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:15 pm 
Craig Bradley

Let’s not get hung up on a goal review in respect to the result
Goal review wasn’t the reason we were 35 points behind in the second quarter
Wasn’t the reason we kicked 0.4 in the first quarter
Wasn’t the reason for 70 plus 50 forward entries by Richmond

Very poor performance not adapting to wet weather football playing too cute for conditions dumb
Madly handballing to team mates when it’s is pouring down rain inside of going long by a kick
Being murdered out of the centre having no answer to Prestia
Lucky to lose by 15 in my view
Said last week if we played like we did against Essendon* against a good side we were going to lose -we did and learnt nothing from last week
Running out of soldiers and can’t catch a break with injury or player continuity so it’s having an impact

Poor performance last night in a winnable game no excuses yes umpires terrible but no one to blame but ourselves

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

Crusader wrote:
The review doesn’t happen if ‘Elite Kick’ hits up the wiiiiide open team mate (Boyd?) 40m out.

It was Boyd, maybe closer to 45m out, and near the boundary line. Hardly a gimme. LOB saw him and decided against it, it's not like he was too busy patting himself on the back.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GreatEx wrote:
Crusader wrote:

It was Boyd, maybe closer to 45m out, and near the boundary line. Hardly a gimme. LOB saw him and decided against it, it's not like he was too busy patting himself on the back.

I may contradict myself here. I felt he probably should've given it to Boyd but at same time I get frustrated when some of our players don't back themselves in and look for any other option rather than take the responsibility themselves. So with that, didn't have an issue with him backing himself in.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:40 pm 
Ken Hunter

bluehammer wrote:

And if you buy that, I've got a once in a lifetime investment opportunity for you
If they've got this footage, why doesn't the viewer see it instead of the VHS era stuff?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

missnaut wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

If they've got this footage, why doesn't the viewer see it instead of the VHS era stuff?
Preeeeeeeeecisely

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

frank dardew wrote:

Very poor performance not adapting to wet weather football playing too cute for conditions dumb
Madly handballing to team mates when it’s is pouring down rain inside of going long by a kick
Said last week if we played like we did against Essendon** against a good side we were going to lose -we did and learnt nothing from last week
Running out of soldiers and can’t catch a break with injury or player continuity so it’s having an impact

Poor performance last night in a winnable game no excuses yes umpires terrible but no one to blame but ourselves

Very , very sensible way to look at it Frankie .Reckon you are right Frank, face your own inadequicies before laying fault at others . ..............reckon our mids need to take it upon themselves and work it out . After all , they are not novice's and need to work there shit out amongst themselves . I mean , it is crystal clear TDK is getting killed in his tapwork yet they didn't re jig in any way . Baffling .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

Cerra would have been really handy last night. I reckon of all our outs we missed him the most

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
Cerra would have been really handy last night. I reckon of all our outs we missed him the most

We can't get Pittonet back soon enough either.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ya know….

after the game i was kinda pissed off…
then i wasn’t this morning…but now I’m
pissed off again…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

frank dardew wrote:

Said last week if we played like we did against Essendon** against a good side we were going to lose -we did and learnt nothing from last week

This.

We have been poor for 3 weeks now.

Keep this up and we don't deserve to play finals.

I don't accept injuries as an excuse. We have missed a mid most games this year and thrived.

We simply, for one reason or another, have started playing below par for a sustained period of late.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I hope Voss told them to play wet weather football because if not then he is accountable as much as the players for that shite.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

tommi wrote:
Ya know….

after the game i was kinda pissed off…
then i wasn’t this morning…but now I’m
pissed off again…!

kindest regards tommi

Sounds like me after EVERY game .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

GreatEx wrote:
Crusader wrote:

He had that much empty space around him, he could’ve played on and kicked from 30.

‘Elite Kick’ turned his back.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

Crusader wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
Crusader wrote:

He had that much empty space around him, he could’ve played on and kicked from 30.

‘Elite Kick’ turned his back.

I just watched it and disagree.
LOB had zero space when he marked so he had to stop.
If he passed it to Boyd, Pickett was there and would've run straight at him.
Decision was the right one, get it closer to goal.
We'd been over using the ball all night.

If we want to get picky, the kick on goal from Curnow was costly, it was a sitter for him or the Harry miss from 40 out with 4min to go.

There is no point focusing on the individual specifics and plays, it does no good.
The issue was the middle, clearances and F50 entires for them, we were owned.
IMO we lacked an inside mid/tagger to replace Cerra.
Graham had 10 tackles to our best Cripps 5 and Short had 989m gained, he needed to be shut down.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next