Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:44 pm 
Serge Silvagni

GreatEx wrote:
Not even mentioned in the Match Review article on afl dot com, guess it falls under the good bloke / not that kind of player (yet this kind of thing always happens when he's around) category.

Pathetic. Lynch clearly and intentionally eye gouges Saad. Joke AFL.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:19 am 
Bruce Doull

BlueJean wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
Not even mentioned in the Match Review article on afl dot com, guess it falls under the good bloke / not that kind of player (yet this kind of thing always happens when he's around) category.

Wasn't replayed 100 times during the game or had a dozen articles pop up asking "Is Lynch in trouble for this?" so it's through to the keeper....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:52 am 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:
Crusader wrote:
The review doesn’t happen if ‘Elite Kick’ hits up the wiiiiide open team mate (Boyd?) 40m out.

His whole attitude towards footy is a cancer. He kicked that goal in the 2nd quarter and it was like he’d won Wimbledon. Every time he’s involved in the contest, win or lose, there’s a finality to his body language.

Glad you brought that up. LOB totally ignored Boyd. Backed himself from outside 50 with a wet footy. Did not do the team thing

He didn’t ignore him. He assessed the option and took on the responsibility to kick it deep himself. It was a reasonable call to make in the circumstances. Boyd was clear, but on a worse angle and not that much closer to goal.

If he’d passed it, LOB probably would have been called an idiot for overusing the ball on a wet night and/or a fanny for not taking the kick….
:roll:

Sorry Abs I was at the G and had a bird’s eye view:

Boyd made great positioning for the pass. LOB took an eternity ignored the pass and overestimated his kicking ability. Boyd closer to goal a good kick and on the correct side for a right footer

LOB should have kicked the goal...so much for 'elite' kick. He's hit and miss. Looks great when he connects properly, and doesn't hook it...some of his passes are unbelievable. Note the word "some". He's not elite imo.

His field kicking is. His ability to kick to a lead to the best advantage is elite. Every time he kicks inside 50 we score.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:09 am 
Craig Bradley

Wojee wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

Wasn't replayed 100 times during the game or had a dozen articles pop up asking "Is Lynch in trouble for this?" so it's through to the keeper....

Sadly, there's a fair bit of truth to this. AFL spends a lot of time jumping in reaction to media pressure.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:16 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Stefchook wrote:
Wojee wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

Sadly, there's a fair bit of truth to this. AFL spends a lot of time jumping in reaction to media pressure.

This is true. It did help us getting Lewis Young a few weeks ago as most of media was on our side.
However that is the exception as they are usually against us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I agree Farmer Blue, that some of his kicking is elite, and I know a lot of his kicks inside 50 have turned into scores, but not "every one".

I'm being a tad sarcastic because using the word 'elite' and 'every time' commentary requires definition and a response.

I've seen him miss passes from 20m...over the head. I don't consider that elite. But generally he's a good pass.
I do love his kicking I50.

We are discussing LOBs decision not to pass to Boyd. LOB was 50 out, and when other players have the ball in the same area he asks for it to have to shot. Why he didn't have the shot raises ?????. Maybe its a coaching instruction to land it top of the square. If so, why does he still ask for the ball to have a shot???? Coaches instructions???

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:52 pm 
Ken Hunter

I don't see the contradiction there, bondi... it could be coach's instructions for the kicker to go for the top of the square while others are instructed to present around 40-45 out, because that might draw a defender away from the danger area.

The amount of analysis into LOB choosing one option that resulted in an overruled goal vs another option that could easily have resulted in a behind, oob or failure to make the distance, is quite impressive!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:56 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

GreatEx wrote:
I don't see the contradiction there, bondi... it could be coach's instructions for the kicker to go for the top of the square while others are instructed to present around 40-45 out, because that might draw a defender away from the danger area.

The amount of analysis into LOB choosing one option that resulted in an overruled goal vs another option that could easily have resulted in a behind, oob or failure to make the distance, is quite impressive!

Good point GE

The bottom line though is, who knows?
Its all guesswork.

When I first saw the replay, I thought LOB made the right choice TBH, and questions raised was purely just curiosity, when I thought a bit deeper.

LOB didnt cost us the game.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:18 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Weeks a long time eh tigers

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:48 pm 
Wayne Johnston

No rain, no tigers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10