Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

sammywaslow wrote:

Well this is embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "Family club" didn't invite Joe Daniher to their celebration.

Did Joel Reynolds get an invite?

Sheedy should have walked out with Campo, Matt Allan and Justin Murphy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:19 am 
John James

Lowey_47 wrote:
The commentators love fest for jakey stringshot is unbearable. The only reason stringshot couldn't break the tackle (fisher?) is that it was his first game back. If he was cherry ripe he would have done it easy.

Simply amazing

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks, saved me from mentioning same. No credit given for Fisher's great tackle on an alleged (part-time) star.

Idiots.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:21 am 
John James

kezza wrote:
sammywaslow wrote:

Well this is embarrassing.

:lol: :lol:

i keep getting stuck inside this image of Hirdy and Heppel ten years after his PED treatment. on Taptalk app and no way to get it off the image preview. its the stuff of nightmares!!! everyone stop postin it will youse?!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:24 am 
John James

aboynamedsue wrote:
It’s hard to believe that 11 games ago Essendon** was playing in a final. It goes to show how things can change quickly.

I was pleased with the win. You don’t go anywhere as a football club without winning games like that. A cold winter night, with key players out, against an amped up opposition. It wasn’t a match you’d tell your grandkids about, but we got the job done when we were expected to. Take the four points and move onto the next challenge.

not many KPPs out Friday night. we need to stop saying that now. pretty good number of our starting 22 fit now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:55 pm 
Robert Walls

diesel95 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
It’s hard to believe that 11 games ago Essendon*** was playing in a final. It goes to show how things can change quickly.

I was pleased with the win. You don’t go anywhere as a football club without winning games like that. A cold winter night, with key players out, against an amped up opposition. It wasn’t a match you’d tell your grandkids about, but we got the job done when we were expected to. Take the four points and move onto the next challenge.

not many KPPs out Friday night. we need to stop saying that now. pretty good number of our starting 22 fit now.

ABNS said key players, not KPPs.

We still have the following key players missing from our best 22 due to injury:

- Weitering
- Pittonet
- Cerra
- Williams
- Cunningham*
- McGovern*
- McDonald*

*You could argue either way about the last 3 on this list, but in terms of structure, McGovern and McDonald were very important in the first couple of games this year. Perhaps Marchbank and Durdin will be the longer term replacements given the Macca's durability issues, however it still leaves us 2 capable key defenders down.

That being said, once Weitering, Pittonet and Cerra are back we should have no more excuses. Of course these won't be the last of our injuries for the year, but we will just have to deal with them accordingly with the next best available.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:32 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

10 Sam Docherty (CARL)
6 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
5 Harry McKay (CARL)
5 Lewis Young (CARL)
2 Nicholas Newman (CARL)
2 Dylan Shiel (ESS)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:49 pm 
John James

Mil Hanna wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
It’s hard to believe that 11 games ago Essendon**** was playing in a final. It goes to show how things can change quickly.

ABNS said key players, not KPPs.

We still have the following key players missing from our best 22 due to injury:

- Weitering
- Pittonet
- Cerra
- Williams
- Cunningham*
- McGovern*
- McDonald*

*You could argue either way about the last 3 on this list, but in terms of structure, McGovern and McDonald were very important in the first couple of games this year. Perhaps Marchbank and Durdin will be the longer term replacements given the Macca's durability issues, however it still leaves us 2 capable key defenders down.

That being said, once Weitering, Pittonet and Cerra are back we should have no more excuses. Of course these won't be the last of our injuries for the year, but we will just have to deal with them accordingly with the next best available.

yes room for improvement for sure. most teams have a couple of key players out. some more than us now we aren’t the emergency ward of the AFL!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

diesel95 wrote:
[
yes room for improvement for sure. most teams have a couple of key players out. some more than us now we aren’t the emergency ward of the AFL!

Nah.
We aren't the only ones but no one has more talent out than us.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

I see they are advertising for a Chief Operating Officer in today's Australian ................just noticed , thats all .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6