Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:51 pm 
Rod Ashman

tommi wrote:
Hey folk….

anyone watched the replay in full…?

worth it…?

kindest regards tommi

If JSOS had kicked a goal at the end and we had won, I would have watched the replay several times.
:smoking:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:08 am 
Stephen Kernahan

tommi wrote:
Hey folk….

worth it…?

kindest regards tommi
Only if you want to see me at half time getting the rabbit ears treatment on 7s coverage...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:08 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

tommi wrote:
Hey folk….

worth it…?

kindest regards tommi

Yes.

I've watched it a couple times, and what it told me is we should have won that game despite coming out a bit slow.

Sure Collingwood had our measure in a couple periods, but when we put on the heat we really looked strong, albeit a bit late.

Carroll is really disappointing. Why? His last 3 games were nothing like the first 2 games he played. He was too slow and frustrating to watch.

But the signs are good, given we had Weitering out, and 5-6 key players from our best 22 missing.

They had Grundy missing. We will get them in the last round: OUR HOME GAME.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:28 am 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
But the signs are good, given we had Weitering out, and 5-6 key players from our best 22 missing.

Ross Lyon reckons we were missing 7 of our best 22.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:37 am 
Wayne Johnston

Wojee wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Ross Lyon reckons we were missing 7 of our best 22.

I reckon he might be regretting pulling out of contention…..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:46 am 
Bruce Doull

I'm glad he did.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:17 am 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
tommi wrote:
Hey folk….

worth it…?

kindest regards tommi

Yes.

I've watched it a couple times, and what it told me is we should have won that game despite coming out a bit slow.

Sure Collingwood had our measure in a couple periods, but when we put on the heat we really looked strong, albeit a bit late.

Carroll is really disappointing. Why? His last 3 games were nothing like the first 2 games he played. He was too slow and frustrating to watch.

They had Grundy missing. We will get them in the last round: OUR HOME GAME.

Cheers Bondy….

I’ll give it a viewing this weekend…I wasn’t 100%
sure if i should or not…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:21 am 
Robert Walls

If Weitering hadn't got injured - we win.

If McKay had played - we win.

If Pittonet had played - we win.

Any one of the three - we win.

Any more than one of the three - we win easily.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:55 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluechampion wrote:
If Weitering hadn't got injured - we win.

If McKay had played - we win.

If Pittonet had played - we win.

Any one of the three - we win.

Any more than one of the three - we win easily.
We had enough talent on the park to win, Collingwood outplayed us save for a 15min patch in the 2nd and 5min patch in the 4th.

They moved the ball better into their forward line, had multiple avenues to goal and won by 5 behinds they should probably have kicked.

I do think its a 'good' loss for us but I reckon a 4pt loss flattered us and a 1pt win would have been a theft I'd have been happy to take...!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:04 pm 
Garry Crane

we played into ferals hands ,they want us to bomb the ball into F50,like i said before the game they start there attack from D50.Tigers got them by short pass,spotting up the leading forwards.Anyway spilled milk lets BEAT the bombers now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

How unbearable were the Collingwood supporters at my golf club yesterday? The answer is very...

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:45 pm 
Geoff Southby

Of course Quaynor and Noble are both extremely good small backmen which made it very hard for our small forwards . Quay nor and Noble are underrated . We didn't give them enough respect .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
Of course Quaynor and Noble are both extremely good small backmen which made it very hard for our small forwards . Quay nor and Noble are underrated . We didn't give them enough respect .

We got smashed in the air.

Noble and Quaynor took 13 marks between them
Howe took 5
Moore took 3
Maynard 2

There were less crumbs for our smalls than usual.

Our KPF's, Jack and Charlie took 7 in the forwardline. Jack took 5 around the ground when ruck roving ... coz he wasn't rucking. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:33 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

We got smashed in the air.

Noble and Quaynor took 13 marks between them
Howe took 5
Moore took 3
Maynard 2

There were less crumbs for our smalls than usual.

Our KPF's, Jack and Charlie took 7 in the forwardline. Jack took 5 around the ground when ruck roving ... coz he wasn't rucking. :wink:

Yet despite that smashing we could easily have won, I think what Voss wants is for the players to back our system to win in any circumstance. So he won’t pick talls just for the sake of it, he’ll pick players to play roles.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Like everyone I hate losing to Collingwood but the biggest disappointment is the confirmation that the cheats and divers are being rewarded on a constant basis. And it will only encourage other players to do it.
Ginnivan drops his knees the moment impact approaches and the game encourages him to continue it. What's worse, a champion of the game in Scott Pendlebury appeared to do it as well.

If Sam Walsh threw his head back when he felt high contact last week, we may well have won the game. But I'm glad her didn't. It's weak and its cheating. And my feelings about ducking or feigning severe contact is not just directed at Collingwood. O'Brien did it earlier this year and I suspect Voss would have told him it's not acceptable.

Until the AFL refuse to pay the free kick or in fact penalise the player who does it, they're not serious about protecting the head of players and preventing concussion.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:25 am 
Craig Bradley

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:55 pm 
Rod Ashman

Typical! Jamie Elliot a late out for the Pies against Hawthorn. Would be interested to see the win/loss stats for the Pies with/without Elliot, esp this year.
If only he was out last week and Weitering didn’t get injured… we’d be playing for equal top spot next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

17th Premiership wrote:
Typical! Jamie Elliot a late out for the Pies against Hawthorn. Would be interested to see the win/loss stats for the Pies with/without Elliot, esp this year.
If only he was out last week and Weitering didn’t get injured… we’d be playing for equal top spot next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well...they won without him.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

So maybe they're better than we gave them credit for and our performance under the circumstances wasn't that bad?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:30 am 
Geoff Southby

Traveller86 wrote:
So maybe they're better than we gave them credit for and our performance under the circumstances wasn't that bad?

Yeah , i reckon thats about it Trav . If you can knock off the reigning Premier's then you are travelling alright .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next