Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:55 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:44 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Traveller86 wrote:
So maybe they're better than we gave them credit for and our performance under the circumstances wasn't that bad?

Looks that way.

I actually have liked the game style of the Pies from early in the year...we got beaten in the air imo..

Like BV said, if we played for frees like Pies forwards do, then we would have won.

Pies are a very good team: they're in the 8 with half a season ahead of them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Their next 5 games are pretty favourable too.

Would be epic to face them in the finals (and win of course).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:15 pm 
Bob Chitty

its a silvagni snap (or a free kick to walsh) away from sitting equal 1st with a game in hand ....

sliding doors etc..

this is the most open season i can remember for a long time ... the side that goes into the finals with their first 22 fit and available and in some decent form, will win it.

i see no reason why that cant be us, to be honest.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
its a silvagni snap (or a free kick to walsh) away from sitting equal 1st with a game in hand ....

sliding doors etc..

this is the most open season i can remember for a long time ... the side that goes into the finals with their first 22 fit and available and in some decent form, will win it.

Jeez Scotty , having our best 22 available would be a dream come true . Can you see that happening ? long shot for mine , but yeah , if by some miracle that eventuates i agree we would be right in it .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:

sliding doors etc..

Jeez Scotty , having our best 22 available would be a dream come true . Can you see that happening ? long shot for mine , but yeah , if by some miracle that eventuates i agree we would be right in it .

Funny posts to read.
I was mucking around with scenarios in the future.
There will be injuries and underdone players with 3-6 rounds to go in the season.

I made my team for round 23 before the Finals.

I added in Pittonet Weitering Cerra and Williams, replacing Plowman, Cottrell, Boyd and OBrien.
I think that's believable. AND, I know this team would beat Collingwood with Grundy back.

Williams like Cuningham and maybe McGovern might not be in better shape than the incumbents of the time so they may be depth come round 23.

There is good depth in some areas for Carlton, so the THE BESTEST 22 hardly ever happens anyway, let alone at Carlton.

Who knows where these players will be at round 23:
Stocker, Boyd, Honey & Hayes, Dow & Setterfield, Carroll....1 or 2 may be injured, and or 1-2 may have breakthrough games.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:59 pm 
Bob Chitty

okay, perhaps their best 22, should be changed to the "closest they can get to their best 22"

but you cant argue if we had

weitering, a healthy marchbank, pitto, a healthy McGovern, Cerra and Williams ... with our midfield and forward line up and about ... we would be a far better side than we currently are, and thats a side that was a quick snap (or free kick i.e. walsh) from being equal 1st with a game in hand. incredible when you think about it ...

i honestly cant see why if the stars aligned, why we cant win it ... the season is that open this year ... but that also applies to perhaps 8 teams this year, perhaps 10 if you include tigers and port ... unreal and really even season.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
okay, perhaps their best 22, should be changed to the "closest they can get to their best 22"

but you cant argue if we had

weitering, a healthy marchbank, pitto, a healthy McGovern, Cerra and Williams ... with our midfield and forward line up and about ... we would be a far better side than we currently are, and thats a side that was a quick snap (or free kick i.e. walsh) from being equal 1st with a game in hand. incredible when you think about it ...

i honestly cant see why if the stars aligned, why we cant win it ... the season is that open this year ... but that also applies to perhaps 8 teams this year, perhaps 10 if you include tigers and port ... unreal and really even season.

Yep , I agree again Scotty . Closest to our best 22 up and running and we are a chance for sure . Our best footy is right up there .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7