Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

If Courtney Johns is not the centrepiece of the 150 year celebrations I am done following footy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

First quarter they will come out all fired up so we need to be on our guard but the emotion can't carry a team for a whole game.

Or we could smash them early like we did for GWS and dispel this myth about big occasions magically turning ordinary teams into top teams.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:59 pm 
Bob Chitty

excuse my language.

just flower win. with our ins, we have zero excuses.

whilst our defence is underman, there is enough quality in the side suggest to win, and win easily.

flower the bombers and their 150th celebration ... lets ruin the party.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:30 pm 
formerly Fevola

im very nervous !! Its such an important game for us. And i hate that flower * team.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

I felt weird about the Collingwood game but I'm not feeling weird about tonight.
CK95 wrote:
If Courtney Johns is not the centrepiece of the 150 year celebrations I am done following footy
Lap of honour for him and Alwyn Davey.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Drewgirl wrote:
im very nervous !! Its such an important game for us. And i hate that flower * team.

Same. Then again I'm always nervous when we come against this cheating flower.
The only time I wasn't I was telling everyone who'd listen that we'd smash them by 80+ points.
Five minutes into that game, Carrots had his shoulder smashed in, we dropped a couple of chest marked and kicked a few on the full with no pressure at all. I then texted my mate saying we'll lost this game.
I'll never go in feeling cocky against these pieces of excrement again.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:47 pm 
Robert Walls

Paddycripps wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Mackay confirmed playing, according to Gerard W on SEN

:thumbsup:
According to Voss also.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/776294/harry-s-back-blues-confirm-quick-return-for-star-forward
:grin:

If he reinjures himself I will EAT MY OWN SHIT

Will you film it and post it on YouTube?

You want to see that? You sick @#$%&!

Deanosupremo always promised to do it on here and I feel that CK should fulfil the prophecy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:51 pm 
Robert Walls

CK95 wrote:

And if Kyle Reimers isn't honoured in the celebrations I will eat my own shit and Courtney's....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Crusader wrote:
killpies wrote:
Surprised Newnes didnt get dropped after his shocker last week. In the first half he turned over the ball nearly every time he got it.

15 disposals for the game. One turnover, four intercepts.

I thought Newnes has played every game he's played this year really well. Interesting how we all see things differently.

Only one that counts is Voss.

Voss selected Newnes the minute he was available, and slotted him straight into the team.
It was publicly stated he was managed due to illness, but some posters thought he deserved to be dropped, and there was no way he would be selected against the Pies.

I can see exactly why Newnes is selected ahead of many other faves: Tough, endurance, skills, and he holds jis ground...and when he tackles....Dow, Cottrell, LOB, Fogarty, Setterfield, Carroll have nothing on him.

Voss picks players on form who are performing the role VOSS wants them to play. Simple, and so it should be even if this or next year are Newnes last.

I don't mind Newnes but i think we will be a stronger side when we dont need him(improvement in bottom 6 etc but he fills a need atm in depth). I have nothing against him and agree he has a lot of strengths but his first half last week was the worst I've seen him play in his time at the Blues. His 2nd half was a lot better but the first half was a shocker. Hope he turns it around and plays well, but still surprised he wasnt the 2nd out behind Carrol.

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mickstar wrote:
Swindon Blue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
So they are treating this like it is there GrandFinal...................Faaark i find that weird . A midseason game and they are near the bottom and treating it like a GF . How faaarking delusional are they ? for us its no more than hopefully a stepping stone to the GF . Nah , faaark them and there carry on , just get on with business Blues . I"m totally sick of those drop punt Essendon**** media lackey's . Put 'em in there place Blues .

To be fair when we were crap we always treated the Essendon**** game like a Grand Final. I remember one of our 2 wins in 2018 was against this mob. We clearly celebrated like we won the flag too as we lost by over 100 points the next week.

To be fair ? normally i would be but i find it hard with that mob . Faaark them .

This!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

rhino27 wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

Same. Then again I'm always nervous when we come against this cheating flower.
The only time I wasn't I was telling everyone who'd listen that we'd smash them by 80+ points.
Five minutes into that game, Carrots had his shoulder smashed in, we dropped a couple of chest marked and kicked a few on the full with no pressure at all. I then texted my mate saying we'll lost this game.
I'll never go in feeling cocky against these pieces of excrement again.

Yeah but this time they're not injecting themselves with performance enhancing drugs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

Off to the game and a few drinks prior. Bloody excited for tonight. I feel we are now the real deal. Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:55 pm 
Craig Bradley

Drewgirl wrote:

I've been nervous before most games this season... but not tonight

We are the better team and I expect to win comfortably against a team that's only won 2 games this year...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mil Hanna wrote:
CK95 wrote:

And if Kyle Reimers isn't honoured in the celebrations I will eat my own shit and Courtney's....
Haha, Reimers deserves his own statue on Royal Parade after the bucket he tipped on them during the drug bust

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:09 pm 
formerly BlueRob

We look short down back and I would have liked Sam Durdin in the side. Two metre Peter could have a night out although slippery conditions won't suit.
Rutten has called for a special effort from their midfield. Stringer is a danger.

If we win the midfield battle we will crush them.

Can't stand Essendon* ... they are the worst.

GO BLUES!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Lowey_47 wrote:

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Didn't they end up losing the championship game?

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

We must @#$%&! then up!!!!

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:39 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Crusader wrote:
killpies wrote:
Surprised Newnes didnt get dropped after his shocker last week. In the first half he turned over the ball nearly every time he got it.

15 disposals for the game. One turnover, four intercepts.

I thought Newnes has played every game he's played this year really well. Interesting how we all see things differently.

Only one that counts is Voss.

Voss selected Newnes the minute he was available, and slotted him straight into the team.
It was publicly stated he was managed due to illness, but some posters thought he deserved to be dropped, and there was no way he would be selected against the Pies.

I can see exactly why Newnes is selected ahead of many other faves: Tough, endurance, skills, and he holds jis ground...and when he tackles....Dow, Cottrell, LOB, Fogarty, Setterfield, Carroll have nothing on him.

Voss picks players on form who are performing the role VOSS wants them to play. Simple, and so it should be even if this or next year are Newnes last.

So what you're suggesting Bondiblue is that Voss knows more than the posters on TC :smoking:
Incredible! Who would have thought?
Go Blues!
Enjoy the game everyone :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:42 pm 
Robert Walls

CK95 wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Haha, Reimers deserves his own statue on Royal Parade after the bucket he tipped on them during the drug bust

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Ah yeah, that's right! He was a good bloke after all. :lol:

OK then, if Carlton don't honour Reimers I will eat my own.... yeah, nah.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next