Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 5:46 pm 
Ken Hunter

Please win.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 6:05 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Weitering, Carroll and Motlop out for Kemp and Martin. Newness to be the medi sub.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 6:05 pm 
Ken Hunter

Please do not play Carroll.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 6:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

The junkies are getting us at the (for them) right time :cry:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 6:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

Carroll and Motlop out. I'm confident both will be good players for us, but not yet. Back to the VFL to work on their games.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 8:10 pm 
Geoff Southby

in: Kennedy, Kemp and Martin, sub Williamson
out:Weiters, Carroll, Motlop, Newnes.

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 8:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

Just win any way possible.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 8:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

Curnow for a reasonably lazy 6

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 8:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

100 Point smashing please

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 9:07 pm 
Rod Ashman

Play it like it’s our GF.

We need 4 wins to make the 8, one needs to be this game

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 9:40 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

DesEnglish wrote:
Play it like it’s our GF.

We need 4 wins to make the 8, one needs to be this game

If we don't win this match we might struggle to make finals. With Weiters injured our fixture for the 2nd half of the season looks challenging.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 11:29 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

bluehammer wrote:
100 Point smashing please
I'd take a one point win

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 5:46 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Aaron Hamill needs to step up.
Our method of bringing the ball out of defence is deplorable and it cost us badly yesterday. Our tall stocks are severely depleted yet we continually kick it long out of defence. If Doc is going to kick out, we may as well hand the ball to the opposition on the back flank because he continually does the same thing and gets the same response.
Numerous times there are shorter hit up options yet we choose to ignore them.
Ignoring them makes us too easy to play against. If you hit that option once or twice, the opposition have to man them up and we can then start to manoeuvre the opposition zone to create space.

I don't buy the criticism of our small forwards. Motlop was found out as a young player but Durdin and Owies are doing their roles well. Owies is number 2 in the AFL for forward 50 tackles and Durdin chases as hard as anyone in our team. As a team we're only behind top 3 sides Melbourne and Freo for forward 50 tackles.
With us playing at least one half forward up at the stoppages (Walsh) and often a second (Fisher our Carroll), our forwards are usually battling against at least one extra defender and occasionally 2. Having Harry out allows the opposition defenders the luxury of knowing every time where the ball is going so they can triple team Charlie and I thought the Pies midfielders/wings did a great job of getting back to support their defence. Too often the Pies defenders spoiled the ball and Taylor Adams or Sidebottom were there to clear the ball.

As I said elsewhere, we need to tough it out whilst we wait for the reinforcements to come back into the team. Our next few games will require Young to step up but he would have been playing on the number 1 forwards anyway. Weiters wouldn't have played on Wright, Lynch or King IMHO. It will require Plowman to play above his height and hopefully Marchbank comes back in to assist. The pre-season draft will be very interesting.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:00 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Assuming Kennedy comes back in the side does Dow keep his spot? If so what position do we play him?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:34 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Humpers wrote:
Assuming Kennedy comes back in the side does Dow keep his spot? If so what position do we play him?
He takes Carroll's spot? And rotates in the midfield when Kennedy is resting?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:57 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kingkerna wrote:
Humpers wrote:
He takes Carroll's spot? And rotates in the midfield when Kennedy is resting?

Carroll's spot is actually Weitering's spot. Kemp should take that.
Kennedy in for Dow and Martin in for Motlop

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:01 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Other option is Dow stays and Newnes goes out for Kennedy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:34 am 
Harry Vallence

Losing this will just about break me.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:35 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Glass half full: 8-3. Every Carlton fan would of signed up for that in a flash at the start of the year. Well and truly exceeded all expectations, externally and I suspect internally too. Great platform that allows some riggle room. All 3 losses have come when we have lost a key player early. Should definitely make finals.

Glass half empty: Catastrophic injury list that has gone over the tipping point and will derail our season. Too many players and key pillars have and will miss large chunks of the season. Lack of key position players left available on the list. Will have to play players out of necessity and not necessarily because they’re ready and in form. Will struggle to stay in the eight.

Hoping like hell we can refresh, reset, “get to work” and go again. Be incredibly disappointing to not win at least another 4 games in the back half. But sadly I’m bracing for it.

For what we’ve endured in modern times, to not get a decent run at it just when we are getting good simply breaks my heart.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:23 pm 
Geoff Southby

MPH78 wrote:
Glass half full: 8-3. Every Carlton fan would of signed up for that in a flash at the start of the year. Well and truly exceeded all expectations, externally and I suspect internally too. Great platform that allows some riggle room. All 3 losses have come when we have lost a key player early. Should definitely make finals.

Glass half empty: Catastrophic injury list that has gone over the tipping point and will derail our season. Too many players and key pillars have and will miss large chunks of the season. Lack of key position players left available on the list. Will have to play players out of necessity and not necessarily because they’re ready and in form. Will struggle to stay in the eight.

Hoping like hell we can refresh, reset, “get to work” and go again. Be incredibly disappointing to not win at least another 4 games in the back half. But sadly I’m bracing for it.

For what we’ve endured in modern times, to not get a decent run at it just when we are getting good simply breaks my heart.

x2

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next