Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:09 pm 
Rod Ashman

The Normal One wrote:
Surprised Carroll wasn’t kept in for the midfield role. I think he is clearly ahead of Dow in many facets.

Needed a break to reset in the VFL.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:18 pm 
Craig Bradley

The Normal One wrote:
Surprised Carroll wasn’t kept in for the midfield role. I think he is clearly ahead of Dow in many facets.

Carroll has had a quiet couple of weeks. Dow deserves a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

Best of luck to Paddy Dow for Sunday.
I hope he has a blinder!

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:58 pm 
Craig Bradley

As good as Dow is going in the 2s, he’s up against it to get anywhere near what Kennedy brings to the table. Bam Bam’s stats per 100min are as good as anyone.

He’ll need all of the luck he can muster.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:17 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Agree, can't help but think he'll shit the bed.

You just know Cox will star.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:27 pm 
Craig Bradley

Crusader wrote:
As good as Dow is going in the 2s, he’s up against it to get anywhere near what Kennedy brings to the table. Bam Bam’s stats per 100min are as good as anyone.

We seem to hold Dow to higher standards than other players coming into the side from the 2s don’t we. It’s like he either has to be a superstar or he’s not worthy of a game

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

Kennedy will be a huge loss but very happy to see Dow given a run. Hope he sticks close to Crippa and Hewett for the outside run and carry role. Looking for a big game from Cerra.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

Public seats all gone, MCC entitlements exhausted.

Could we crack 90,000?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 10:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jake_h03 wrote:
Crusader wrote:

We seem to hold Dow to higher standards than other players coming into the side from the 2s don’t we. It’s like he either has to be a superstar or he’s not worthy of a game

First and foremost I hope he applies defensive pressure i.e. chases, tackles, smothers etc. If he can demonstrate significant improvement in this area I will be happy.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:04 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wow some of you have really shown yourselves to be totally full of shit. Is Dow > Kennedy? Of course not based off recently form you idiots. But they're also very different players so barely comparable notwithstanding they both play midfield. And Carroll? Give me a break. The kid has barely fired a shot 2 weeks straight. He deserves to be sent back to school and Dow who has consistently dominated the VFL albeit maybe running out of legs a few times is > CArroll at this stage.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:06 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Humpers wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Crusader wrote:

First and foremost I hope he applies defensive pressure i.e. chases, tackles, smothers etc. If he can demonstrate significant improvement in this area I will be happy.

I have a feeling he will play very well.
If he doesn't well that'll be his papers stamped and fairly so if he can't handle the big league.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:06 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jake_h03 wrote:
The Normal One wrote:

This

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

Disappointing we won't be wearing our proper jumpers for this match.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:32 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I'd rather we wear white than cop the clash with a black backed Collingwood jumper.

Pies really created this whole clash crap, switching to their black back.

Used to never clash with carl/ess/Richmond. Now clashes with all of em.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:38 pm 
formerly King Kenny

jake_h03 wrote:
The Normal One wrote:

I would say that is because he wasn’t in the midfield like his first game. Anyway, Dow has a chance, opportunity to bring his best to the AFL whilst Kennedy is out.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

Paddycripps wrote:
Wow some of you have really shown yourselves to be totally full of shit. Is Dow > Kennedy? Of course not based off recently form you idiots. But they're also very different players so barely comparable notwithstanding they both play midfield. And Carroll? Give me a break. The kid has barely fired a shot 2 weeks straight. He deserves to be sent back to school and Dow who has consistently dominated the VFL albeit maybe running out of legs a few times is > CArroll at this stage.

No one in their right mind would expect Dow to be better than Kennedy - there might only be a dozen midfielders in the comp that could lay claim to that.

The way he’s playing that inside mid role, setting up on the front side of stoppages is the source of 4-5 scores per game. He’s got the strength to carry his opponent through the contest or create space for Crippa/George to go to work… 190/90 is a lot to deal with.

Dow is what, an inch or two shorter and 5kg lighter? Throw in the shameful situation with Cripps having to ruck and our size advantage at the stoppages and post-clearance is all but gone. That’s a situation that has seen us have our arses handed to us.

Fortunately, the filth have been woeful in that area, so we can be at least cautiously confident. It wouldn’t be the first time this year that we’ve found other ways to win.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:07 am 
Trevor Keogh

Arnhem blues wrote:
Happy for Dow.
I wish Martin was in for Motlop.
Both Kennedy and Martin are good marks and have presented up the ground when we are trying to exit defence.
Haven't seen Motlop take a contested mark at this stage...
Without Kennedy or Martin we seem to be left with TDK, Charlie and JSOS....

Spot on! This is precisely my concern. Cottrell's continued inclusion has helped with this - he's very strong overhead. But you have a guy like LOB on the wing who's very poor overhead. It's by no means a weakness consigned to medium-short players - Durdin markedly smaller but competes well in the air either taking strong marks or halving the contest.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 7:31 am 
Rod Ashman

Doubt many people thought Kennedy would be playing as well as he is even a year ago.
Let’s hope Voss has worked his magic on Dow and he shows himself to be worthy.
Doesn’t need to blow the l lights out, he just needs to be better than LDU!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 8:14 am 
Geoff Southby

SurreyBlue wrote:
Kennedy will be a huge loss but very happy to see Dow given a run. Hope he sticks close to Crippa and Hewett for the outside run and carry role. Looking for a big game from Cerra.

Agree with that Suzz . George has been the star , but now i reckon Cerra is due for a biggie . Cerra has surprised me actually , he is tougher and harder than i thought . As well as being a good outside runner he can go into the guts and get it himself . Paddy can skirt around the outside and good luck to him . Paddy provides a bit of zip to the side .

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 8:49 am 
Ken Hunter

bluedog wrote:
Disappointing we won't be wearing our proper jumpers for this match.

What jumpers are we wearing?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next