Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 10:30 am 
Ken Hunter

Swans kicked exceptionally well in the first half. I really felt like we should have been 60 pts up at half time based on how we were playing.
SurreyBlue wrote:
bender wrote:
i'm also rapt as i cant stand the gumby looking flog, blakey. i dunno why, he just gives me the irrits and seems like a right tosser

I thought I was the only one. Thank goodness it’s not just me.
Hahahaha same!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 10:36 am 
Rod Ashman

Yep, there’s just something about Blakey …
Thought I was the only one too !

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 10:38 am 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
I’m sure most of what I’m thinking has been covered by others but I just want to say 2 things;

1. We are winning with most of our best 22 not available nearly every week and we will be right in the mix come r22 with a very young, talented, hungry and full of belief list.
2. How good is it watching CFC supporters high five-ing, hugging, smiling and singing the theme song at the end of each game again. Seriously a feeling my kids are finally getting to know and enjoy.

Good night all and we have arrived.

Spot on Surrey.
My three teens have taken varying degrees of interest over the years but they’re now actively asking when we’re playing and hogging the family Kayo account :donk:
It’s great to see.

And now we get to enjoy the weekend’s footy knowing we’re already winners.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 10:49 am 
formerly Fevola

kennyhunter wrote:
Yep, there’s just something about Blakey …
Thought I was the only one too !

I kept on calling him Perm boy……. Bahahahaha

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:11 am 
Geoff Southby

For me , its about who we beat . The Sydney Swans . A club i have enormous time for . A great tough hard playing group , a fantastic uncompromising Coach . They have been a power for twenty years . A milestone win for mine . A turning point for our Club .

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:19 am 
Wayne Johnston

Headplant wrote:
Effes wrote:
Why was Parker being booed?

Gulden has been watching Selwood. Terrible antics but the umpires keep rewarding that rubbish.

I think it was because Parker did a massive disrespectful mocking shoulder shrug aimed at Dylan Shiel during last week's Essendon** game .... very un-Swans like and unprofessional, not to mention childish. It was caught clearly on camera and the topic of much discussion.

I loved it when Mr Tough man Parker was out pressured by O’Brien when he smothered his free kick.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:26 am 
Wayne Johnston

sammywaslow wrote:
Heavs wrote:
We got a pretty good roll in the first half. They got the same in the second.

When I saw the stats at half time I just knew the green would tilt their way. Human nature.

BUT … the decision which precipitated the swing was Heeney turning to face Cripps and simply pushing him backwards. Crippa grabbed him to stop himself falling backwards. They got a goal and the momentum swung, albeit subtley.

Pet hate of mine - if a backman takes his eyes off the ball for a split second he gets pinged for contact. How are taggers allowed to turn their back on the ball and focus solely on play makers like Cripps and get away with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the muppet commentators watched the replay of Heeney turing and running away from the ball up into Cripps, who was standing still facing the ball up, and knock him to the ground, and simply said “they just ran into each other and Cripps pulled him to the ground - nothing to see here”. FMD

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:36 am 
Rod Ashman

Sam Walsh on Crunchtime at the moment.
What a star!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:44 am 
Craig Bradley

Yep great interview all class

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:44 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Fantastic atmosphere … great result … thought we gifted them 5-6 goals through avoidable turnovers … so despite the second half fade-out still thought we could’ve won by more … Voss and Diesel after the game was great to see … next up the filth …

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:49 am 
Bruce Doull

Embarrassing that a Carlton supporter behind us spent the first half shouting racist and homophobic abuse at players from both teams.
Thankfully he shut up after security spoke to him.

Wanker.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:58 am 
Wayne Johnston

Did anyone see Syd Jackson at the coin toss? He forgot the coin and was looking a bit befuddled, then someone tossed a coin to him from off camera and he caught it as quick as a snake in one hand. He certainly still has the skills!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 12:09 pm 
Geoff Southby

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
Fantastic atmosphere … great result … thought we gifted them 5-6 goals through avoidable turnovers … so despite the second half fade-out still thought we could’ve won by more … Voss and Diesel after the game was great to see … next up the filth …

Shit , it just wasn't me . Agree J&K . Felt we kept 'em in the game . Thats inexperience i suppose .

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 12:13 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wojee wrote:
Embarrassing that a Carlton supporter behind us spent the first half shouting racist and homophobic abuse at players from both teams.

Wanker.

It’s sad that stuff happens particularly when there are kids around too.

Probably one of the things I fear going to the footy with my kids.

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 12:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

Terrific game. The second quarter was off the charts. Sydney were always going to come. I thought the team held tough when it mattered.
Obviously the stars shone
Curnow
Walsh
Weitering
all brilliant
Hewitt has been a fantastic addition
I like the use of Cripps in the ruck
Kennedy has become a very solid mid
Fisher has more edge it his game as a floating forward
Young a terrific swap for SPS
DeKoning’s best game. Won a lot of tap outs

The most pleasing aspect of the win was the contribution of the lesser lights
O’ Brien’s second half
Owies was impressive . Always liked his aggression
Durdin impressed again
Motlop looks like player with footy smarts. I would keep him in instead of Martin
Cottrell was terrific early and late.
Carroll was quiet but is good at what he does.
Both Cottrell and Carroll are better options than Setterfield.

I been banging on that the best bottom 6 players get you over the line in big games
That’s what happened last night
O,Riordan, Bell,Ladhams, Wicks, struggled

Hats off to the team.
Turn up next week with the light switch on and we should beat Collingwood

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 12:20 pm 
Ken Hands

Mickstar wrote:
For me , its about who we beat . The Sydney Swans . A club i have enormous time for . A great tough hard playing group , a fantastic uncompromising Coach . They have been a power for twenty years . A milestone win for mine . A turning point for our Club .

Spot on Mick. To think they would simply roll over after halftime was never going to happen. The boys did a great job to hang in there and get a well deserved win . Belief is growing within this group . Bring on the filth, will be a huge crowd at the G.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 12:46 pm 
Garry Crane

Wojee wrote:

Wanker.

Worth reporting to the club and telling them where you sat. They can then look at security footage and track down the culprit through various means.

Ban them. We don’t want those idiots at our club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 12:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

5 day break
Friday night football
44,000 there.
A tad undermanned in a few spots.
Against a highly drilled team of professionals.
The facts were on show - This Team has bought into the Plan according to Vossy and Co. So, so evident everyone is on the same page.
Vossy is well and truly on his way to having the Team playing a game that is sustainable and wins finals footy.
We have the toughness developing nicely, we just need to take steps towards the ruthless. Lions 3peat under Vossy knew all about being ruthless, so I day say we are on the way there as well.

On a side I note I absolutely loved seeing Diesel's big man-hug on Vossy, as they walked the boundary. Diesels joy was exploding from his face.

Life is good and getting better.

And TC - when we do faulter, and we will, just count to 10 and hold onto your bile and vitriol. If/when the team has a blip, trust in Vossy and Co and those above him to right the ship and power on.

A win against Collingwood and then the bye would be glorious. From there we can reset for a huge 3 months.

Ain't some positivity in Life grand, particularly with the Election today. :yikes:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 1:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

kennyhunter wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
I’m sure most of what I’m thinking has been covered by others but I just want to say 2 things;

1. We are winning with most of our best 22 not available nearly every week and we will be right in the mix come r22 with a very young, talented, hungry and full of belief list.
2. How good is it watching CFC supporters high five-ing, hugging, smiling and singing the theme song at the end of each game again. Seriously a feeling my kids are finally getting to know and enjoy.

Good night all and we have arrived.

Spot on Surrey.
My three teens have taken varying degrees of interest over the years but they’re now actively asking when we’re playing and hogging the family Kayo account :donk:
It’s great to see.

I have adult kids in there twenties ,, and they were along the fence after the game ,, hoping a Carlton would run past!! My kids genuinely can’t Belleve what is happening with this bluebaggers awakening!!
And now we get to enjoy the weekend’s footy knowing we’re already winners.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 1:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

Against a highly drilled professional outfit................Exactly Cazz . And they have been that way for a long long time . Thats one monkey off our backs .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next