Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 1:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
I responded, you didn't read it. I'm not repeating. Friday night pretty much summed up my thoughts anyway.

Say it.....
I
Was
Wrong

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Grumpy
I have got most things right in 16 years
We have been a disgrace
I don’t through roses coloured glasses like you do
But things are looking up

Apart from a few years with Judd we have been shit for 2 decades on and off field.

We were broke and broken. Even Pratt couldn't attract quality people to run the joint.

We couldn't attract anyone to the club of quality. Poison chalice.
I'm glad we got rid of crap coaches.
I'm glad the list is maturing and Sayers took the reigns as we expected he would 5 years ago.

We got ourselves out of debt and now we look and feel like a Top 4 club again. That's all that counts.

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
How about the win!!!
... and style we play, and game plan... its the same as what we saw and confirms what most of us thought in round 1.

The only difference between our rounds 1 & 10 games is in round 1 we thought the system, personnel and roles looked like Finals footy by a Finals team, in a Finals like atmosphere at the G, but we wondered if what we saw in preseason and this game was the new Carlton and a true Renaissance whereas after round 10 we know we are the real deal.

I agree with some of Keoghs hypotheticals regarding SOS, but disagree with most of his arguments because I find most of his revisionist argument is made up stuff.

Was Lyon offered the Head Coach Role by Sayers? Or
Was Lyon invited to apply for the Head Coach role by Sayers?
Big difference...and you assumption is wrong Keogh. You have to keep up with the news as it's released for public consumption, because it's more credible than made up stories.

Lyon expected the job without due process, presenting his case, when the details about the former female employee at Freo reared its head again, Lyon pulled out of the RACE. Good for Sayers. Good for us.

Your facts are not correct about Sayers Keogh, and like most of the points you assume the problem I have is you present as fact.

You are so out of mischievous.

Show some respect to yourself by showing some respect for the truth, for Kernahan (taking on a job no one wanted when Collins was about to hand over the keys), towards fellow posters here at TC who present facts we learn and share which we all appreciate and consider, for SOS' enormous challenge to balance the books and managing the salary cap (teaching the club how to manage the cap) and the week in week out efforts of the team for games they won games this year instead of belittling at every opportunity.

I feel you're coming around. Sayers got Cook, not the other way around.

Beautiful day at Princes Park. Dow looking good. Setters running with a bit more desperation, Boyd amazing....and Marchbank moves sooooo good.

I'm loving being in the sunshine city, Melbourne.

We will play Finals this year. Only thing to change moving forward is our boys will get fitter, stronger and match hardened by the time Finals come AND we will get back 6 or 7 key players who will improve us further...and Vossy lays some more layers to compete against the Dees.

We won with our youngest team this year.
We won with 9 under 22 players.
We won without Pittonet, Marchbank, McGovern, Martin, Williams....possibly Cuningham, Dow and Honey.

We are 3 games ahead of teams outside the 8 half way mark. That's great, and the jobs not done, but I don't think there's any signs of complacency from Coach and players. They just want it IMPROVE.

Give us The Cup.

Bondi,
The point is why would anyone approach Lyon in the first place.
That person to some degree is out of touch .
And to say that the expectation is we play finals is so ancient and out of touch
Kinnersly and other board members gave Sayers a good dose of reality with the first one
Cook did the same thing in reference to the second statement
Fact
Anyway great win Friday night

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 3:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
How about the win!!!
... and style we play, and game plan... its the same as what we saw and confirms what most of us thought in round 1.

The only difference between our rounds 1 & 10 games is in round 1 we thought the system, personnel and roles looked like Finals footy by a Finals team, in a Finals like atmosphere at the G, but we wondered if what we saw in preseason and this game was the new Carlton and a true Renaissance whereas after round 10 we know we are the real deal.

I agree with some of Keoghs hypotheticals regarding SOS, but disagree with most of his arguments because I find most of his revisionist argument is made up stuff.

Was Lyon offered the Head Coach Role by Sayers? Or
Was Lyon invited to apply for the Head Coach role by Sayers?
Big difference...and you assumption is wrong Keogh. You have to keep up with the news as it's released for public consumption, because it's more credible than made up stories.

Lyon expected the job without due process, presenting his case, when the details about the former female employee at Freo reared its head again, Lyon pulled out of the RACE. Good for Sayers. Good for us.

Your facts are not correct about Sayers Keogh, and like most of the points you assume the problem I have is you present as fact.

You are so out of mischievous.

Show some respect to yourself by showing some respect for the truth, for Kernahan (taking on a job no one wanted when Collins was about to hand over the keys), towards fellow posters here at TC who present facts we learn and share which we all appreciate and consider, for SOS' enormous challenge to balance the books and managing the salary cap (teaching the club how to manage the cap) and the week in week out efforts of the team for games they won games this year instead of belittling at every opportunity.

I feel you're coming around. Sayers got Cook, not the other way around.

Beautiful day at Princes Park. Dow looking good. Setters running with a bit more desperation, Boyd amazing....and Marchbank moves sooooo good.

I'm loving being in the sunshine city, Melbourne.

We will play Finals this year. Only thing to change moving forward is our boys will get fitter, stronger and match hardened by the time Finals come AND we will get back 6 or 7 key players who will improve us further...and Vossy lays some more layers to compete against the Dees.

We won with our youngest team this year.
We won with 9 under 22 players.
We won without Pittonet, Marchbank, McGovern, Martin, Williams....possibly Cuningham, Dow and Honey.

We are 3 games ahead of teams outside the 8 half way mark. That's great, and the jobs not done, but I don't think there's any signs of complacency from Coach and players. They just want it IMPROVE.

Give us The Cup.

Bondi,
The point is why would anyone approach Lyon in the first place.
That person to some degree is out of touch .
And to say that the expectation is we play finals is so ancient and out of touch
Kinnersly and other board members gave Sayers a good dose of reality with the first one
Cook did the same thing in reference to the second statement
Fact
Anyway great win Friday night

You need to do some of your own thinking as to why Lyon was invited to present, just as Voss was and others too: Perspective, ideas...plenty of reasons. I thought you didn't like the previous decision making process we conducted with Teague, Malthouse, Pagan.

But that's something in the past now, just as Jezza and Harris walking out in 79 was. We move past it.

We have all moved on from that and all your grievances you bring to the table adnauseum.

Jesus Christ Keogh...our purpose is to play Finals to contend for the Holy Grail. Not the song, but the cup. No. 17. You want to have a go at me for that? If I want to watch footy where Finals doesn't matter I'll watch my kid play in the Academy Cup: an intra club game looking at talent not results.

...and on that point my friend, you telling me I'm out of touch because I want and expect my team to play Finals tells me you have no idea what you're talking about and why the Blueboys cross the line.

I can't even work out why you would say that let alone have another go at my intelligence, again. I'm not playing one upmanship with you. Play that with yourself. You're strange. We are on different planets...and I'm not following you as you head flying towards the sun.

Get your facts right. You have no shame.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:29 am 
Harry Vallence

Can we have a separate thread for all Keogh related posts and discussions please?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 11:57 am 
Geoff Southby

What about a separate thread for Bondi Blue’s posts

When I was a Personal Trainer we had a picture of us with our favorite saying.
Mine was
“ The one constant in life is change”
So many people become redundant without knowing it
Have a look at The Coalition.
No better example
We haven’t been successful for so long because the powers to be whoever they were refuse to change let alone become forerunners which leads to onfield success as the effects of decisions made go down the chain.

Cripps Curnow Weitering and Walsh are terrific players

Cook and Kinnersly are just if not more important recruits
Cook has been a successful administrator for so long because he constantly adapts to change, isn’t stuck in the past and is a terrific perceptive people person

Before Cook arrived Sayers was saying we expect to play finals
Cook was asked about this by the media when he was appointed and dismissed it
He recognizes there is simply more to it than that

To me Sayers is a bit stuck in the past with that statement plus approaching Lyon at all
At least Luke was heavily involved in getting Cook

As an outsider I really like some of the powers at the top
As I have said you have got no chance of being successful on field with morons running off it
That’s been the club’s problem in a nut shell for two decades
There will be peaks and troughs
It’s a journey
It rarely happens instantly like the good old days
We are building a good brand
And whilst I preferred Kingsley Voss did suck it up after Brisbane gave him the arse and he learnt form his mistakes at Port
And he isn’t stuck in the past
Things are finally on an upward projectile

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 12:31 pm 
John James

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:02 pm 
Geoff Southby

You know Windy
About 15 years ago I met many TCs a BBQ at Princes Park
We stood and sat in the right forward pocket at the now defunct Heatley Stand End sucking on beers and snags.
We all agreed that our pre-conceived perceptions of each other based on our posts was quite misleading
Many were surprised at what a positive interesting guy I was.
Someone who rarely repeats themselves
Perhaps my perception of you is misleading as well.
Why don’t you put your computer skills to good use one come up with another clever caption
Aren’t phones so useful
And wouldn’t the world be such an utterly boring place if we all thought the same

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
You know Windy
We stood and sat in the right forward pocket at the now defunct Heatley Stand End sucking on beers and snags.
We all agreed that our pre-conceived perceptions of each other based on our posts was quite misleading
Why don’t you put your computer skills to good use one come up with another clever caption
Aren’t phones so useful
And wouldn’t the world be such an utterly boring place if we all thought the same

Maybe they were just being nice because you were sucking on snags :sly:

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:12 pm 
Wayne Johnston

keogh wrote:
What about a separate thread for Bondi Blue’s posts

When I was a Personal Trainer we had a picture of us with our favorite saying.
Mine was
“ The one constant in life is change”
So many people become redundant without knowing it
Have a look at The Coalition.
No better example
We haven’t been successful for so long because the powers to be whoever they were refuse to change let alone become forerunners which leads to onfield success as the effects of decisions made go down the chain.

Cripps Curnow Weitering and Walsh are terrific players

Cook and Kinnersly are just if not more important recruits
Cook has been a successful administrator for so long because he constantly adapts to change, isn’t stuck in the past and is a terrific perceptive people person

Before Cook arrived Sayers was saying we expect to play finals
Cook was asked about this by the media when he was appointed and dismissed it
He recognizes there is simply more to it than that

To me Sayers is a bit stuck in the past with that statement plus approaching Lyon at all
At least Luke was heavily involved in getting Cook

As an outsider I really like some of the powers at the top
As I have said you have got no chance of being successful on field with morons running off it
That’s been the club’s problem in a nut shell for two decades
There will be peaks and troughs
It’s a journey
It rarely happens instantly like the good old days
We are building a good brand
And whilst I preferred Kingsley Voss did suck it up after Brisbane gave him the arse and he learnt form his mistakes at Port
And he isn’t stuck in the past
Things are finally on an upward projectile

The fish rots from the head, we should have a thread on that…..

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:23 pm 
Geoff Southby

showbag wrote:
keogh wrote:
You know Windy
Aren’t phones so useful

Maybe they were just being nice because you were sucking on snags :sly:

Ha ha
It was a good day
Many fine people including yours truly
I dare say if you had one now with who goes on here it would a cure for insomnia.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

keogh wrote:
You know Windy
Aren’t phones so useful

Never went to that barbecue . Sounds like i missed something . I haven't met a huge amount of TCer's , but i have met a few and every single one have been terrific blokes . Been a pleasure to be in there company .

P S .............you are a muso Keogh ? got a son who is one of those and i have met a heap of "em . No offence " Special K " but shit they are a highly strung temperamental lot . But they are all passionate about what they do and i reckon that comes out in your posts Keogh . Good for you mate , no good being a pretender and saying one thing and meaning another .

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

Vic and Pearl
Attachment:
C695E6D7-7398-4CCD-B9AC-E2678F279FF1.jpeg
C695E6D7-7398-4CCD-B9AC-E2678F279FF1.jpeg [ 78.75 KiB | Viewed 33785 times ]

We play covers in SW of WA
And very passionate about everything I want to be passionate about
That includes CFC
The good and the bad

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

I was there Keogh. If memory serves, you me & tommi sat in the middle of PP & shared some of tommi's finest :grin:

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:
I was there Keogh. If memory serves, you me & tommi sat in the middle of PP & shared some of tommi's finest :grin:

Tommi is also a muso i believe . A drummer . Thats what my son does . The drummer's are usually the good blokes who try to placate that creative tension between the singer and the lead guitarist so i believe . And the bass guitarist is usually pissed off that he aint the lead guitarist . Is that something near it " K " , Tommi ?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:

Yeah I think that might have happened
The centre square hasn’t been he same since
I was trying to find some photos in Talking Socials
I know Jarusa took some
Tommi was exactly how I pictured him

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:35 pm 
Geoff Southby

My only regret was that Synbad was a late withdrawal
Never got to meet the great man

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

keogh wrote:
My only regret was that Synbad was a late withdrawal
Never got to meet the great man

You pissing people off Keogh makes me laugh coz you aint got nothin' compared to Synbad . Faaark , did he go in hard . For the ball and the man . Talk about take no prisoners , he was the ultimate . Bit of a David Rhys-Jones our Synbad . Fantastic bloke to be in his company but an absolute phscho when he hit the keyboard sorta like Rhys-Jones when he crossed the white line .

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:56 pm 
Geoff Southby

I have heard he is a good bloke
Wish he would come back
Obviously was an admire of his work

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

keogh wrote:
Vic and Pearl
Attachment:
C695E6D7-7398-4CCD-B9AC-E2678F279FF1.jpeg

We play covers in SW of WA
And very passionate about everything I want to be passionate about
That includes CFC
The good and the bad

so covers = songs from the past...

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AFLCA Votes

9 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
8 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
7 Sam Walsh (CARL)
4 George Hewett (CARL)
1 Luke Parker (SYD)
1 Sam Docherty (CARL)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next