Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:19 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

$4.50 on sportsbet not to make it..... Seems like excellent value

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:58 am 
Bruce Doull

Interesting….

we’ve gone out to $26 for the flag…!

i put another 40 down for a spot collect…!

did some sums…I’ve now had 7 bets that
accumulate to 300 dollars…for a 5 grand collect…!

all the eggs in one basket…!

kindest regards tommi

i don’t play the horses these days…spring
carnival sure…but other than that…it’s just
some golf or future football bets…!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:41 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kingkerna wrote:

The ultimate win-win

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:30 am 
Stephen Kernahan

jezzarules wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

The ultimate win-win

yeah - I might sacrifice a pineapple to make sure we get there. Hero is probably too strong a word.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:18 am 
Ken Hunter

I would definitely take those odds if a mate was offering them - like you say, a wise karmic investment. I just don't want to fund the sports betting industry. So it's back to crossed fingers and clenched bumcheeks for me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:41 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Heavs wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

The ultimate win-win

yeah - I might sacrifice a pineapple to make sure we get there. Hero is probably too strong a word.

Nope, you can be my hero baby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:26 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Cazzesman wrote:
Like everyone I was gutted at the weekends performance. But........

It has put the club in a brilliant position to really show if we have come along way this year, or just got lucky a few times. I don't think we have gotten lucky, I think we have played some great footy at times.

If we drop our bundle now and miss the finals, 85,000 supporters will have every right to be filthy.

We are well and truly back to the contribution of our bottom 6 players. Their collective efforts hold the key for the final 3 games. I actually think it is more like our bottom 8, but I won't split hairs.

Basically our finals starts 3 weeks ahead of time.

Lets see if these 3 games sort the real contenders from the pretenders. Who are the ones just happy to be on a list and collect their pay cheque and who actually want to be a part of something special over the next 3-4 years. Not many chances left for a few of them. Just 20 days by my calculations.

Go Blues.

Regards Cazzesman

I don't think the leaders nor the coach should get off so lightly.

Cripps and Walsh were among those who didn't tackle well the other night. And I can't remember less effective 40 touch games.
Saad was beaten.
McKay has been poor for weeks now, dropping so many marks I lose count.
Weitering's form coming back in has been poor. I know he missed some games but it was 5 not 15. I expected more.

Leaders are supposed to lead, that's the whole point.

And as for the coach, well we got an insight last year about what clubs look for in a coach and a major element was the intangible, as opposed to tactics. Well surely motivating the players is an important facet. Well not being able to win 2 games in a row for 2 months is an indictment in anyone's language. And our tactical edge, that nice little novelty the forward handball at stoppages has been taken away from us, as has our lovely ball movement off half back. I'd actually argue we move the ball too slowly anyhow. The best teams of late (Melb, Rich, and even now Coll) move the ball extremely quickly off the back of great team defense. And then there's the fumbling around with the rucks and JSOS and the tall forwardline, that looks to have added to our derailed season. No, the coach has a fair bit to answer for too. Remember, he said we would play our best footy late in the year.

Singling out the bottom 6 or 8 alone is weak as piss.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:15 am 
Rod Ashman

Paddycripps wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:

It has put the club in a brilliant position to really show if we have come along way this year, or just got lucky a few times. I don't think we have gotten lucky, I think we have played some great footy at times.

If we drop our bundle now and miss the finals, 85,000 supporters will have every right to be filthy.

We are well and truly back to the contribution of our bottom 6 players. Their collective efforts hold the key for the final 3 games. I actually think it is more like our bottom 8, but I won't split hairs.

Lets see if these 3 games sort the real contenders from the pretenders. Who are the ones just happy to be on a list and collect their pay cheque and who actually want to be a part of something special over the next 3-4 years. Not many chances left for a few of them. Just 20 days by my calculations.

Go Blues.

Regards Cazzesman

Cripps and Walsh were among those who didn't tackle well the other night. And I can't remember less effective 40 touch games.
Saad was beaten.
Weitering's form coming back in has been poor. I know he missed some games but it was 5 not 15. I expected more.

And as for the coach, well we got an insight last year about what clubs look for in a coach and a major element was the intangible, as opposed to tactics. Well surely motivating the players is an important facet. Well not being able to win 2 games in a row for 2 months is an indictment in anyone's language. And our tactical edge, that nice little novelty the forward handball at stoppages has been taken away from us, as has our lovely ball movement off half back. I'd actually argue we move the ball too slowly anyhow. The best teams of late (Melb, Rich, and even now Coll) move the ball extremely quickly off the back of great team defense. And then there's the fumbling around with the rucks and JSOS and the tall forwardline, that looks to have added to our derailed season. No, the coach has a fair bit to answer for too. Remember, he said we would play our best footy late in the year.

That is a very old and outdated statement. Everyone now knows that you need to provide an environment that enables the players to be internally motivated. A coach cannot motivate his players anymore than he can tell them how to think. The side is still young, the coaches getting to know the nuances of each player and the game plan developing around the players. I get we all got overexcited especially with the wins against Sydney and Fremantle but we are better than last year and that is what I hang my hat on at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:18 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:

Go Blues.

Regards Cazzesman

Saad was beaten.

Paddy, I think you've got an axe to grind with Voss because, I'm assuming you didn't like and still haven't got over the Teague sacking, let alone accepting his failure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:49 am 
Ken Hunter

Paddycripps wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:

Go Blues.

Regards Cazzesman

Saad was beaten.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well atleast your dog and cat must feel safe. :yikes: Have at it Paddy, I'm here all week.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:57 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cripps and Walsh were where the action was, head down and won the hard ball. I dont buy Robbo's hype, nor yours that Walsh was insignificant.

Those 2 won 36 contests and entered many many more than that. They matched their opponents in centre clearances. To suggest they weren't leading, well you can't do more than put your head over the ball more than a dozen times a quarter.

There was footage of Cripps and Walsh missing a tackle. Yes they did, but that happens every game for nearly every player. Its the other 21 missed tackles that should be in the spotlight...yep, the bottom 6-8 players.

You have to look at who was on the receiving end of their hard work, ie the 46 handball receives, and secondly, its not news that LOB, Setterfield, Fisher, Plowman, Cottrell are not the hardest at the ball, the opponent and their ineffectiveness in the physical stakes should be highlighted, and singled out (every week). Its a cop out to give them any escape from the spotlight imo.

Its all we have for this year, but I'm looking at next year. I know what I'm going to get from Cripps and Walsh week in week out, and losing Kennedy and Hewett put on a heavier load on those 2. We should all be grateful of the heavy load they had to carry.

The forwards physical presence was pathetic, and Charlie and Harry didnt lay one single tackle. I dont think Owies, Durdin and Motlop intimidated anyone either. 2 of them are 19yo and 20yo.

Problem was Walsh and Cripps had no support from the other selected players on the weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Voss didnt know his team would be decimated by injury when he said we would be better in the 2nd half.
He knew he would be getting Pitto, Gov and Marchy back, but he didn't know his team would be in this position since he made that comment:

Carlton had 12 out in our win against GWS
Carlton had 14 out in our win against WCE in Perth
Carlton had 17 out in our win against Freo
Carlton had 12 out in our win against Sydney
Carlton had 12 out in our win against GWS in Sydney
Carlton had 11 out in our win against Crows

and in between those games came losses with a similar number out injured.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kingkerna wrote:

Has now shortened to $4.20

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:01 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Humpers wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Still good value

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

kingkerna wrote:
Humpers wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Still good value

Probably good value at $1.50…

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:32 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

GWS wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
Humpers wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Still good value

After this week it will be $3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:52 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kingkerna wrote:
GWS wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
Humpers wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Still good value

After this week it will be $3

Port will be tough to beat in Adelaide. Also Freo have been playing better away from home this season and will be fired up after their dismal showing against the Dees last week.
If neither win I think finals are unlikely for us.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:17 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sportsbet now has us $4.00 to miss finals - was $4.50 yesterday.
Still good value.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:22 am 
Bruce Doull

OI….

relax everyone…we’re playing finals…!

or at least we’re playing final…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:25 am 
Ken Hunter

I'm assuming it's Carlton fans driving those odds down. :D

Be careful not to let the negativity take hold... It can seep through to the team! Be belligerent, be arrogant Carlton cauliflower. We will beat Brisbane and Melbourne, and I double dare Collingwood to look for lucky #13 against our mob. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 54  Next