Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

Imagine if we do a reverse of last year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

missnaut wrote:

I admit, I do. Lots. Coz it feels good, first of all, and its possible.

The reverse of last year, like you say. That's good a good ring to it. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
tommi wrote:
Oh my….

they are Bondy…they still are…!

not to mention we’re paying 151$ for the flag…!

kindest regards tommi

I have a feeling that 12 wins may not be needed this year with all the upsets week in week out.

If we beat the Hawks and Dockers in the next 2 games, and Effendopes lose to Port and Crows, we are only 2 points behind Effendopes with 7 games to play.

We get to play against teams above us like Dockers, Saints, Suns and GWS to help us be on par or above with all but Saints...but Saints have Lions twice, Dees, Cats, Tigers and Hawks, North Eagles and Suns away.

Saints Effendopes and Doggies are all on 8 wins, Crows on 7. We are 5 1/2.

OK you have convinced me

That I need some meth badly :banghead:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
tommi wrote:
Oh my….

kindest regards tommi

I have a feeling that 12 wins may not be needed this year with all the upsets week in week out.

If we beat the Hawks and Dockers in the next 2 games, and Effendopes lose to Port and Crows, we are only 2 points behind Effendopes with 7 games to play.

We get to play against teams above us like Dockers, Saints, Suns and GWS to help us be on par or above with all but Saints...but Saints have Lions twice, Dees, Cats, Tigers and Hawks, North Eagles and Suns away.

OK you have convinced me

Yeah sorry Paddy.
We need to keep winning. I believe they can, but like you, I dont trust them yet.

After Cats 7th win last night they're closer to the pin with 5 home games ahead of them.

A form drop or injury to Saints, Crows and Doggies, Effendopes and 2 of them to drop out of the 8, hopefully we don't rely on 3 of them dropping out.

The next 10 weeks will tell us a lot about our list. Hopefully, surprise us.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:09 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I think we may have a new tactic at centre bounces. I noticed we were quick to apply pressure on the oppositions mids if they got first possession. Sort of flipping what teams have been doing to Cripps. Not sure if this is by design but if it is it could be a game changer for us as it all starts in the middle. One would like to think our midfield coach has not spent the last 10 weeks sitting on his hands. Have the coaches cracked the code? We will learn more next weekend. I have a sneaky suspicion we will take Hawthorn to the cleaners .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:33 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://youtu.be/Fli8Av_86tg

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
I think we may have a new tactic at centre bounces. I noticed we were quick to apply pressure on the oppositions mids if they got first possession. Sort of flipping what teams have been doing to Cripps. Not sure if this is by design but if it is it could be a game changer for us as it all starts in the middle. One would like to think our midfield coach has not spent the last 10 weeks sitting on his hands. Have the coaches cracked the code? We will learn more next weekend. I have a sneaky suspicion we will take Hawthorn to the cleaners .

That's really interesting.

It makes our search for a dominant ruckman and forward-ruck less important if we learn to read the oppositions ruck and close in on their mids.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:22 pm 
Rod Ashman

Paddycripps wrote:

I have the same sneaky suspicion PC.
GO BLUES!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:45 pm 
formerly BlueRob

bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
tommi wrote:
Oh my….

kindest regards tommi

OK you have convinced me

Yeah sorry Paddy.
We need to keep winning. I believe they can, but like you, I dont trust them yet.

After Cats 7th win last night they're closer to the pin with 5 home games ahead of them.

A form drop or injury to Saints, Crows and Doggies, Effendopes and 2 of them to drop out of the 8, hopefully we don't rely on 3 of them dropping out.

With the extra game this year I think we would need to win 13.5 games. I think there is very little chance of that happening, however if we win the next 3 then I would see a very small spark.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:03 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigBlueWave wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
tommi wrote:
Oh my….

kindest regards tommi

OK you have convinced me

Yeah sorry Paddy.

With the extra game this year I think we would need to win 13.5 games. I think there is very little chance of that happening, however if we win the next 3 then I would see a very small spark.

But with the competition being more even than ever before, and surprise results the norm, the extra game may not necessarily equate to a target of 13 games. Maybe I'm being hopeful, but the task is huge for all teams 5th-14th.

Which of the teams below are going to win 13 games? First Number shown, is the number of games won after 14 games with 9 to go, 2nd number is no. of games needed to get to 13, or 13.5 for us:

8 Effendopes ... 5/9
8 Saints ... 5/9
8 Dogs ... 5/9
7 Crows ... 6/10

7 Cats ... 6/9
7 Freo ... 6/9
6 Tigers... 7/9
6 Swans ... 7/9
6 GWS ... 7/9
6 GCS ... 7/10

5.5 CARLTON 7/9

I just can't see the above happening to reach 13 wins to make the Finals, with 9 rounds to go for hardly any team really.

I think its 12 and all the abovementioned teams have a challenge ahead of them, with Cats 5 games at GBHBA the best chance to get 13 wins

Like you said, win the next 3 and, like last year, there's certainly Finals to play for. Might have to be satisfied with 9th...and we all know what happens to teams who end up 9th in consecutive years.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

missnaut wrote:

Fingers crossed but don’t hold your breath.
Was told by an opposition supporter this week, CFC won because the pressure was off. Can’t cope with the spotlight and should not be on prime time for that very reason. Damn hard to argue with that. :yikes:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Crom not helping us

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:12 pm 
Craig Bradley

Hope is a dangerous thing...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

SurreyBlue wrote:
missnaut wrote:

Was told by an opposition supporter this week, CFC won because the pressure was off. Can’t cope with the spotlight and should not be on prime time for that very reason. Damn hard to argue with that. :yikes:
Oh most likely.

It would just be quite funny.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:57 pm 
Bob Chitty

SurreyBlue wrote:
missnaut wrote:

Agreed SB. Could potentially see us knocking up some late wins without the pressure on but ultimately we’ve failed so far when the pressure and expectation was there. I hope we knock up some wins to finish the year but if they go to pre season happy about coming 11th due to some late wins, they are kidding themselves.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

carntheblues wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

I have the same sneaky suspicion PC.
GO BLUES!

I also noticed TDK was a lot more prepared to use his body - esp to shepherd for our mids - which also made a v big difference,, allowing us to turn our first possessions into more clearances.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:45 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
Most of the CB last week Cripps was on the opposite side of stoppages to where he has been most of the year.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:28 pm 
Harry Vallence

We only had to win TWO of those 6 losses in a row, and we'd be 8th! If one of those two was against Essendon*, we would have been above them!

Such a wasted year so far :banghead:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:17 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:

Which of the teams below are going to win 13 games? First Number shown, is the number of games won after 14 games with 9 to go, 2nd number is no. of games needed to get to 13, or 13.5 for us:

8 Effendopes ... 5/9
8 Saints ... 5/9
8 Dogs ... 5/9
7 Crows ... 6/9

7 Cats ... 6/9
7 Freo ... 6/9
6 GCS ... 6/9

6 Tigers... 7/9
6 Swans ... 7/9
6 GWS ... 7/9

5.5 CARLTON 7/9

I just can't see the above happening to reach 13 wins to make the Finals, with 9 rounds to go for hardly any team really.

I think its 12 and all the abovementioned teams have a challenge ahead of them, with Cats 5 games at GBHBA the best chance to get 13 wins

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

We’re still hanging on to the ‘mathematically possible’ tag, but we’ll need to put a space on Hawthorn this week.

By the time we play west coast again, the sacked coach phenomenon will be in play. They’re still a hopeless bunch of f--ks, but we might find it hard to put another 100 on them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 54  Next