Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:39 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
With indigenous round played this week and Martin and Williams both out injured, Motlop will most likely be selected to play given he's the only indigenous player left standing. Just a hunch.

Someone indigenous has to call the coin toss.

Think he deserves his spot anyway. Didn't get much of it but seemed a safe pair of hands. Looks a LT player. Skilled and poised. Freaked out a couple times but by and large looks poised. Wouldn't surprise if he bags multiples on Friday night.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Paddycripps wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
This mob are highly gettable .

So was Debbie Wilson in Year 8.

Did you go to a school in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs? :eek:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Vossy mentioned in his presser that we “won a different way” (or words to that effect), which is great - when we have to.

To preserve the ‘base’ set up that has seen the side evolve, I would think Young and Stocker will definitely come back in this week. We’ll also retain the four smalls in the forward line.

Where the outs come from is tricky.

Newman had nine score involvements from 19 disposals. He’s down for just four clangers, including two frees against. He’s has better disposal volume, but that’s about as influential as you can be from a back pocket.

Similarly, Kemp had half a dozen score involvements from a key defensive post - and was the genesis of three of those chains. Suffice to say, he was better offensively than he was defensively.

Carroll was a bit flat & might be the unlucky one.

Newnes is a solution for every zone, so he’s likely to stay in.

Def: Weitering, Young, Plowman, Newman, Docherty, Saad, Stocker
Mids: De Koning, Cripps, Kennedy, Hewett, Walsh, Cerra, Newnes, O’Brien/Carroll
Fwd: Curnow, Silvagni, Kemp, Fisher, Owies, Durdin, Motlop

Out: Williams, Cottrell (sub), O’Brien or Carroll
In: Young, Stocker

I'm not an LOB fan by any means, but he aint getting dropped.
I think Carroll is a ripper and has a big future, but tend to agree that he may need to go back for a couple of weeks.
If he does, I'd likely bring Dow in ahead of Stocker. I'd leave Cottrell as sub.
So for me:
Out: Williams, Carroll
In: Young, Dow

Why are fans obsessed with Dow?
He hasn't been picked all year. It's hard to see him getting a game unless we have multiple mids injured.
There is this thing going around with Carlton supporters it's an illness and I have had it myself . We start to think whenever someone is injured or not getting a game that we are keeping a potential triple brownlow medallist out. And if we trade or delist them and someone else picks them up we need several sessions of therapy to get over it.

It's a horrible disease to catch and it takes over your life and some go onto develop pick syndrome where it doesn't matter what choice you have it's always the wrong one

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Vossy mentioned in his presser that we “won a different way” (or words to that effect), which is great - when we have to.

To preserve the ‘base’ set up that has seen the side evolve, I would think Young and Stocker will definitely come back in this week. We’ll also retain the four smalls in the forward line.

Newman had nine score involvements from 19 disposals. He’s down for just four clangers, including two frees against. He’s has better disposal volume, but that’s about as influential as you can be from a back pocket.

Similarly, Kemp had half a dozen score involvements from a key defensive post - and was the genesis of three of those chains. Suffice to say, he was better offensively than he was defensively.

I think Carroll is a ripper and has a big future, but tend to agree that he may need to go back for a couple of weeks.
If he does, I'd likely bring Dow in ahead of Stocker. I'd leave Cottrell as sub.
So for me:

He hasn't been picked all year. It's hard to see him getting a game unless we have multiple mids injured.
There is this thing going around with Carlton supporters it's an illness and I have had it myself . We start to think whenever someone is injured or not getting a game that we are keeping a potential triple brownlow medallist out. And if we trade or delist them and someone else picks them up we need several sessions of therapy to get over it.

It's a horrible disease to catch and it takes over your life and some go onto develop pick syndrome where it doesn't matter what choice you have it's always the wrong one

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:40 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Crusader wrote:

So for me:

:lol:

I'm not a Dow fan. I've made that clear multiple times. I even said 3 years ago I didn't think he'd make it.
However, Vosdy had said he'd reward good vfl form. He had been in good vfl form. If Carroll is omitted he is a far closer like for like than Stocker.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

Row row row your bottom suspension stands.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:02 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:
Row row row your bottom suspension stands.

Sad for his friends and family in Melbourne, but good for Carlton.
He's a big bodied, real hard nut. One less Hewett has to contend with in the clinches.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:17 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Watch this and you will see why we will win this game vs Swans.

All the "sore" players ( Twitter), Kennedy, Motley, Carroll and Cottrell have fronted for the "Brutal" training session.

Surprised by the brutality given its only a 5 day break between games.

Voss conditioning this group to be Warriors.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/1128869/voss-wired-for-sound-ch7?videoId=1128869&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1652746913001

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:24 am 
Ken Hunter

Just love what Bossy is doing. Just love it, but more importantly, it seems to me the boys are engaging.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:37 am 
Rod Ashman

Is it bad that the Swans get to see this and prepare or use it to fire up; or good to get them nervous about what's about to come their way??

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:45 am 
Harry Vallence

All the press around Essendon* soft/Parker hard all week should give us an additional motivation to come out and absolutely dominate Sydney physically. Smash Parker legally too and show him that we can do it too.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:52 am 
Geoff Southby

Scotty12000 wrote:
All the press around Essendon** soft/Parker hard all week should give us an additional motivation to come out and absolutely dominate Sydney physically. Smash Parker legally too and show him that we can do it too.

There is history between Parker and Shiel . It goes back to when they were little kids and the local comp down here .

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:04 am 
Adrian Gallagher

bondiblue wrote:

All the "sore" players ( Twitter), Kennedy, Motley, Carroll and Cottrell have fronted for the "Brutal" training session.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/1128869/voss-wired-for-sound-ch7?videoId=1128869&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1652746913001

Bondi, I don't want to rain on your parade. I agree, it's a fantastic clip of Vossy and the team in sync.....but, if you notice, Zac Williams is in the clip and he's running around like a, dare I say, unbridled colt. And given he was injured on Sunday, I doubt that clip was made after that. Just my thoughts......

But, I agree with you again- I think we will win :wink: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 12:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

It was Thursday prior to GWS I think I read.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mickstar wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:
All the press around Essendon*** soft/Parker hard all week should give us an additional motivation to come out and absolutely dominate Sydney physically. Smash Parker legally too and show him that we can do it too.

There is history between Parker and Shiel . It goes back to when they were little kids and the local comp down here .

Were they fighting for Debbie Wilson's attention?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

backinblue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Bondi, I don't want to rain on your parade. I agree, it's a fantastic clip of Vossy and the team in sync.....but, if you notice, Zac Williams is in the clip and he's running around like a, dare I say, unbridled colt. And given he was injured on Sunday, I doubt that clip was made after that. Just my thoughts......

:mad: :grin:

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 3:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

backinblue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't trust our website anymore .... I feel deceived, let alone, gullible

Well spotted backinblue...you obviously have an eye for detail...I was looking for the 4 'sore' players

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 3:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:

That video was prior to the GWS game

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 3:51 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

bondiblue wrote:
backinblue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't trust our website anymore .... I feel deceived, let alone, gullible

Well spotted backinblue...you obviously have an eye for detail...I was looking for the 4 'sore' players

All good :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 4:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

deano35 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

That video was prior to the GWS game

Yeah, I'm still cracking up over that.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next