Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 6:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
deano35 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Watch this and you will see why we will win this game vs Swans.

All the "sore" players ( Twitter), Kennedy, Motley, Carroll and Cottrell have fronted for the "Brutal" training session.

Surprised by the brutality given its only a 5 day break between games.

Voss conditioning this group to be Warriors.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/1128869/voss-wired-for-sound-ch7?videoId=1128869&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1652746913001

That video was prior to the GWS game

Yeah, I'm still cracking up over that.

The video is captioned "See what AFL Senior Coach Michael Voss had to say on the track during the Blues' training session last week, courtesy of Channel 7."

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:17 pm 
Rod Ashman

Paddycripps wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:
All the press around Essendon**** soft/Parker hard all week should give us an additional motivation to come out and absolutely dominate Sydney physically. Smash Parker legally too and show him that we can do it too.

There is history between Parker and Shiel . It goes back to when they were little kids and the local comp down here .

Were they fighting for Debbie Wilson's attention?

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 11:33 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Young and Stocker confirmed ins

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 11:34 am 
Stephen Kernahan

:thumbsup:
Good selections

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 12:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 12:40 pm 
Rod Ashman

Does anyone else have a sinking feeling that we may get smashed tomorrow night?
I hope I am wrong.
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 12:45 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

not smashed but I suspect our defense will get run over

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 12:59 pm 
Serge Silvagni

I’m interested in a couple of defensive matchups this week.

Who will take on Franklin? In the forward fifty you would assume that Weitering will comfortably play on him. However, would he follow Franklin up the ground and try to quell his ability to shoot from beyond fifty? Jones was a natural matchup for him in previous years but I’m unsure how the club will play it this week. Big assignment for Young if they go in that direction.

Williams would have been a good match up for Heeney who has been a match winner this year. Plowman?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 1:04 pm 
Bert Deacon

titimus wrote:
Who will take on Franklin?
Where's Alex Silvagni when you need him?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 1:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

kingkerna wrote:

Why? Our midfield is so much better and will control the footy and keep pressure on and adding Young & Stocker to our defence makes it's better

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 1:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

FarmerBlue wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Why? Our midfield is so much better and will control the footy and keep pressure on and adding Young & Stocker to our defence makes it's better

I reckon our midfield is better but not vastly. Swans are a good unit.

The thing I am concerned about is the 5 day break, after a testing game against GWS.

Anyway, Blues by 12 points

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 1:28 pm 
Robert Walls

FarmerBlue wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Exactly!! The best way to shut down an opposition's forward line is to limit their supply.

The only way I see the Swans getting on top in this game is if we lose the midfield battle. Break even or win it and we are on our way.

On paper our midfield should win, however the 5 day break is going to make things tougher.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 1:36 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

TDK against Ladhams and Hickey may be a major worry.
Their small defenders should struggle with our small forwards although I'd expect Campbell may come back in to add a bit of youth to their backline.
Young will probably take McDonald and leave Weiters for Buddy. Personally, I hope the MC have a better plan in place. Buddy will drag Weitering up the ground so he needs to handover to another player.
As much as some will be horrified, Plowman has played well on Papley but does he get the job on him or Heeney?
Personally I'd let Saad take Papley, Stocker on Heeney and Plowman on the resting mid (Parker/Florent/Warner) and let him handover with Weitering when Buddy goes up the ground.
Callum Mills has become their best mid but Chad Warner isn't far behind. Expect it to be a scrap in the middle with Sydney trying to get secondary stoppages and then bringing numbers to the contest.

Blakey and Gulden are their run and receive ball users and they both use it well so our forwards and mids will have to be on their toes in defensive transition.
We should win but our ball use going forward will be critical. The McCartin's have the ability to blanket Charlie so Charlie needs to get isolation and try to beat Tom with strength. Last week JSOS played a great team role dragging his opponent away from Charlie but I doubt the Swans will fall for that. We need to use the ball well and hit up leading targets at every opportunity.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 1:37 pm 
Robert Walls

Sydney Blue wrote:
Young and Stocker confirmed ins

Great ins!!

Can't wait to watch Stocker smashing blokes again. He brings even more toughness to this team that Vossy would love.

So, I am guessing it will be one of the young guys to make way this week? You would think it would be Kemp based on a like-for-like replacement in Young, but I didn't mind his game last week and would like to see him get a run of a couple of games in a row. Same with Motlop. So that leaves Carroll or Cottrell, but it doesn't seem fair on either of them. Perhaps Carroll will make way as he has had a couple in a row now?

How nice is it to still have selection dilemmas despite having such a massive injury list! :smile:

Blues by 26 points. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 1:38 pm 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

The thing I am concerned about is the 5 day break, after a testing game against GWS.

Yep and Swans coming off a bye.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 1:45 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Lol

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 1:53 pm 
Robert Walls

muzza wrote:
CK95 wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Yep and Swans coming off a bye.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They had to deal with Shiel and Heppell's hard bodies smashing into them all night - they will be the walking wounded.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 2:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

Like many, I think this game will be won in the middle.

HOWEVER, that is provided we had solid plans down back and up front that are reasonably effective.

Down back, the three hard nuts to crack are Buddy, Heeney & Papley. The obvious roles for me are Weitering to Buddy, Plowman to Heeney, and one of Newman or Stocker on Papley (the other looking after Gulden/Hayward). Leaving Docherty and Saad to mainly run free.
However, I'm not certain Weitering is the best option for Buddy. I reckon Weitering will keep him quiet but is he better used on, say, Heeney who is more of a threat in the air?
I suspect Young will be given the task on Logan McDonad.

Up forward, we will need to make sure we have a pretty good system, or intentional chaos. Not hold up the ball and then bomb it long. If we can get a kicker free to deliver the ball in cleanly, this will be the key. i.e. midfield dominance.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 3:56 pm 
formerly King Kenny

To those wanting Owies dropped, you might want to compare his output to Durdin.

Both are playing a role.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 4:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

I don't think Voss is especially the way he trained them this week. Apparently on of their hardest weeks

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next