Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 7:52 pm 
Ken Hunter

Win!

Five day turnaround to follow this game.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 8:07 pm 
Rod Ashman

Another statement game. Just like Norf these cauliflowers have taken liberties over the years.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 8:39 pm 
Craig Bradley

Motlop?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 8:53 pm 
Geoff Southby

Crusader wrote:
Motlop?

I was getting endlessly frustrated with Owies and Durdin never at the fall of the ball when Charlie and Harry went for marks. They did other things, and Martin being injured will get us a look at Motlop you'd imagine.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 8:59 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Hewett for Martin
If Plowman plays I don't want him anywhere near Toby Greene.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yep it'll be Hewitt if he's right. Motlop didn't set the world on fire last night from the bits I saw.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:14 pm 
Bob Chitty

Crusader wrote:
Motlop?

Not yet ready to step up to firsts footy though there are flashes that I like.

Doubt Marchy would be considered off 1 game in the 2s on managed minutes (rested last quarter) but who knows. Possible outs from todays performance would be Martin (injury - and quiet even before that), Boyd, Owies and Durdin. Cottrell did well given he only came on at half time and I thought Owies and Durdin did OK at their jobs, just a little quiet. Durdin more likely at risk but he seems to be being used further up the ground than the small forward position he nominally plays and that means there are different metrics to the ones usually used for a small forward (mainly goals, goals assists and defensive pressure inside 50). Boyd was I thought better than he previously has been and seems to be a bit of a match committee favourite so may survive another week. I think he has tremendous upside if he can adjust to the pace of firsts footy and in particular if he can bring his exquisite kicking skills evident at lower levels to the big time. Harry was a bit quiet but you can't have everybody kicking a bag and this week the chances fell more to Charlie than him. How many changes there may be might turn on who is fit next week. Hewett if fit is an automatic in, Plowman maybe also. In the 2s I liked the game of Fogarty and Dow again produced big numbers but benefited from Mirkov spoon feeding him and didn't do much otherwise. Marchbank was great for 3 quarters but unlikely to be ready for the step up this soon.

The MC have clearly looked to replace like for like, on that basis I'd suggest Fogarty for Martin. If Hewett is right to come back in he might pip Fogarty even though it is not like for like. I don't think any of the mids deserve to be squeezed out on todays performance.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS in - Matt Deboer
Walsh and Cripps sleepless nights

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:55 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Danger game

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:56 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Motlop isn't ready. Hasn't got the body or fitness or run in the legs. Will get a game at some point but wouldn't bring him in just yet because while they aren't kicking lots of goals Owies and Durdin do apply pressure. They're more match fit. Motlop isn't.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

That said Martin out maybe Motlop does get a crack.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 10:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

Paddycripps wrote:
That said Martin out maybe Motlop does get a crack.

Must be close.

Hewett for Newman & Motlop for Martin.

Cottrell unlucky

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 10:50 pm 
Bob Chitty

Motlop not doing enough yet - but flashes here and there of something quite special. On this weeks game Fogarty would be the obvious in for Martin albeit that at top level he seems just a bit wanting. Dow does well when spoonfed by Mirkov but other than that not really putting in. Hewett if fit comes straight in, Plowman also a real chance.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 12:57 am 
Harry Vallence

We’ve never beaten them interstate. Christ.

Another hoodoo to break!

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 1:51 am 
Rod Ashman

I want to see Dow.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:10 am 
Garry Crane

malbi wrote:
I want to see Dow.

Reserves have a bye

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 7:09 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I'd play Boyd as much as possible. Kid has potential and needs games and confidence and we need pace against the transition and he gives us that.

I'd also show LOB the tape when he dropped the chest mark and tell him he is doing good but needs to cut that stuff out of his game to go to the next level. Also doesn't he have a right foot (that shot on goal)?

I'd keep Carroll in too.

And Cotters was good.

Good problems to have finding ways to get GH in.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 9:17 am 
Geoff Southby

Paddycripps wrote:
I'd play Boyd as much as possible. Kid has potential and needs games and confidence and we need pace against the transition and he gives us that.

I'd also show LOB the tape when he dropped the chest mark and tell him he is doing good but needs to cut that stuff out of his game to go to the next level. Also doesn't he have a right foot (that shot on goal)?

I'd keep Carroll in too.

And Cotters was good.

Good problems to have finding ways to get GH in.

I like everything about that " Paddy " .

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 9:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

If Stocker is OK I'd play him on Toby Greene

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:17 am 
Wayne Johnston

I think Martin out and Hewett in will be the only change. If Hewett isn’t ready then Cotterel is the obvious one as he’s done well in the minutes he’s played, and can be relied on to follow the plan and apply pressure all day.

Dow needs to learn how to add defence to his game, he’s not there yet, and no one else in the two’s looks better than cotterel.

Given Setterfield was held back as emergency from the twos he’s the obvious next in line, but perhaps Motlop would give more as a sub.

Edit: Stocker will probably need another week and I forgot Plowman, but I’m not sure Plowman gives us much more than Boyd right now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next