Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:04 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

:mad:

He hurt his knee against Fremantle. I wonder if he should have actually missed the North game.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:23 pm 
Robert Walls

Hmm.

Kemp is the only player with any height who is ready to go. We'll almost certainly select him, despite his middling form and recent work in defence in the VFL.

Our other options are:

We could go small - Motlop in perhaps?

Start rotating Cripps and Kennedy through the forward line more? That could make it easier to include Hewitt again.

We could bring Plowman in as a forward? Or as a defender, allowing Young to go forward?

Perhaps we bring Plow in so Young can play second ruck and Silvagni plays as a permanent forward?

Perhaps Mirkov gets a call-up so Silvagni can play permanent forward?

I reckon we'll stick with our structure as it is, and Kemp will come in to play almost exclusively forward.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:50 pm 
Harry Vallence

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
daggs001 wrote:
Taking the kids this weekend. It's about time my kids experience a few wins.
Anyone know which rows are undercover in case of rain?
The map on ticketmaster is crap.
Thinking of sitting on the wing in sections 203/204/205.

Level 2 seats are all undercover, no level one seats are undercover. My guess is 203/204/205 are all level 2

Thanks. Not sure the girls will want to go now that Harry is out. I might not tell them till Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:56 pm 
Bob Chitty

Dow in. Kennedy forward?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Oh well

Kemp it is.

Hope Hewett gets up. Releases Kennedy forward to be beside DeKoning if he 'rests' fwd and SOS rucks

Deflating as it is, we must get the win. Must. This must galvanise the team for next 5 games.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

In: Hewett, Stocker, Kemp, Motlop
Out: O’Brien (omit), Boyd (omit), McKay (knee), Martin (calf)

George coming in will allow Cripps to get forward for longer periods, if we’re struggling for size up front. Otherwise, the added mobility & groundball pressure of Kemp & Motlop will make for an exciting group.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:02 pm 
Bob Chitty

McKays absence certainly tests the "like for like" replacement process, for as has been noticed we simply don't have a spare key forward. Kemp has the height but not the game style, the only other fit player with the physical attributes is Akeui who is miles off and a defender anyway. Yes the simplest replacement cog in the machine is Kemp, any other cog will require re-engineering if the machine is to function in the same manner as before. But the Kemp cog is a vastly inferior one to McKay. Perhaps a bigger cog in Mirkov though he is well off AFL ready. I like the idea of Kennedy and Cripps resting forward, with Hewett or if he is not fit Dow going into the mids. Fogarty (or even Motlop though I don't think him ready) in for Martin. Plowman if fit might come in Martin causing a further rejig, or in place of someone who would be unlucky to be dropped - Boyd Çottrell or Newnes perhaps. Carroll stays in for mine. All in all my preference would be Kennedy and Cripps to rotate Forward and centre and Dow into the midfield, but I suspect the match committee will go Kemp forward and keep the re-engineering of the machine to a minimum.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:22 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluechampion wrote:
Hmm.

Kemp is the only player with any height who is ready to go. We'll almost certainly select him, despite his middling form and recent work in defence in the VFL.

Our other options are:

Start rotating Cripps and Kennedy through the forward line more? That could make it easier to include Hewitt again.

We could bring Plowman in as a forward? Or as a defender, allowing Young to go forward?

Perhaps we bring Plow in so Young can play second ruck and Silvagni plays as a permanent forward?

I reckon we'll stick with our structure as it is, and Kemp will come in to play almost exclusively forward.

Dislike most of this

You're advocating robbing Peter

Keep the existing strengths

Don't weaken other areas

Put Kemp and Kennedy forward and hope together they can kick 3

All else stays the same

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 10:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

https://www.afl.com.au/news/127195

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 10:49 pm 
Ken Hands

Paddycripps wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
Hmm.

Our other options are:

Dislike most of this

You're advocating robbing Peter

Keep the existing strengths

Don't weaken other areas

Put Kemp and Kennedy forward and hope together they can kick 3

All else stays the same

Kemp is a massive dud.

If he comes in GWS by 8 goals

In any case GWS by 5.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:00 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I say rely on the midfield to keep delivering. Replace Harry with Motlop and go for a small, speedy forward line to fed by a dominant midfield.

Motlop deserves promotion more than Kemp.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:06 pm 
Ken Hands

sinbagger wrote:
I say rely on the midfield to keep delivering. Replace Harry with Motlop and go for a small, speedy forward line to fed by a dominant midfield.

There's about as much chance of that happening as there is that Harry will only be out for 6 weeks

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:17 pm 
Geoff Southby

sinbagger wrote:

I'd rather Fogarty, he's been more constant in the two's.
Motlop will have his time soon, I just hope not against a must win game like this.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sidefx wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

Motlop will have his time soon, I just hope not against a must win game like this.

Fogarty does not score goals …

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

Fogarty does not score goals …

He kicked one on the weekend to Motlop 0.
But I get your point, he could play the pressure forward role Martin was though.
As long as he gets GA's.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 6:15 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Not sure if we will miss Harry this week.
It has been pissing rain in Sydney since mid December. This is the first time this ground has been used since the Easter show.
I will be amazed if the playing surface is up to scratch..
I am hoping Hewett comes in and Cripps spends more time up forward. I would never had said that before but the midfield now has depth .

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 8:12 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Could Molokov Cocktail at the very least compete as a second ruck? That would allow us to play Jack as a permanent forward. And bring Hewett in and play Kemnedy forward

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 8:27 am 
Craig Bradley

Harry is a great loss going forward but I’m keen to see how Kemp goes
Played alright as a forward in the preseason and looked good in the few matches we saw last year

Given our list composition and injury profile see below I think it is important that we get games into Kemp

We are suffering from having a number of injury prone players on our list who are usually out for extended periods that rarely play plus getting a few regulars injured along the way

Injury prone players McGovern Cunningham Marchbank McDonald and to a lesser extent Martin

Had injuries to Pitto Cripps Walsh Hewett Williams and now H along the way as well as a couple of Covid protocols
Don’t get me started on Liam Jones -just stupid

We also need desperately on Sunday for Durdin and Owies to hit the Scoreboard

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:01 am 
Harry Vallence

Wow huge breaking news on SEN.

Leon Cameron resigns, effective IMMEDIATELY.

Mark McVeigh to take over.

Wonder if this works for us this weekend? Surely their players will be a bit shell shocked.

Edit: he will coach against us. Farewell game.

Well this could fire them up to send him off now.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:09 am 
Bob Chitty

Honestly. We must have kicked the cat, whilst walking under the ladder, and told everyone to just @#$%&! off ...

Seems like the world is against us .. first Harry, now this ..

If they have any sense of pride GWS will be playing like madmen ..

It however could be a fantastic opportunity for the club to really guage where it is at ...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next