Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 5:46 pm 
Rod Ashman

Arnhem blues wrote:
If Hewitt gets up, push Kennedy to HFF to take Martin ‘s spot.
Would love to find a way to get Dow in - he was good at the end of last year and from what I have seen in the vfl, has only improved since then. Too good a talent to throw away. Why not try him in owies spot? He would be handy in the F50 congestion - lethal step and burst.
May lose some tackling pressure but gain a significant problem for the opposition backline
Should at least give him some opportunity to practice other positions in the vfl

Disagree. He needs to earn his spot. I have watched some of the past VFL games and watched them lose on Saturday night. Dow got lots of the ball with minimal impact. If his possessions were quality then we would not have lost.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 5:51 pm 
Rod Ashman

Crusader wrote:
In NFL parlance:

Martin - doubtful
Williams, Hewett & Stocker - questionable
Plowman - probable

I reckon the young fella will get a taste this week & the smalls group will top the bigs for scoring.

If George is right to go, I’d have O’Brien as the one to make way. Carroll, Newnes & the mid/fwd rotation are plenty for the wings if Carroll can stretch to 75% game time.

Hopefully Williams is passed fit.

I agree

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 7:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

Arnhem blues wrote:
Would love to find a way to get Dow in - he was good at the end of last year and from what I have seen in the vfl, has only improved since then. Too good a talent to throw away. Why not try him in owies spot? He would be handy in the F50 congestion - lethal step and burst.
May lose some tackling pressure but gain a significant problem for the opposition backline
Should at least give him some opportunity to practice other positions in the vfl

Kennedy is at his zenith right now, in the role that he has. I wouldn’t be doing anything to put the brakes on that.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 8:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

Crusader wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:

Kennedy is at his zenith right now, in the role that he has. I wouldn’t be doing anything to put the brakes on that.

Agree. Ain’t broke, don’t fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 9:12 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

No way Dow comes in for Owies

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 9:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

Dowies

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 9:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:
Dowies

McCurnow

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:51 am 
Rod Ashman

Crusader wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:

Good word zenith. Is that the first time it has been used on TC?
We need most of our players to be at their zenith to win #17.
Go Blues! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:57 am 
Rod Ashman

Crusader wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:

Agreed, I wouldn’t be pushing Kennedy out to accommodate Dow.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:12 am 
Harry Vallence

CFC8795 wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:

A quick search shows Camel pioneered its use on TC, on an early Sunday morn back in 2005, February 27:

Camel wrote:
Denis Pagan is giving my club back to me, back to you, back to all of us. To me, he is already as great as Parkin, Walls, Jesaulenko and all the other outstanding men who have steered us to September glory. For Denis has helped restore the pride in my club. The pride that was lost through the excesses of the days that used to be. The pride that I felt when Kernahan stood proud holding number sixteen triumphantly in the spring air, that pride has returned. Denis is, of course, one essential cog in the machine of success, but a mighty cog he is. Is he more important than the staffer who is responsible for presenting me with a new interstate membership option? Is he more important than the team negotiating deals with new and exciting sponsors? Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but I'm smart enough to know I can't have one without the other. They all have their role to play. And each role is helping to ensure our zenith is closer than our nadir.

Not sure his message has aged well, but the use of zenith AND nadir in the same sentence is timeless :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 10:14 am 
Geoff Southby

Arnhem blues wrote:

I still have defensive running concerns with Dow and as much as I would love him to be in the team, swapping Owies who is playing a defensive forward role for Dow would damage our team balance that is really starting to get great consistancy.
The problem with Dow is Teague tried to get him to play the role Owies is, it failed and eventually broke him. He is an outright inside bull only and to be frank, he is faster but has less defensive pressure than Kennedy. So IMO he only has one spot available until he works on his defensive running and Cripps, Hewett, Cerra and Kennedy are all in front of him. On the positive side he's really making a statement in the VFL which is light years ahead of where he was the last two seasons and if he gets a look in I hope he capitalises on it.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 10:31 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Scotty12000 wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:

A quick search shows Camel pioneered its use on TC, on an early Sunday morn back in 2005, February 27:

Camel wrote:
Denis Pagan is giving my club back to me, back to you, back to all of us. To me, he is already as great as Parkin, Walls, Jesaulenko and all the other outstanding men who have steered us to September glory. For Denis has helped restore the pride in my club. The pride that was lost through the excesses of the days that used to be. The pride that I felt when Kernahan stood proud holding number sixteen triumphantly in the spring air, that pride has returned. Denis is, of course, one essential cog in the machine of success, but a mighty cog he is. Is he more important than the staffer who is responsible for presenting me with a new interstate membership option? Is he more important than the team negotiating deals with new and exciting sponsors? Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but I'm smart enough to know I can't have one without the other. They all have their role to play. And each role is helping to ensure our zenith is closer than our nadir.

Not sure his message has aged well, but the use of zenith AND nadir in the same sentence is timeless :thumbsup:

Reminding myself to never go back and look at my posting history.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 10:57 am 
Rod Ashman

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:03 am 
Craig Bradley

CFC8795 wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:

I won’t pretend that I didn’t google the term beforehand to be sure the context was right (enough), lest I be struck down by Moshe’s ghost.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:17 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Scotty12000 wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:

Camel wrote:

Holy Carlton, I vividly remember that post because I had to look up the meaning of nadir, and we certainly were nadir at the time. Thanks Camel. Thanks Scotty.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:19 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:

I won’t pretend that I didn’t google the term beforehand to be sure the context was right (enough), lest I be struck down by Moshe’s ghost.

:lol: Moshe would too.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:50 pm 
Harry Vallence

Taking the kids this weekend. It's about time my kids experience a few wins.
Anyone know which rows are undercover in case of rain?
The map on ticketmaster is crap.
Thinking of sitting on the wing in sections 203/204/205.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:53 pm 
Wayne Johnston

daggs001 wrote:

I’ll be happy if my kid can experience just one win.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 6:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

daggs001 wrote:

Level 2 seats are all undercover, no level one seats are undercover. My guess is 203/204/205 are all level 2

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Harry out for 6 to 8 weeks

We cannot win a trick

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next