Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 7:07 am 
Geoff Southby

Hogan has all the tools to be a gun
Height
Strength
Big tank
Simply one of these players that lacks the desire to be a top player
Probably out with a hangover

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 8:02 am 
Rod Ashman

When I first saw Hogan during his first few years, incl before he played at AFL level, I thought he would become the best of a pretty good bunch of young, emerging key forwards.
Amazing how often such promise does not deliver.
And vice versa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 11:35 am 
Stephen Silvagni

keogh wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
keogh wrote:
Grandstanding
Yep definitely saying some posters don’t take into account the opposition in regards to performance
is grandstand comment
But necessary in my view

Adelaide and North have been very poor opposition
My brother said it best and I disagree with on most things
As the season rolls on the best indicator of where you are at in terms of numbers is your %.

We rank 8 th in that area which is a more true indicator of where you are at relative to the 17 other teams.
Yet what you read from posters is where
Top 4
Top 4…..
We are a fair way off it.
We have a few things against us this week
Injuries and a club who owned up to problems off the field and have partly solved the problem by parting ways with the coach which often produces a positive result in the long term

So let’s see how we go this week
If we have a good squad and depth we should beat this guys
Funny, I thought wins losses was the best indicator

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Thoughts on the modern game?
It's all about a collective effort, you can be an average team but go very far if you play as a unit.

The current Carlton team (when fit) has more talent than the 2016 bulldogs. But they applied enormous pressure, particularly in the forward line.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 11:56 am 
Ken Hunter

The modern game demands you kick more goals than your opponent...no, wait, that's the old game...
The modern game demands a defence first mentality...no, wait, that's the old game...
The modern game demands a team use the ball well...no, wait, that's the old game...
The modern game demands courage and a fearless desire to win the ball...no, wait, that's the old game...
The modern game demands a team-orientated approach...no, wait, that's the old game...
The modern game demands first use of the ball...no, wait, that's the old game...
The modern game demands the ability to turn defence into attack...no, wait, that's the old game...
The modern game demands a team to focus on selfless acts, blocking, tackling, chasing...no, wait, that's the old game...
The modern game demands smalls at the feet of talls and talls competing to mark or bring the ball to ground...no, wait, that's the old game...
The modern game demands strong wings, a strong midfield and a deep list...no, wait, that's the old game...
The modern game demands strong systems designed to maximise a team's strengths while exposing their opponent's weaknesses...no, wait, that's the old game...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14