Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:35 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

kingkerna wrote:
I thought Williams was good today, anyone agree?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Absolutely!!

After Docherty was flying and named AA, then returned from injury, teams tagged him to stop our drive from the backline.

Since Saad and Williams have come along, everyone can agree these 2 try and take on the game, by adding speed and connection from the backline, and opposition coaches can go and tag Doch if they like, but it means the other two will perform the Docherty role.

I though Williams marking was fantastic, ditto Saad, who was a tad quieter but both kept their opponents blanketed till the game was out of Crows reach.

Between Doch, Zac abd Saady they took 22 marks and took 20 Intercepts. FMD that's good.

Add an in form Stocker or Boyd to the team, and one of those boys are released to play a defensive wing role.
Add Marchbank, and Newman isn't needed any more imo.

Williams is an important part of the whole winning defensive group.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:37 am 
Bob Chitty

Good professional win again last night.

Pros:
6-2 and banking wins early while other teams around us lose.
Third quarter blitz.
Cripps was excellent again last night and will add 2 or 3 votes on Brownlow night.
Charlie absolutely monstered Frampton.
H also solid up forward.
Cerra and Kennedy were good.
Weiters and Young forming a nice combination.
Doc good again.
Boyd’s best game for the club - was very tough.
Thought TDK battled on strongly.
Fisher very good.

Cons:
Last quarter was sloppy but at least we’d built an unassailable lead by that point.
Martin injury.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:46 am 
Bruce Doull

bluehammer wrote:
It reminds me of a game that Sam Kekovich called at Princes Park years ago where every blonde player was stevens

& every kick was done indiscriminantly?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:52 am 
Robert Walls

sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
missnaut wrote:
It was nice to go to the footy and never really be worried. Crows never felt like they were going to challenge us.

Boyd was heaps better.

Carroll was a bit quiet but he is a second gamer.

I thought the crowd was decent for Sunday twilight on Mothers day.

Re Carroll, you and a few others are in the same boat, who didn't notice him as much as last week. You will get use to him.

I watched the game with someone who said the same as you missnaut. I questioned them if they knew what Carroll's number was, and they couldn't. Not saying you couldn't, but he flies under the radar playing for the contested ball in packs.

He is unassuming and does a lot of hard work on the inside. His numbers show a similar output to last week's. Just had a bit more time on the ground last week.

He's 19yo, 2nd gamer:
8 Contested possessions, 3 clearances. 18 disposals in 66% Game Time. 314 metres gained.
2 inside 50's. 1 goal assist, 6 score involvements, missed a couple shots like last week that he normally eats up.

He's a beauty.
All the preseason hype, including Agro's wise words are proving to be right. He's a real footballer with good athletic attributes.

I am pretty sure the commentators called him as Durdin a number of times. Don’t know why, he’s a lot taller and is a leftie.

I know there is an election coming up, but there's no need to bring politics into this...

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 1:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

keogh wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
keogh wrote:
The pressure today was the key
That’s what modern footy is about
It’s what you do when you haven’t the ball

Owies and Durdin are very important
Carroll looks like a footballer
Cripps was huge again
I think 74 inside 50 s is a record
It’s hard to keep playing at that standard for 4 quarters
Best win so far this year in my book
Long way to go
No love for Cerra?

Cerra was good particularly early.
He is classy but if Cripps goes down the acid test goes on him. Can he find his own ball more often
By the way I hope Martin injured himself early in the first because he was invisible in the first half.
And Mc Adam goes alright
But I reckon you and others wouldn’t admit we missed on a good freebie
By the way I ask you recently what your interpretation of the modern game is.
No reply yet
I answered your question
You going to reply to mine?

As gov can’t get on the park, McAdam would of been better for us.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 1:50 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Mil Hanna wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
missnaut wrote:
It was nice to go to the footy and never really be worried. Crows never felt like they were going to challenge us.

Boyd was heaps better.

Re Carroll, you and a few others are in the same boat, who didn't notice him as much as last week. You will get use to him.

I watched the game with someone who said the same as you missnaut. I questioned them if they knew what Carroll's number was, and they couldn't. Not saying you couldn't, but he flies under the radar playing for the contested ball in packs.

He is unassuming and does a lot of hard work on the inside. His numbers show a similar output to last week's. Just had a bit more time on the ground last week.

He's 19yo, 2nd gamer:
8 Contested possessions, 3 clearances. 18 disposals in 66% Game Time. 314 metres gained.
2 inside 50's. 1 goal assist, 6 score involvements, missed a couple shots like last week that he normally eats up.

He's a beauty.
All the preseason hype, including Agro's wise words are proving to be right. He's a real footballer with good athletic attributes.

I am pretty sure the commentators called him as Durdin a number of times. Don’t know why, he’s a lot taller and is a leftie.

I know there is an election coming up, but there's no need to bring politics into this...

What I meant was he is a leftie and he is usually left wing but he can also be found in the centre. He is definitely in the running for next week, how do you think he polled?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 1:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

keogh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
Listen mate
Too many posters like you obviously don’t look at the AFL as a whole
Adelaide are a reasonable team but are behind in their rebuild compared to us
Crouch and Sloane are massive losses for a thin midfield but Berry looks good. You probably wouldn’t know who he is until you look him up on your App.
Smith and Seedsman are terrific players who use the ball superbly. Check out their metres gained stats in 2021. They were out today.

Crouch isn't a loss. He's playing SANFL because he's a @#$%&! crab! :lol:
As for Sloane and Smith, how about Hewitt and Pittonet. Both playing far better footy this year than the has beens that are "massive losses" for Adelaide.

That's what gives everyone the shits. You talk up the opposition all the time and bag your own team. Crouch? FMD!
For someone who continually accuses other posters of not watching other teams, how about practicing what you preach.

How did Martin go before he got injured.
Anything could happen but GWS are really struggling .
Then it gets a bit harder
BV you focus too much on the negative stuff I say. I have posted some positive stuff tonight.
It’s a long season.
How did you think McAdam went :wink:

Ah yes. Typical Keogh. Talk crap and when you're called out, deflect, deflect.
Martin, blah, blah. McAdam Blah, blah.

Who was missing better players? Who are the far better players this year? Hewitt and Pittonet or Smith and Sloane?
The Carlton players are obliterating the Adelaide outs this year. As for Crouch. He's a crab playing SANFL footy.
Don't defect. Don't try to change the subject with your usual "look over there" rubbish.
Adelaide were no more impacted by injury than Carlton. Admit it.

I just don't understand how someone who supposedly supports a club consistently looks for reasons to undersell their performances while trying to make excuses for the team they beat. Carltons outs are better performed that Adelaides outs. Show some courage and admit you're @#$%&! wrong for once.
But no. It will be more "look over there" instead of facing the truth.

Carlton won by 8 goals. They're 4th on the ladder. Suck it up and let the rest of us enjoy it.

It’s the big picture stuff BV.
I just don’t look at where we are on the ladder.
We have a great draw this year.
We don’t play Brisbane and Melbourne till late in the year.
We only play Freo twice in regards to the top teams
Given where we are at we will play finals.
You can catch a team when they are playing shit
The draw is a joke. We all know that. Playing only 5 teams twice continues to be laughable.
In regards to this year so far compared to last year

Our mids bats deeper.
Kennedy has evolved in the last year.
Cerra complements Cripps Kennedy and Hewitt
Add Walsh who by the way is clearly not 100% and we are much better.
We are fierce at the contest.
I noticed Carroll got a few clearences yesterday as well
Hopefully he will add to the midfield mix.
A good midfield that bats deep keeps you in the game

We finally get to see McKay and Curnow together
Win in the middle and they become weapons.
They also complement each other as well
Silvangi looks like he has become better.
He is fast becoming the modern utility player. Has always been a smart footballer.

Owies and Durdin add the pressure.
Young looks like a good pickup
It’s what you do when you haven’t the ball which is imo more important

I want to see how we go against a top side and/or when Cripps isn’t there or having a bad one.
IMO it’s a potential problem
We still are suss when the opposition have the ball in space
Buy Voss has coached 8 games.
Don’t sack him when things go to off the rails

Fair call on all those things.

Where do you see us in the scheme of things, im still thinking about 6th, but with a bit of luck and us playing well top 4 a possibility.

Looking at our draw I think somewhere between 13-15 wins. If wheels fall off a bit with injuries and form maybe 12 wins, if goes better than expected maybe 16 wins, which would of been a pipe dream before the season.

Top 8 minimum goal, with our start at least a home final should be the aim now.

Also with our draw, looks like we played Port into form, Richmond and Dogs mid range at the moment but still good wins, and we have pretty much won all the games we should win. GC was always going to be tough especially without PItto and Cripps going down, likewise v Freo when Pitt went down (plus Freo are flying at the moment).

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 1:53 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mickstar wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Yep , agree . Seems settled on that HBF . He is becoming a Mr Reliable .

Anyhow , the Club is going great . No way known am i going to be picky . Rome wasn't built in a day . Voss is continually tinkering and will slowly but surely iron out the chinks . A very mature coach these days . But Voss is Voss and leopards don't change there spots . A little birdy told me the boys copped a spray off Voss after the game . Nothing withering but a tickle up all the same .

People need to begin judging Williams on how he is doing his role for the team rather than focusing on his pay packet and how we originally somehow hoped he’d be a full time mid.

I think he’s been excellent this year based on what his role is and what he provides.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 1:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
keogh wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
keogh wrote:
The pressure today was the key
That’s what modern footy is about
It’s what you do when you haven’t the ball

Owies and Durdin are very important
Carroll looks like a footballer
Cripps was huge again
I think 74 inside 50 s is a record
It’s hard to keep playing at that standard for 4 quarters
Best win so far this year in my book
Long way to go

:clap:

I've been hard on you for being a negative contrarian, so I acknowledge and thank you for correcting those who are disappointed that a 68pt lead became a 48pt win. For those feeling deflated, please remember that only a few weeks ago we let a 50pt lead become a 2pt lead and eventual 4pt win, and before that let a 38pt lead become a deficit. We had a reputation for 3rd Q collapses and inability to hold a lead. In the past two weeks we have smashed the opposition in the 3rd Q and never given them a sniff after that. This is a welcome development, let's celebrate it!

I call it the way I see it
We have had a relatively soft draw so far.
Any team can beat anyone else too
Look at GC yesterday.
Really good win today but it’s about process
Cripps has been off the charts so far
So someone has to tag him this week.
Is De Boer still going around
And who plays on Greene

For me it’s about the process
Our pressurewas great today
Top 4 is great but not too interested in it
That’s for simple minded people

Re: De Doer. I thought you watched all the other games. FYI he's been dropped afew times this year, and in the past has done well against a crippled Cripps. This week he was the unused sub. I'd love for DeBoer to try tag Cripps this weekend and watch the tables turn.

If you aren't interested in YOUR team being in the Top 4 and consider any Carlton supporter interested in this fact as simple minded, I'm sure you think I'm the exception :wink: Gosh keogh. Do you live under a rock? We have been in the bottom 4 for the last umteen years, and you feel the reverse is the way to go?

Show some respect to the team, and your team's effort and improvement thus far, and ditto to your fellow Blue Brethren, because your remark is foolish at the very least. Footy is an emotional game, and you are just wanting to sstart a fight with those sort of remarks.

You tell me who should play on Greene?

If fit Plowman plays on Toby.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 1:56 pm 
Geoff Southby

sinbagger wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Anyhow , the Club is going great . No way known am i going to be picky . Rome wasn't built in a day . Voss is continually tinkering and will slowly but surely iron out the chinks . A very mature coach these days . But Voss is Voss and leopards don't change there spots . A little birdy told me the boys copped a spray off Voss after the game . Nothing withering but a tickle up all the same .

Yes, the intensity really dropped in the last quarter, that’s why it looked like we “over possessed” the ball, we didn’t over possess, we just didn’t apply the same intensity to work through packs and high pressure situations and were caught.

I’m glad Voss gave them a blast for that, we can’t do that against good sides like Melbourne, and this is what keogh is worried about. Keogh’s not a wet blanket, he’s ahead of his time, he’s over us being average and wants us to be elite. Keogh is a man in a hurry.

I think we can all have 2 thoughts in our head, happy with progress but know we need to improve to get to where we want to be.

Thing is we’ve had a taste of how good our best is so we judge our side by a higher standard now:

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 2:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
It reminds me of a game that Sam Kekovich called at Princes Park years ago where every blonde player was stevens

:lol: that's the one.

To be fair most kcks back then were indiscriminate

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 2:55 pm 
Robert Walls

33mcconville wrote:
keogh wrote:
Listen mate
Too many posters like you obviously don’t look at the AFL as a whole
Adelaide are a reasonable team but are behind in their rebuild compared to us
Crouch and Sloane are massive losses for a thin midfield but Berry looks good. You probably wouldn’t know who he is until you look him up on your App.
Smith and Seedsman are terrific players who use the ball superbly. Check out their metres gained stats in 2021. They were out today. The Crows were ripe for the picking.
I’ll start to get excited when we beat a decent team in top form.
In the meantime you and others can get a Chubby over every win.
As I said before the game continues to evolve.

I was happy with the win today. I can see definite improvement in some areas.
You can ask me which areas are better from 2021 if you can be bothered

Correct. I cannot be bothered as I have little respect for your knowledge with your grandstanding.

Like many, I have read your repetitive dross that floods these forums and am bored with it.

To be honest? I tend to turn off from posts after the first spelling or grammatical error. You give me very quick "opportunities" "mate".

Jog on. You bore me and add nothing.

I hope you realise that criticising forum spelling in particular is rather droll, as the practicalities asssociated with the range of devices means mistakes happen all the time, and are easy to go unnoticed. Also, poor spelling can be related to various forms of dyslexia, and totally unrelated to intelligence.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mickstar wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

That'll explain why the boy were signing the song without as much gusto

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AFLCA Votes, Round 8:
10 Charlie Curnow
8 Patrick Cripps
3 Adam Cerra
3 Sam Docherty
3 Zac Fisher
2 Matthew Kennedy
1 Tom De Koning

thought Dawson was a bit unlucky not to poll

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AFLCA Leaders 2022:
53 Patrick Cripps
47 Andrew Brayshaw
47 Clayton Oliver
39 Lachie Neale
35 Christian Petracca
31 Jack Crisp Hugh McCluggage Callum Mills Darcy Parish
29 Touk Miller
28 Charlie Curnow Max Gawn
27 Shai Bolton Jeremy Cameron Jack Higgins James Sicily Jack Steele

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 4:26 pm 
Robert Walls

sinbagger wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
missnaut wrote:

Boyd was heaps better.

He's 19yo, 2nd gamer:

He's a beauty.

What I meant was he is a leftie and he is usually left wing but he can also be found in the centre. He is definitely in the running for next week, how do you think he polled?

I think he polled quite well with the inner city crowd, but that's about it. If he truly wants to be centre he will have to give the right wing a go too.

Then again, those on the right wing tend to go missing when the going gets tough, so perhaps he should stick to what he knows? :?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 4:34 pm 
formerly BlueRob

CK95 wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

I know what you are talking about ... it still lingers with some commentators :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 4:38 pm 
formerly BlueRob

I thought Young was pretty good.
Fisher too.

I always feel confident when Cerra or Saad have the ball.
I always feel nervous when Newman has it.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 4:50 pm 
Ken Hunter

for me Newman makes me nervous for 3 reasons

1) Almost always slow to release the kick, waits until everyone is covered
2) Dinky kicks that hang to long
3) Often bites off more than he can chew

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 5:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

Why is there talk of Cripps being suspended for a basic tackle?

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next