Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:39 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

We're bloody good on this site after a loss at wanting to play every player on our list in a position other than a position they've ever played before.

So I reckon it's worth trying to pull these hair brained ideas together into one thread because I LOVE this stuff.

Then we can look back when Corey Durdin becomes an All Australian ruckman and say 'that was MY idea!'

So I'll start.

Let's try Harry McKay at Centre Half Back

Sure he's the reigning Coleman medallist but why not give him a run across our depleted halfback line and use De Koning and Charlie as our forward targets. Might also stop us just bombing it to the 45m line expecting him to take hangers

Let's try Will Setterfield as a defensive forward

Last chance saloon really. Like to see him given the Jack Silvagni role on smaller match ups. His possessions aren't damaging anyone and he's not that good a midfield stopper.

(now, of course we should play players in their correct positions but we only really feel that way after a win... So come on and knee jerk with me)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:46 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Play Zac Williams as a high half forward. He played forward in a preseason game last year against the Saints. His burst from stoppages and thirst for a goal might be what we need.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

BlueJean wrote:
Play Zac Williams as a high half forward. He played forward in a preseason game last year against the Saints. His burst from stoppages and thirst for a goal might be what we need.

I don't mind it. Bring Stocker in to play small back and run Williams up forward. He has a bit of X factor as a forward which wouldn't go astray. Plus he's a good finisher.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Yeah. Like it too.

Feels like we have a 3-into-2 situation with doch, Saad and Zac.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

[quote="bluehammer"]We're bloody good on this site after a loss at wanting to play every player on our list in a position other than a position they've ever played before.

So I reckon it's worth trying to pull these hair brained ideas together into one thread because I LOVE this stuff.

Then we can look back when Corey Durdin becomes an All Australian ruckman and say 'that was MY idea!'

So I'll start.

Let's try Harry McKay at Centre Half Back

Sure he's the reigning Coleman medallist but why not give him a run across our depleted halfback line and use De Koning and Charlie as our forward targets. Might also stop us just bombing it to the 45m line expecting him to take hangers

Let's try Will Setterfield as a defensive forward

Last chance saloon really. Like to see him given the Jack Silvagni role on smaller match ups. His possessions aren't damaging anyone and he's not that good a midfield stopper.

(now, of course we should play players in their correct positions but we only really feel that way after a win... So come on and knee jerk with me)
[/quot

Make Harry accountable? You are kidding.

Two things that Setterfield lack are JSOS intensity and desperation, but hey if it is last chance saloon why not.

JSOS can have a try on the wing maybe provide a mismatch with his marking and tackling.

Martin new position on the bench as sub to show he is one step away from being dropped.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Make Harry accountable? You are kidding.

Yeah not my most serious thread... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:21 am 
Rod Ashman

Would like us to try a midfield of Stocker, Dow, Fisher, Cripps, Williams, Cerra, Kemp, Hewett, Walsh, Setterfield, Carroll, Silvagni, Kennedy and, if it’s not too late, SPS.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:43 am 
Serge Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

I don't mind it. Bring Stocker in to play small back and run Williams up forward. He has a bit of X factor as a forward which wouldn't go astray. Plus he's a good finisher.

Happy to have your backing any day of the week BV.

The Williams thought came to me after last weekends loss.

Definitely worth a try.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:53 am 
Stephen Kernahan

In anticipation of #10 getting the rights back I'd like to see Setterfield given a run as second ruck. "Get the boy into the game".

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:42 am 
Rod Ashman

Let’s try Durdin as the lead up forward. If they can’t see him in a pack they might kick it somewhere else for a change

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:17 am 
Rod Ashman

And TDK at CHB based on his brother doing a good job at Geelong

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:24 am 
Stephen Kernahan

DesEnglish wrote:
And TDK at CHB based on his brother doing a good job at Geelong
Worked for the mcgoverns

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

BlueJean wrote:

He loves a goal, and knows where they are.
Our current lot are asleep at the wheel.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:16 am 
Harry Vallence

BlueJean wrote:

Don't mind this. Boyd or Stocker could easily fill his defensive role. Although I still see Stocker as a mid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:22 am 
Harry Vallence

I'd like to see Fogarty tried as a small defender. He was a mid as a junior and like many struggles as a small forward.

He is tough and can use the ball. We badly need a lock down small defender.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

I'd like to see Parks tried on the Wing, if he builds his endurance up.

His draft profile:

A reliable defender who often played taller than his 188cm size, Parks had some raw traits that showed he has what it takes to make it to the next level. A member of Sydney’s Academy, Parks used the ball well by foot (74.4 per cent efficiency) and took six contested marks in his five games at NAB League level. Parks also averaged three rebounds per game, and while he is undersized, he stands up against bigger bodies and could play a third tall role at the elite level. Most impressively, most of his disposals were under pressure with more than half of his possessions won at the coal face. At the Rookie Me Draft Combine, Parks clocked up a sub-three second 20m sprint, while his endurance is a key area of improvement (20.4 on the yo-yo) as is his ground ball work, averaging just the 1.4 tackles per game. His work in the air is his strength and expect that to be what clubs will look at should he be given a chance.
STRENGTHS: Intercept work, speed, kicking, consistency, contested marking
IMPROVEMENTS: Ground balls, endurance

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
I'd like to see Fogarty tried as a small defender. He was a mid as a junior and like many struggles as a small forward.

You prefer Fogarty to Stocker in a BP?

I don't. Fogarty isn't quick. He's tough, but could be a liability in the backline due to a lack of speed....imo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

Setterfield in the middle. Walsh / Fisher as the offensive wing, Docherty as the defensive wing. Stocker at half back in Doc's spot.

Like the Williams half forward suggestion too.

In a similar vein, Boyd as a small forward. Fast, pressure is good and hopefully will then give him the confidence to use his skills.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Nick wrote:
Setterfield in the middle. Walsh / Fisher as the offensive wing, Docherty as the defensive wing. Stocker at half back in Doc's spot.

Like the Williams half forward suggestion too.

In a similar vein, Boyd as a small forward. Fast, pressure is good and hopefully will then give him the confidence to use his skills.

Now this thread is cooking....well done Nick

Cripps Hewett Setterfield ... what happens to Cerra? or Hewett if Cerra takes his place?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

You prefer Fogarty to Stocker in a BP?

No, I didn't say that. I do like depth and options though and getting something out of our players whilst we have them