Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

missnaut wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
missnaut wrote:
I don't trust the selections anymore until they confirm no late changes on game day.

Teams look better than I expected with the inclusion of Jack, Harry & Hewett.

All the fanfare on Carroll on the web has me thinking the same as you.

Carroll should be playing.
There's one change already!

Why name Hewett in the first place when he clearly wasn't going to play.

Why? I have no idea.

Trying to soften the blow with all these injuries we have and just added to the injury list, along with selecting players carrying niggles, and fully well knowing the bad news re Gov would surface sooner than later.

The cupboard is bare.

I am rapt Carroll is playing. He should've been from round 1.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:06 pm 
Robert Walls

keogh wrote:
A joke on all accounts
Setterfield is a bust but watch him get a new contract . Cost us two decent picks
O’Brien picked again. Should never been recruited in the first place. Like paying $20 to see a movie you hated over and over again.
Carroll a Monty this week Ah na. He ain’t ready yet.
Newnes is crap but hey let’s give him another game.
Cottrell offer a bit more but let’s drop him instead
No @#$%&! idea

Yes, this post is a joke and you have no idea! :lol:

I mean, you are just becoming a parody of yourself now, or you are playing the longest troll game the world has ever seen?

I am genuinely interested in what changes you would have made this week.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blues21 wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
Crusader wrote:
kezza wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Who said Carroll to debut ?

He still might.
Named emergency and doubt over Hewett.

What a low act from the club, if that’s how it plays out.

Give the kid his moment. He’s got family on the other side of the country ffs.

Firstly, the aim is to win footy matches. Not to make early and public team commitments so the fans can be happy for 8 seconds when the team is announced.
Secondly, i am sure that Carroll or any player is well informed of the situation if a top 18 player has an injury cloud and has to still be cleared to play.
Thirdly, I am pretty sure Carroll and his family will know if/when he is likely to make his debut.
Finally, while I agree with many that a sub is not the right position for a debut, I am pretty sure if you asked the player, they would prefer to be sub with a chance to make their debut than play VFL with no chance to play seniors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the first point - how is that working out for us? 20 years of under achievement and we are still acting like the pace setters? Our problems are not going to be solved by playing ducks and drakes with injuries and selection.

The successful clubs don't treat their fans or the football community with this level of contempt. They know that clubs have insiders and intelligence and it just doesn't work. The bookies know exactly what's going on.

Sure every now and then you might pull this tactic. But please stop acting like a contender until you earn the right!

Take Hewitt for instance. Wasn't mentioned in any after match report that I saw as having any niggle or injury concern. Still hasn't and yet I hear he had his calf strapped after the game and has been limping most of the week. This is not acceptable.

You either give no information out at all or give everything out.

It's just one more transition this club needs to embrace. They've made a lot of progress in the last 8 months. I'm happy with the Board and administrative changes as well as coaching panel. But the reason you make changes is to drive innovation and progress. Carrying on the practices of the past just doesn't cut it.

I agree with you Blues21.
Have no idea what they are trying to achieve.
There's already a misconnect between MC/ Fitness boss and the supporters, and what does that achieve? Strong, negative words.
I can't undo the bet I placed last night. :mad:

Nevertheless, lets see how good Vossy is at getting the boys up, let alone beating the team whose losing games by 50+ points week in week out.

Feeling a bit despondent TBH. I can't trust that Harry and Jack are fit or bandaged up to play at 70% fitness.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

This is the week Kemp should have been selected as an intercept mark in the backline.
He trained in that role last year and during the preseason, so he should be right for that.

Newman is NOT an intercept mark, neither is Plowman nor is Parks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:22 pm 
Rod Ashman

I just think some people are a bit harsh on the club for how it names the team re injuries. It is not an exact science for starters. And yes, they may be trying to put some uncertainty amongst the opposition's planning. Everyone can say 'we all knew anyway' but we also all knew that JSOS wouldn't be named, and a couple days ago Dow was an in, O'Brien wasn't etc...
And please don't get me started on the betting - if you are sure that Carlton can't be trusted, then perhaps you should factor that into your betting choices - that's on you, not on the club.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:30 pm 
formerly BlueRob

I am very pleased that Carroll gets his chance. However, Dow should have been the next choice because of his consistent form in the VFL. I guess he was a bit down last week and that cost him. But if the policy by the match committee is based on form they have blundered once again and sent a message that Dow's papers have been stamped. If it was up to me, Dow would be in for Newnes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mil Hanna wrote:
keogh wrote:
A joke on all accounts
Setterfield is a bust but watch him get a new contract . Cost us two decent picks
O’Brien picked again. Should never been recruited in the first place. Like paying $20 to see a movie you hated over and over again.
No @#$%&! idea

I mean, you are just becoming a parody of yourself now, or you are playing the longest troll game the world has ever seen?

JOS for Durdin
Carroll for Setterfield
Stocker for Newnes
Dow for Boyd
Kennedy forFisher
Judging by your avatar you would understand Cripps is The Pointman
My all time fan album and band

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:11 pm 
Geoff Southby

keogh wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
keogh wrote:
A joke on all accounts
No @#$%&! idea

JOS for Durdin A tall utility forward/ruck for a small defensive foward
Carroll for Setterfield
Stocker for Newnes Defender for a wing
Dow for Boyd An inside mid for a medium defender
Kennedy forFisher A slow inside mid for a fast mid/half forward
Judging by your avatar you would understand Cripps is The Pointman
My all time fan album and band

C'mon, really Keogh?
All year we have been changing like for like, this is Voss not Teague playing makey ups.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:39 pm 
Garry Crane

bondiblue wrote:
This is the week Kemp should have been selected as an intercept mark in the backline.
He trained in that role last year and during the preseason, so he should be right for that.

Would love to know what the thinking on Kemp is. Part of his development maybe? Seems odd to play him forward when we have so many injury prone interceptors on our list.

Anyway, as things stand I have only got 4 missing from our best 22 - Pittonet, Hewett, Cuningham and McGovern (not that he ever plays). No excuses against North really.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:09 pm 
Geoff Southby

TheDenominator wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Would love to know what the thinking on Kemp is. Part of his development maybe? Seems odd to play him forward when we have so many injury prone interceptors on our list.

Anyway, as things stand I have only got 4 missing from our best 22 - Pittonet, Hewett, Cuningham and McGovern (not that he ever plays). No excuses against North really.

I don’t understand the highlighted bit. North at Marvel is the worst fixture for us every season. Why do people think it will be easy this year? I am expecting a tough game. They love playing against us.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:11 pm 
Garry Crane

aboynamedsue wrote:
TheDenominator wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

I don’t understand the highlighted bit. North at Marvel is the worst fixture for us every season. Why do people think it will be easy this year? I am expecting a tough game. They love playing against us.

Historically and sure they'll fancy their chances but what excuse do we have really?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

TheDenominator wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
TheDenominator wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Historically and sure they'll fancy their chances but what excuse do we have really?

No excuses, just the reality that they match up well against us. They beat us by 7 goals last time we played them. That was less than ten games ago. This won’t be a cakewalk.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:
I just think some people are a bit harsh on the club for how it names the team re injuries. It is not an exact science for starters. And yes, they may be trying to put some uncertainty amongst the opposition's planning. Everyone can say 'we all knew anyway' but we also all knew that JSOS wouldn't be named, and a couple days ago Dow was an in, O'Brien wasn't etc...
And please don't get me started on the betting - if you are sure that Carlton can't be trusted, then perhaps you should factor that into your betting choices - that's on you, not on the club.

I don't bet 17th, but I made a point of it....its the AFL's baby.
The point is AFL advertises betting ad nauseum and they allow clubs to play the game of deception....

Its not harsh on the club to criticise what I think is unfair.
If it wasn't for rusted on supporters who are invested, deeply, in the club, the club wouldn't be doing as well as you might believe. We help create the hysteria and noise about the club and a level of fanaticism that is exciting for the average joes who attend the footy wishing they were with the fanatics rather than mum and dad.

Its just an opinion, like yours, but you might disagree, but I think honest communication is an area where the club can improve, for without that, there's mistrust. I can't help feel that, but its true, and I share that.

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

From the last time we played them (NM won by 39 points)-

Carlton have only lost the inside 50 count by 48-54 in today's match, and have won the time in forward half differential 56-44 per cent. However, when the Kangaroos got the ball back in their defensive half, their 10.3.63 launched from this zone has proved decisive, compared to Carlton's 3.5.23 launched from their back half.

We can’t let them do that to us again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigBlueWave wrote:
I am very pleased that Carroll gets his chance. However, Dow should have been the next choice because of his consistent form in the VFL. I guess he was a bit down last week and that cost him. But if the policy by the match committee is based on form they have blundered once again and sent a message that Dow's papers have been stamped. If it was up to me, Dow would be in for Newnes.

Dow should have replaced the inside mid who missed through injury...whats his name? I'm sure Voss knows his name, and probably also recalls what he said about Dow being just behind those selected despite great preseason and VFL form.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

Some more interesting facts-

Since 2015, the Kangaroos have outscored Carlton by an average of 48 points per game in their six matches, five of which the Kangaroos won. That is the second highest scoring margin of any side in the AFL against Carlton in this time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
Some more interesting facts-

Since 2015, the Kangaroos have outscored Carlton by an average of 48 points per game in their six matches, five of which are Kangaroos win. That is the second highest scoring margin of any side in the AFL against Carlton in this time.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Revenge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:32 pm 
Garry Crane

Not expecting a cakewalk but we need to get the job done.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

If you go by a team’s performance against an opponent for the last 5 or 6 times they met, rather than where they are on the ladder (especially after only 7 rounds), you could not tip Carlton this week with any confidence whatsoever.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:38 pm 
Bob Chitty

TheDenominator wrote:
Not expecting a cakewalk but we need to get the job done.

Agreed. We need to quite simply just get the job done.
While there have been a few hiccups, the 4-2 start to the season has been largely positive, especially when compared to our starts in other years. However, if we blow this game, then it’s difficult to remain optimistic about our prospects this year.
North really have been woeful this year and it’s time to start learning how to professionally beat a struggling team.
Zero excuses tomorrow night.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next