Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:48 am 
Geoff Southby

Mickstar wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
We'll know a hell of a lot more about our team after this challenge.
I expect it to be aggressive and perhaps a bit spiteful. Serong seems to like getting in our players faces and Cripps likes to stick up for his team mates so I expect a few skirmishes and perhaps a bit of blood to flow.
If we see improvement in our transition from defence and the players play with spirit and intent, that will do me.
With Kennedy out, we need Cerra to fire and not underperform or be distracted playing his old team.

Jack is a big loss. I love having him as second ruck as he competes, he gets forward and hits the scoreboard and he gives us ground level grunt at the stoppages. At the moment, TDK offers very little other than another tall to fly at the footy up forward. Hopefully he is pissed off about being dropped and comes out with a bit of aggression.

Yeah , thats it i reckon " Vain ". We just gotta get nasty . Real nasty . Play 'em at there own game but get in first old style Carlton . Faaark , i would love Jimmy Buckley and the " Dominator " playing . Shit they would make a mess of this mob . Yep " Vain ", i reckon you are right on the money , go in hard and be hostile and nasty . Reckon that will do the trick .

P S if any of these blokes have got shit in them then they have the PERFECT coach to bring it out in them . You know , do what i used to do . Play like there Coach used to play and they will go a long way . Get into " em Vossy , fire " em up .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:13 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Gee some big outs for us. Kennedy was out of form though probably due to injury. But Jack has been terrific. This shapes as maybe our most interesting game bar the R1 match against the Tigers. Can't get over Jack being out. TDK needs to pull a digit out as he's been massively underwhelming this year. Takes speccies but drops marks he should take and has only kicked 1 goal for the year. Nit good enough. Like how Voss said yesterday TDK was OK last week. Something like that anyway. Point is he sent a message that TDK needs to lift. Personally I'd like to trial his ass down back one day.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:16 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Still think we will win. Voss will be hammering in the fact our fade outs are unacceptable as was our away game against GC. Need a steely 4 Qtr effort. If we don't get that it'll be concerning to say the least and I think given our weapons a 4 Qtr effort should yield a positive result. I also think Freo have not beaten any good teams yet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:38 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Will be there tonight with my son.

I’m my usual nervous Nellie self but really hoping we play strong, hard footy for the entire game and give them more than they can handle.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I think our "top 6" players are better than Freo's however it is our bottom 6 that worries me.
Expecting a close match.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

No Plowman Boyd and Motlop playing VFL. Dow is playing VFL.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
No Plowman Boyd and Motlop playing VFL. Dow is playing VFL.

Cripps is the doubtful. Who takes his place if he doesn't come up as none are true mids.

Motlop is my guess.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:05 pm 
Craig Bradley

Really surprised at the pessimism around here. Understand yet another fade out last week has soured the mood but I’m confident we’ll get the win.

I think our best is far better and more dangerous than theirs. I think we have more weapons all over the field and our tough mids should get on top of their youngsters. Charlie and Harry are pretty much impossible to contain as long as they’re getting supply (which they should) and we started to see some form from the smalls last with Fisher and Martin each kicking a couple of crafty roving goals last week. We need Durdin and Owies to get more involved.

Their tall forwards don’t worry me a whole lot and I’m confident Weiters and Young can at least break even. Our running half back line is one of the best in the league with Saad Doc and Williams providing the drive and decent support from Newman.

The only real weakness I can see is the wing combo of Newnes/Cottrell, but I think we have them covered in most other areas of the ground. Darcy is a challenge but Pitto has gone to another level this year and will be up for the challenge. Glad we have TDK in to provide a chop out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

IIRC, last time we played Freo, we were extremely physical with Brayshaw. From memory Longmuir came out after half time and told Channel 7 we had bashed them up or similar. :lol:
He'll have them fired up and our boys better be ready to go instead of expecting another fast start to just happen. My biggest hope is that we play with speed on the ball from half back. Quick hands and run/carry instead of slow play from the back half and kicking to contests. I'd rather we take a risk and turn it over instead of kicking long and turning it over. At least the risk/reward kick will provide offensive merit if it comes off.
We bought in Saad and Williams to bring half back speed. Use them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

Frederick is a good player for them. Agile. I wonder who we'll put on him

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jake_h03 wrote:
Really surprised at the pessimism around here. Understand yet another fade out last week has soured the mood but I’m confident we’ll get the win.

I think our best is far better and more dangerous than theirs. I think we have more weapons all over the field and our tough mids should get on top of their youngsters. Charlie and Harry are pretty much impossible to contain as long as they’re getting supply (which they should) and we started to see some form from the smalls last with Fisher and Martin each kicking a couple of crafty roving goals last week and we expect that to get better. We need Durdin and Owies to get more involved on the scoreboard.

Their tall forwards don’t worry me a whole lot and I’m confident Weiters and Young can at least break even. Our running half back line is one of the best in the league with Saad Doc and Williams providing the drive and decent support from Newman.

The only real weakness I can see is the wing combo of Newnes/Cottrell, but I think we have them covered in most other areas of the ground. Darcy is a challenge but Pitto has gone to another level this year and will be up for the challenge. Glad we have TDK in to provide a chop out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree with all the above.

Come on Blues

Cotrell Newnes Setterfield Walsh Cerra wing rotation can work.
The coaches have had to give their players a crash course in better defense.

We have to be a 5 goal better side. Play with confidence. Play with purpose. Stay in control.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:26 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

1 certainty?
Walters will duck his head for a forward 50 free kick.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blues by 19.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pitto PCL?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:51 pm 
Ken Hunter

PCL for Pitto..... There's our season.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

Just got a lot harder. Pitto out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

How the flower is boyd the sub again.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:53 pm 
Ken Hunter

We've a history of bad injuries against this lot.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:54 pm 
Rod Ashman

I'd forgotten about the crap camera work in Perth :hitcomputer:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:59 pm 
Craig Bradley

Get [REDACTED] with these injuries...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next