Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:46 am 
Stephen Silvagni

DesEnglish wrote:
killpies wrote:
Navy One wrote:
redback wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
[quote="Lowey_47"]I tell you what kelli Underwood in high heels and bazoobies out of control was one of the highlights of the night. Kudos

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Most frustrating commentator to listen too. I really don't like her barracking....

chicks should stick to chicks sport, full stop.

The thing that annoys me most about Underwood is when she puts on that deep voice .... trying to emulate her male co-hosts. Just drop it down an octave or two Kelly.

Great voice for mime

For me it was when she announced Cripps would miss 3 weeks and that she sounded almost pleased. Then all then barracked for them to get to 100.[/quote]After gold Coast kicked their fourth she gleefully states "that's 4 in a row"....... But it wasn't.

Minor detail, but follow the game properly.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:57 am 
Robert Walls

So many other female commentators have passed her by. Not her fault but they understand the game significantly better and she doesn’t know how to follow the game at all that she makes shit up as she goes along.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:02 am 
Ken Hunter

She also hates us. Always barracks against us.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:06 am 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
Setterfield
Martin
O’Brien
Plowman
Fogarty
Newman
If you play these blokes we will never be top 4
Dow deserves the chance
Stocker Philp
Honey
Kemp
Cottrell( because he plays like he means it at least)
Voss bange on about standards like every new coach does
Time to back those words up Vossy
Start with Kemp Philp Stocker Cottrell and Dow this week
Because those 6 blokes were pathetic today and arnt up to it

Mostly agree. I think LOB was ok.
Setterfield was good when involved but wasn’t involved enough.
I do think good Martin should be in the team if he can play four quarters but I actually thought he was off injured for the middle two quarters!

I’m keen to check the VFL form, but I’d be keen to get Dow, Stocker and Kemp in whilst also recognising that unless something major has changed, none of these guys will change the world on their own.

Overall, I think this loss was much more above the shoulders than about missing
Pittonet and Cripps. And as far as personnel goes, I think McGovern is the more important piece (ok not more important but also quite important…) structurally.
Which is why I was advocating that we put JSOS in that role even though he did so well forward against the Hawks. We need someone who can read the play and intercept mark marshalling across half back.
But, again, that won’t matter if we are playing half-arsed like we did today. (And, was anyone playing on Miller???)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:47 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

missnaut wrote:

Always actively barracks against us - even in the AFLW games - she’s a disgrace.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:59 am 
Rod Ashman

missnaut wrote:

She is a real piece of work :banghead:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:19 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

killpies wrote:
Navy One wrote:
redback wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Lowey_47 wrote:
I tell you what kelli Underwood in high heels and bazoobies out of control was one of the highlights of the night. Kudos

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Most frustrating commentator to listen too. I really don't like her barracking....

chicks should stick to chicks sport, full stop.

The thing that annoys me most about Underwood is when she puts on that deep voice .... trying to emulate her male co-hosts. Just drop it down an octave or two Kelly.

Great voice for mime

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm glad its not just me.

Awful barracker of a commentator.
OK if she's commenting for an Australian team for a parochial national audience, but not for 2 teams within a nation.

Listened to the replay last night. FMD, she is awful.

Fix it Fox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:29 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:
I do think good Martin should be in the team if he can play four quarters but I actually thought he was off injured for the middle two quarters!

Martin played 77% game time for his 7 marks, 8 kicks and 3 handballs for a return of 2 behinds.

That is not good enough for any senior player. Nothing to do with salary.

Time for a rest IF there's replacements for him....not much in the Ressies: Maher, Hayes and Hirst aren't on our list. Philp is a chance.

I hope we are past playing Newnes.

Cupboard is bare with Carroll, Motlop, Honey all missing and Cuningham a long way from playing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:31 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
missnaut wrote:

Always actively barracks against us - even in the AFLW games - she’s a disgrace.

Disgrace is apt.

Does she commentate on Kayo? I know its all part of the News monopoly, but if she's not....I'm there next time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:38 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
missnaut wrote:

Disgrace is apt.

Does she commentate on Kayo? I know its all part of the News monopoly, but if she's not....I'm there next time.

Yesterday was a kayo/fox game wasn't it? I think they were calling it from the studio in Melbourne, but the biggest issue was just flat not naming the players "and he's got it and kicked it long and he's crumbed the pack and kicked it to Cripps, I mean Fisher"

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:40 am 
Bruce Doull

17th Premiership wrote:
(And, was anyone playing on Miller???)

Did we not learn from last time how good this guy is? I couldn't work out what our strategy was with him

Where was Kennedy? Maybe Kennedy was (trying to) play a negating role on him?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:08 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:

Setterfield
Martin
O’Brien 9th for Fantasy Points
Plowman
Fogarty
Newman 4th for Fantasy Points

If you play these blokes we will never be top 4

I agree we need to move past these guys, because I expect a lot more from my wingmen.

The blokes above who didn't rate in Fantasy points were obvious candidates for:

My bottom six this week, in order are:

Fogarty
Owies
Plowman
Martin
Fisher 8th for Fantasy Points
Setterfield

DeKoning and Kennedy were close. Cerra, not much better.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:09 am 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

Did we not learn from last time how good this guy is? I couldn't work out what our strategy was with him

We only had to learn from last week when GWS double tagged him to shut him out and deliver the win.
But in all seriousness, we were always going to have our hands tied without Pitto and losing Cripps so early.

In: Pitto (if fit), Durdin, Stocker, Newnes and Philp (not ready but may need him)
Out: Cripps, Fogarty, Fisher/Setters (depending on match ups) & Martin.

I watched Dow in the 2's and as much as I am an advocate for him, he's not up to AFL standard yet.
He needs to work harder defensively and have more of an impact at contests, he looks at home in the VFL not a step above like Stocker did.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:11 am 
Bert Deacon

bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
missnaut wrote:

Disgrace is apt.

There was a female commentator on Kayo but I really never even thought about it until I came on here and all you sogs are jumping up and down.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:23 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:

I watched Dow in the 2's and as much as I am an advocate for him, he's not up to AFL standard yet.
He needs to work harder defensively and have more of an impact at contests, he looks at home in the VFL not a step above like Stocker did.

I'm in the same boat as you on Dow, but ... I wouldn't "care" if he is selected to replace Cripps, coz Kennedy and Cerra didn't fill me with confidence without Cripps, and its a chance to test our theory on Dow...hey, if the MC pick him, the MC pick him with more IP than us.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:24 am 
Bert Deacon

Juanita Jones wrote:
... she makes shit up as she goes along.

That's the definition of an AFL commentator.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:25 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

billy_bongo wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
missnaut wrote:

Disgrace is apt.

There was a female commentator on Kayo but I really never even thought about it until I came on here and all you sogs are jumping up and down.

:lol: sogs ... gotta complain about something after a loss, and she's a sitting duck, or squeaky wheel.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:29 am 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

Martin played 77% game time for his 7 marks, 8 kicks and 3 handballs for a return of 2 behinds.

That is not good enough for any senior player. Nothing to do with salary.

Time for a rest IF there's replacements for him....not much in the Ressies: Maher, Hayes and Hirst aren't on our list. Philp is a chance.

I hope we are past playing Newnes.

Cupboard is bare with Carroll, Motlop, Honey all missing and Cuningham a long way from playing.

Just to be clear, I knew Martin was on the ground. I was just shocked at how little impact he had that I basically didn’t notice him playing for at least half of the match!

I would have thought last week provided the warning signs for Voss to use, even though we got the 4 pts. (In retrospect, we should have gone on with it after quarter time last week like the Saints did against the Hawks yesterday.)
If we don’t show up with brutal intent and win solidly against Port, than we are further back than I thought.

I do think 3-1 is more reflective of where we are than 4-0 would have been. I’m fact 3-1 is a bit flattering. But we have earned this, now we need to honour that in the next few weeks and also continue to improve throughout the year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:33 am 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you on Dow, but ... I wouldn't "care" if he is selected to replace Cripps, coz Kennedy and Cerra didn't fill me with confidence without Cripps, and its a chance to test our theory on Dow...hey, if the MC pick him, the MC pick him with more IP than us.

If they did, it would be great if he came in and stepped it up and deliver what we know he is capable of.
I would like nothing more than to see him explode out of the packs aka Judd like, hitting targets and kicking goals.
Maybe Judd needs to mentor this kid full time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:41 am 
Bert Deacon

CK95 wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

I doubt they'd put Kennedy on Miller, he's too slow. Kennedy just looked like a player who'd lost all confidence - fumbling and bumbling and having zero impact on the game. Why he would suddenly lose confidence I've no idea. Perhaps against a quicker side without Carlton in control around the packs, he struggles a bit. Let's hope it's a one off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next