Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:28 am 
Stephen Kernahan

No disrespect to Fogarty, Dow or Gold Coast and you always want to pick your best team, but if the difference between Fogarty or Dow is the difference between winning or losing against Gold Coast then we should give it away now.

These are the games that we should be winning comfortably if we’re going to be the real deal.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:42 am 
Rod Ashman

Hornet wrote:
Win today and we go 2nd... lose and we could drop to 7th

If we win by enough today we can go to 1st. :thumbsup:

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:56 am 
Geoff Southby

sinbagger wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Fogarty is a good tough little footballer . No problem with his inclusion . Hold the ball in . A defensive forward . One thing about Fogarty , he will do exactly what the coach tells him to do . A real team player .

I must be the only one, but I am an actually believer, this guy isn’t a forward. He is a genuine midfielder and probably can only play that position and we all know the issue with that currently.

Fogherty has been training and playing as a defensive forward, Dow has been training and playing as an inside mid, Martin has been training and playing as HFF. Dow is not competing with Martin and Figherty for a place in the seniors, he’s competing with Cripps, Hewett, Walsh and Cerra.

Perfectly put Sin . Its horses for courses simple as that . And as our good mate GWS reminds us , if that selection controversy derails us we are going nowhere . Gotta be above all that sort of stuff .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

Anyone else worried about today?
This is one of those games we are expected to win and we know what has happened in the past.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

Kezza, I emphasise about how you are feeling about today. The past is the past. This is New Carlton. A new beginning.
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
This is one of those games we are expected to win and we know what has happened in the past.
In all the shittiness over the last 20 years I can't think of a game where I have felt generally nervous like this one.
Win it the corner could be finally turned.
Lose it and we could easily slip back to shittiness again.
Grown man approaching 60 I shouldn't give a shite. But I do

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sydney Blue wrote:
kezza wrote:
In all the shittiness over the last 20 years I can't think of a game where I have felt generally nervous like this one.
Win it the corner could be finally turned.
Lose it and we could easily slip back to shittiness again.
Grown man approaching 60 I shouldn't give a shite. But I do

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Not many games I have felt very confident at all in that time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

sinbagger wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Fogarty is a good tough little footballer . No problem with his inclusion . Hold the ball in . A defensive forward . One thing about Fogarty , he will do exactly what the coach tells him to do . A real team player .

I must be the only one, but I am an actually believer, this guy isn’t a forward. He is a genuine midfielder and probably can only play that position and we all know the issue with that currently.

Fogherty has been training and playing as a defensive forward, Dow has been training and playing as an inside mid, Martin has been training and playing as HFF. Dow is not competing with Martin and Figherty for a place in the seniors, he’s competing with Cripps, Hewett, Walsh and Cerra.

Totally irrelevant point and obviously missed mine.
Just to clarify, you can train a guy anywhere you feel he fits in, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's the correct position for him. In other words, training him as a defensive forward is good and well but if his best footy is elsewhere then you are wasting your time. For the best part.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:45 pm 
Geoff Southby

SurreyBlue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Just to clarify, you can train a guy anywhere you feel he fits in, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's the correct position for him. In other words, training him as a defensive forward is good and well but if his best footy is elsewhere then you are wasting your time. For the best part.

Hows that Suzz ? i agree with you in that he can play midfield but he is also effective as a defensive forward . More strings to his bow the better . Also realistically speaking he has no hope of unseating one of the fabulous four .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

I get where you're coming from surrey.

Its an MC decision to play Fogarty as a defensive HF in the seniors and ironically he has been selected to play seniors after good form as a midfield player.

Go figure what's going on when Voss suggests players are competing for particular roles, and are selected as such.

Its obvious the MC don't rate anyone else to play the small defensive forward role with Durdin out, and the only one available is maybe Philp who has missed a few games with injury.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:49 pm 
Ken Hunter

Mickstar wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Hows that Suzz ? i agree with you in that he can play midfield but he is also effective as a defensive forward . More strings to his bow the better . Also realistically speaking he has no hope of unseating one of the fabulous four .

Agree with the latter. I just don't think he is better then Martin, Durdin, Fisher, Owies and or Motlop either. For mine, he has little tricks and or kicking skills to play the small forward role. Best chance is to become the little accumulator through the middle but again hard to break through there as well. Just my thoughts though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

Dow taken off in the twos - hasn't played last quarter - didn't see any injury

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:12 pm 
Rod Ashman

and then glass Mc spoils a certain goal...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Arnhem blues wrote:
and then glass Mc spoils a certain goal...

embarassing ... but didnt make a difference to the result.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Stocker 35 touches.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Arnhem blues wrote:
Dow taken off in the twos - hasn't played last quarter - didn't see any injury

Maybe Sub??? Doesn't have to travel far. :roll:

Ahead of Boyd who didnt play?

Maybe a late Out?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:43 pm 
Geoff Southby

All good Suzz .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:54 pm 
Ken Hunter

I'm nearly always worried!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:55 pm 
Rod Ashman

do kick ins count as disposals on the stats sheet (GC reserves kicked 18 points...)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... re-smiling

Get a Game thread started.

Ground perfect condition.

No excuses.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11