Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:36 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:01 pm 
Rod Ashman

I think we reverted to pre-2022 style of bombing it in.
There may be a time for Plan B but I think in this case, we needed to just get back to Plan A but do it properly - handball, carry, kick deep, mark/crumb from 20m out. Instead, we seemed to just grab the ball and boot it forward.

I am glad to hear the players/coach talking about the lessons we need to learn, and we're not the finished product.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:47 pm 
Bob Chitty

17th Premiership wrote:

I am glad to hear the players/coach talking about the lessons we need to learn, and we're not the finished product.

100%, its actually the first time it feels like all the players, coaches are reading from the same hymn sheet.

several players getting interviewed after the game, on the radio etc.. all communicating the same message ... great to win, supprters should enjoy, but we have plenty to learn etc.. that tells me, more than anything, that we are, finally, as a club, all on the same path, be that player, coach or CEO etc..

its been a terrific turn around IMO and the most noticable postive change the club has gone through. winning is great, but the way the club feels united, is even better.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
Crusader wrote:
verbs wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
verbs wrote:
If you're as old as me, you will remember in 1995 we had many close wins.

Just saying.

Are you sure about that? I thought we wiped the floor with most teams. I do remember two car crash losses in a row to Sydney and st kilda I think it was, but I’m pretty sure we bossed most games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well we absolutely flogged Hawthorn that year. The one point win over West Coast though has always stuck with me.

Close games against Essendon*** (8) & Geelong (3)… the Richmond game was within a kick at 3/4 time as well.

Getting a bit off topic but if you get the chance, youtube that Geelong match. Just the first quarter alone, you won't see a better quarter of footy anywhere (both teams). Awesome game.
Was the first Carlton game I took my cousin from the UK too. Standing by the tin shed at the Junction of the pratt stand on the wing. The noise was just insane. Lockout too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

Attachment:
F2D4ADB2-B12A-4946-9B56-43E961A425D1.jpeg
F2D4ADB2-B12A-4946-9B56-43E961A425D1.jpeg [ 737.3 KiB | Viewed 3728 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:36 am 
formerly King Kenny

Watched the replay again.

It was only close as we couldn’t make good decisions inside 50, but the Hawks IMO, have the best intercept markers in the league, hence why they rebound so well and get easy score.

Let’s not forget that they scored 11 goals. That was a shit game the last 10/20yrs against the Hawks.

Our structure stood up defensively, even Plowman did the rights things at the right time.

Team first defense, won us that game, great goals got Hawthorn close in that last quarter.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:29 am 
Harry Vallence

The Normal One wrote:
Watched the replay again.

It was only close as we couldn’t make good decisions inside 50, but the Hawks IMO, have the best intercept markers in the league, hence why they rebound so well and get easy score.

Let’s not forget that they scored 11 goals. That was a shit game the last 10/20yrs against the Hawks.

Our structure stood up defensively, even Plowman did the rights things at the right time.

Team first defense, won us that game, great goals got Hawthorn close in that last quarter.

I watched the last 5 minutes yesterday and thought Docherty and Cripps were both really average, not sure if anyone else saw that or it was just me.

Really needed leaders to stand up around then and there was a couple of times each where they bottled it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Or on the flipside, we won because other leaders stepped up like Harry and weiters.

And we didn't need to rely on doc and crippa.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:13 pm 
Craig Bradley

How’s the meedya dragging us for bringing Martin on in the last couple of minutes… meanwhile, Chad Wingard has a three day hamstring and, lo and behold, it looks like Jack Scrimshaw has knitted a fractured scapula in 12 hours.

How is the Scrimshaw/Howe sub not being spoken about? The re-jigged defensive structure across half back may have been ‘forced’, but the real story is how they went from getting mauled in the stoppages by our bigger bodies, to bringing on the biggest midfielder on their list. Reeves managed to halve the ruck contests and their mids were able to put enough pressure on the takeaways to force a hurried kick into their defensive zone.

That substitution changed the game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:08 pm 
Ken Hunter

Because it’s Hawthorn.....or more importantly it’s not Carlton.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9