Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

AGRO wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Nathan umpiring again

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Why couldn’t they give him the North -v- West Coast game - then he’d blow a brain gasket having to pay a holding the ball free kick against Petreski-Seton.

:roll:

Could be worse, we could have Eleni.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:04 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
One change for mine. Dow for either O'Brien or Setterfield. Or at least as the sub.

Thanks but no thanks ! Anyone for O'Brien would be an upgrade, but not Dow. Swap a spud for a spud.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:37 am 
Craig Bradley

Pressure will be right on the bottom 6-8 with Martin and Cerra automatic selections to come back next week. At least 2 will go out. Stocker may return as well

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:18 am 
Ken Hunter

Sydney Blue wrote:
Nathan umpiring again

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
Noooooooo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:26 am 
Ken Hunter

Hopefully Nafan brings his form from q4 last week. But seriously, @#$%&! off with that shit, spread the pain!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:47 am 
Wayne Johnston

That left flank looks a bit weak, Fogherty, O’Brien & Newman.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:32 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
That left flank looks a bit weak, Fogherty, O’Brien & Newman.

Pressure is on them to hold a spot in the 23.

I hear the door knocking: Cerra, Martin, Stocker ... Dow, Motlop, Newnes ...

Just the type of pressure we need them to be under.
An intent to win, nullify and hurt the opposition in a state of desperation may see them perform for 4 quarters.

Fingers crossed.

Come on Blues !!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:19 am 
Harry Vallence

Asp wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:
One change for mine. Dow for either O'Brien or Setterfield. Or at least as the sub.

Thanks but no thanks ! Anyone for O'Brien would be an upgrade, but not Dow. Swap a spud for a spud.

Bit harsh. Some of these players I expect to improve greatly under new coaching structure. They need a chance, been a tough few years. Last year people were writing off Kennedy, McDonald and a few others.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:52 am 
Geoff Southby

FarmerBlue wrote:
Asp wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:

Bit harsh. Some of these players I expect to improve greatly under new coaching structure. They need a chance, been a tough few years. Last year people were writing off Kennedy, McDonald and a few others.

:thumbsup:
At least LOB is getting to the ball.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:54 am 
Trevor Keogh

Blue Vain wrote:
Fogarty is a great tackler, applies good pressure around the ball and can pinch hit in the midfield. Hopefully he has a great game.

This is a positive response, I like it. My concern is that he's not been first to enough contents (which shows in his possession numbers) and he's lacked penetration in his kicking.

On your other comments - I said several times during the game that Austin and Agresta are the revelations of this year. I'm also very bearish on O'Brien. It's a long season so I guess we can afford to carry him for a few more games to see if he seals his own fate or blossoms from the limited AFL attributes some seem able to see.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:01 am 
Harry Vallence

Sidefx wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Asp wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:

My opinion of LOB is if he can feel comfortable and get the fumbles out of his game he can be a weapon for us. Everytime he gets the ball we seem to score

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:45 am 
Trevor Keogh

Sidefx wrote:

FarmerBlue wrote:
My opinion of LOB is if he can feel comfortable and get the fumbles out of his game he can be a weapon for us. Everytime he gets the ball we seem to score

13 possessions - 6 contested, for 3 score involvements unfortunately suggests neither.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

Averaging 13.4 disposals over 42 games playing on wing. Ave 76% time on ground.
3.4 are contested possessions. 70% disposal efficiency. For a guy who runs 13.5 kilometres per game he doesn't get anywhere near enough HBR's to get his hands on the footy more often.

Top-five most distance covered per game in 2021

Sam Walsh, 15.49km
Matthew Cottrell, 15.29km
Sam Docherty, 14.33km
Ed Curnow, 14.07km
Lochie O'Brien, 13.54km

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc- ... ien?advv=Y

His Disposals vs Kilometer's covered suggests to me he is lacking in natural footy smarts. He is not getting into the right positions to get any cheap kicks or provide the overlap required, in good teams.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:18 pm 
Craig Bradley

LOB looks like he should be playing squash or something.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

FarmerBlue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Asp wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:

I feel the same way, the effort is there, we just need the polish.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

Cazzesman wrote:
Averaging 13.4 disposals over 42 games playing on wing. Ave 76% time on ground.
3.4 are contested possessions. 70% disposal efficiency. For a guy who runs 13.5 kilometres per game he doesn't get anywhere near enough HBR's to get his hands on the footy more often.

Top-five most distance covered per game in 2021

Sam Walsh, 15.49km
Matthew Cottrell, 15.29km
Sam Docherty, 14.33km
Ed Curnow, 14.07km
Lochie O'Brien, 13.54km

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc- ... ien?advv=Y

His Disposals vs Kilometer's covered suggests to me he is lacking in natural footy smarts. He is not getting into the right positions to get any cheap kicks or provide the overlap required, in good teams.
Regards Cazzesman

He seems to be getting more into the contest now, he just needs to make an impact with all that effort.
For me his biggest weakness was the avoidance of body contact, which it looks like he seems to be working on it.
I agree about the overlap running, he sometimes looks like a chicken without a head.
I'm a glass half full on this one, hopefully he steps it up this week to another level.

Last edited by Sidefx on Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:24 pm 
Craig Bradley

Crusader wrote:
LOB looks like he should be playing squash or something.

…an umpire. That’s what he looks like.

A @#$%&! real-estate-agent-come-funrunner-come-umpire.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:26 pm 
Rod Ashman

FarmerBlue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Asp wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:

Or they score! One or the other.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

wasthesonofapreacherman wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

FarmerBlue wrote:

13 possessions - 6 contested, for 3 score involvements unfortunately suggests neither.

Unfortunately stats don't tell the full story.
Players with the same or less possessions: Pittonet, Silvagni, Williams, Owies, TDK, McKay, Weitering and Curnow (8).
Players with the same or less Contested possessions: Saad, TDK, Fisher, Martin, Owies, Curnow, McKay, Williams, Newman, Setterfield, Weitering, McGovern and Silvagni (13).
Players with the same or less Score involvements: Fisher, McDonald, Owies, Saad, Weitering, Newman and Williams (7).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

LOB is the least physical player in the afl, and I say that with confidence

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next