Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:23 pm 
Geoff Southby

That crowd …that @#$%&! crowd

Goosebumps.

Go blues.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:
Half way through the last they handballed to O'Brien and he fumbled it. I yelled out never give the ball to that man, ever.

A minute later he gets the free in square and the lady infront turned and said with a smile...."Do you want the ball in his hands now? I replied, yes he can kick the goal, so he can run off to the bench and never come back on again, ever!"

Ever, ever, ever!!!

If we have no-one better than him in the 2's then we aren't fairdinkum.

Regards Cazzesman
Fisher is worse than this bloke and that's saying something

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

Arnhem blues wrote:
So a great win with still some work to do.

This.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

.Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:33 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Arnhem blues wrote:
really enjoyed having a win - umps as usual go too hard in round one but they always settle down.
Great performance by the midfield, including the rucks. and backline pretty good. Up front, Durdin and SOS for me. Harry got involved but didn't click, Charlie well off the pace, Owies off and on, and Jack M and Fish poor up until 3/4 time.
LOB gets to the ball a lot but just not strong enough. To be fair he wasn't used to his advantage, usually got the ball as a front and centre rover rather than an outside runner, but can't break or stick a tackle. Didn't really notice Setterfield - he seems to still play as an inside mid rather than an outside runner.
There seemed to be an instruction for dinky centring kicks, if running forward on the flanks. Have a shot! rather than a short kick to a 50-50...
So a great win with still some work to do.

Agree fully with most of that. I also thought mcgovern looked at home up back and had a very good game providing value. Oscar macdonald looked ok for the backline i thought too. Hopefully gets his kicking radar dialed in. Has mcgovern put on weight? I think maybee so. Again, he looked good tonight. We will have too much awesomeness for most teams when walsh comes back. If it all comes together and our tall forwards get on a roll it should be happy days

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

They were really nervous in the 1st quarter and just butchered it.
They won't be like that next week.

Not sure what the main difference is.
Kennedy sensational form
Cripps returns
Cerra
Hewett
Gov down back
Owies and Durdin forward pressure
Or Vossy

Harry will need to take his chances as those midfielders will gain more confidence
Charlie looks all at sea
Oscar is a worry but no more than Jones
Williams is erratic
TDK will be a superstar
Thought Setterfield did enough
JSOS could have had 3
Like Pitto he competes
Weiters down but held his own

The 3 Vanillas Obrien Fisher and Martin were ordinary most of the night lucky they all scored in the last.

I am not as big a fan of Doc as most but I admit it I welled up and started sniffling.
What a moment

Love winning and I hate Richmond

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:41 pm 
Ken Hunter

I think we won that game with about 10-12 honest contributors over 4 quarters.

Those that owe the 10-12 a beer are .....

O'Brien - Nope not up to it in any way shape or form.
Martin - Saved himself for another game with his last quarter. That 30 mins is now the benchmark. Until then he stunk it up.
Newman - Nope.
Saad - Good last Q but until then he was a headless chook
Setterfield - if you are not going to be in the midfield rotations you better get your big boy pants on quick smart and put your head over the ball and win contests.
Owies - Just tonight, but has been very good in the role.
Fisher - Not sighted but I think he had a nullifying roll on Short.......Blue Vain would that be right. If I am wrong he was hardly sighted
Curnow - Looked lost. I would give O'Brien the boot and move Curnow to the wing to get him a kick.
McKay - A tough night against a good defense.

Out O'Brien, Setterfield, Newman.

In Kemp, Plowman, Boyd/Carroll. Kemp and Boyd/Carroll wingers with Kemp rotating with Curnow and SOS.

And boy oh boy do we need Stocker and Marchbank back in the Team. McDonald is not the answer longterm and Stocker is just what we need.

I doubt they will change a winning team but they should.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

Well done Adam Cerra. That would have been pretty overwhelming, his first game for us a massive match against the team he supported as a kid. He did extremely well, & even pushed past Dusty in the last :smoking:

Wasn't able to get to the game but the crowd sounded amazing on TV!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:48 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Gotta say Pitto and Gov were fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:58 pm 
Ken Hunter

Cazzesman wrote:
Half way through the last they handballed to O'Brien and he fumbled it. I yelled out never give the ball to that man, ever.

A minute later he gets the free in square and the lady infront turned and said with a smile...."Do you want the ball in his hands now? I replied, yes he can kick the goal, so he can run off to the bench and never come back on again, ever!"

Ever, ever, ever!!!

Regards Cazzesman
I legit had this exact exchange with my husband.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:14 pm 
Ken Hunter

missnaut wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:

Ever, ever, ever!!!

Regards Cazzesman
I legit had this exact exchange with my husband.

Stevie Wonder can see it Missnaut. And we all saw it at the end of 2021. :garthp:

I just don't see what he will consistently bring to the table, week in week out. I'm am sure he is a lovely lad, but I am positive he is taking a spot in the 22 someone else will do better in the long term.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:
I think we won that game with about 10-12 honest contributors over 4 quarters.

Those that owe the 10-12 a beer are .....

O'Brien - Nope not up to it in any way shape or form.
Martin - Saved himself for another game with his last quarter. That 30 mins is now the benchmark. Until then he stunk it up.
Newman - Nope.
Saad - Good last Q but until then he was a headless chook
Setterfield - if you are not going to be in the midfield rotations you better get your big boy pants on quick smart and put your head over the ball and win contests.
Owies - Just tonight, but has been very good in the role.
Fisher - Not sighted but I think he had a nullifying roll on Short.......Blue Vain would that be right. If I am wrong he was hardly sighted
Curnow - Looked lost. I would give O'Brien the boot and move Curnow to the wing to get him a kick.
McKay - A tough night against a good defense.

Out O'Brien, Setterfield, Newman.

In Kemp, Plowman, Boyd/Carroll. Kemp and Boyd/Carroll wingers with Kemp rotating with Curnow and SOS.

And boy oh boy do we need Stocker and Marchbank back in the Team. McDonald is not the answer longterm and Stocker is just what we need.

I doubt they will change a winning team but they should.

Regards Cazzesman

Mrs Cazz should put in a call to Agents Scully and Mulder because Mr Cazz has been kidnapped by aliens.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Games like this remind you why you love football. I was ready to microwave my membership at quarter time. Should have been down by 5 or 6. Then the second turned it around and the Doc goal is going to be played a lot in the next week. Genuinely emotional moment and the standing ovation from the crowd was just a beautiful moment in football.

We came out flat after half time and when they got 20 up at the 3 minute mark of the last as Weiters limped off and looked done for the night, I'd all but given up. I honestly thought it was the Tiges in a canter. Then the navy blue avalanche hit and boy oh boy was that exciting.

I can honestly say I haven't been that happy at the football in a long long time.

So many pros, most of which have already been mentioned. It's interesting the different perspectives on players. I thought Saad was pretty good for most of the night. Fish OK but not great. Setterfield likewise.

Martin was average but came good in the last. LOB is the one that I thought was very ordinary. Fumbles. Double grabs. Shirks the issue. Has very little desire to do the hard stuff or the defensive side of the game. Pickett flogged him in the first half. Couple of nice kicks into F50 but his opportunities are running out. I think I've seen enough.

Our key defensive posts look vulnerable and it makes the Jones stance even harder to swallow.

The biggest positive of the night for me overall though is the fact that we're not going to hit the post 6 times again. Our key forwards had average nights. And our best player is going to come back into the side in the coming weeks. In short, we're only going to get better.

Please let this be the genuine beginning and not another false dawn... Go Blues!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:56 pm 
Geoff Southby

Regarding O'Brien and Setterfield any reason Dow or even Ed is not playing on the wing before either of them. And don't give any rubbish that Dow doesn't play wing because neither of those two can either.

I can only think that a spot is being kept warm for Walsh's and maybe Stocker's return.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:55 am 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

Tackling and pressure.
Carlton crowd.
Those who missed selection welcoming their teammates back into the room.
Cripps was magnificent. Although I wish he wouldn't take the inside forward 50 kick.
Kennedy, Cerra and Hewitt were terrific.
Docherty and McGovern in defence. Best game we've seen from those 2 for a while.
Best game I've seen from Setterfield for over a year.
Durdin and De Koning were exciting.
Slashing 2nd half from Saad, and final quarter from Martin.

Cons:

Looked nervous early.
Lot of free kicks in Richmond's forward 50.
Hitting the post.
O'Brien. Although he persevered and won some contested ball.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:14 am 
Bruce Doull

I cant remember a Carlton performance so ferocious and aggressive for a very long time.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:17 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Great to be back at the footy with a big crowd … the noise after the Doc goal and the Martin goal in the last was incredible … great night …

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:26 am 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
How good was that.
Our soft clocks Obrien Fish and Martin all hit the scoreboard in the last

Don’t forget the gib fisher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:32 am 
Bob Chitty

Good morning Blue Baggers, please unleash hell in your workplaces today. Happy hunting!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:29 am 
Harry Vallence

Stefchook wrote:
Pros:

Tackling and pressure.
Carlton crowd.
Those who missed selection welcoming their teammates back into the room.
Cripps was magnificent. Although I wish he wouldn't take the inside forward 50 kick.
Kennedy, Cerra and Hewitt were terrific.
Docherty and McGovern in defence. Best game we've seen from those 2 for a while.
Best game I've seen from Setterfield for over a year.
Durdin and De Koning were exciting.
Slashing 2nd half from Saad, and final quarter from Martin.

Cons:

Looked nervous early.
Lot of free kicks in Richmond's forward 50.
Hitting the post.
O'Brien. Although he persevered and won some contested ball.

Let’s not forget pinnonent , i thought he was brilliant all night !!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next