Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:01 am 
Harry Vallence

Very happy this morning. We are finally on the right track. Have a coach that coaches for modern football and has the players playing as one. Lot's of improvement yet but we are on the right path

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:01 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Cazzesman wrote:
missnaut wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Half way through the last they handballed to O'Brien and he fumbled it. I yelled out never give the ball to that man, ever.

A minute later he gets the free in square and the lady infront turned and said with a smile...."Do you want the ball in his hands now? I replied, yes he can kick the goal, so he can run off to the bench and never come back on again, ever!"

Ever, ever, ever!!!

If we have no-one better than him in the 2's then we aren't fairdinkum.

Regards Cazzesman
I legit had this exact exchange with my husband.

Stevie Wonder can see it Missnaut. And we all saw it at the end of 2021. :garthp:

I just don't see what he will consistently bring to the table, week in week out. I'm am sure he is a lovely lad, but I am positive he is taking a spot in the 22 someone else will do better in the long term.

Regards Cazzesman

The thing is you can see him trying. He gets to the right spots and for the most part puts his body on the line but just so fumbly and quick to hot potato it. After 4(?) years maybe we've seen enough to see that the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:13 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Walsh who?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:21 am 
Robert Walls

Sidefx wrote:
Good solid win.

Can't wait to see what we are like when we get that offensive link up in the F50 sorted.

The defence is the 100% opposite of last year, unbelievable.

Matt Kennedy goes alright for a GWS 'reject'.

The Teague Train curse is now Richmonds.

Up the Blues.

THIS X 100

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:29 am 
Ken Hunter

what fun - at last! Midfield was dominant. Few players to come in that will make this side a lot stronger. OB just fumbles everything, Kemp to replace. then Walsh in and Styocker for Newman and I think we have the makings.... God what a great last quarter!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:33 am 
Harry Vallence

Great win, although it remains to be seen how good Richmond are in 2022, may have been drinking their own bathwater, "Tigers for Premiers 2022!".

Can't take anything away from our effort though, belief.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:36 am 
Robert Walls

Our fwd line was the problem last night

The small forwards were inept in that first qtr at putting pressure in our F50. This caused Rich to punch holes through our mids and backs

This then contributes to our back 6 looking shaky

After qtr time, it was addressed a little, but it was more the mids going back and putting pressure I50

In the last qtr, it all came together - both mids and small fwds made it difficult for Rich to release it out of their F50

Of course, this then helps the set ups for our defenders

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:38 am 
Harry Vallence

Watched first half and a bit of reserves. Carroll will be a gun. He is ready. Motlop as well. Philp Kemp were good as well and Mirkov has some real ability

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:40 am 
Ken Hunter

AGRO wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
I think we won that game with about 10-12 honest contributors over 4 quarters.

Those that owe the 10-12 a beer are .....

O'Brien - Nope not up to it in any way shape or form.
Martin - Saved himself for another game with his last quarter. That 30 mins is now the benchmark. Until then he stunk it up.
Newman - Nope.
Saad - Good last Q but until then he was a headless chook
Setterfield - if you are not going to be in the midfield rotations you better get your big boy pants on quick smart and put your head over the ball and win contests.
Owies - Just tonight, but has been very good in the role.
Fisher - Not sighted but I think he had a nullifying roll on Short.......Blue Vain would that be right. If I am wrong he was hardly sighted
Curnow - Looked lost. I would give O'Brien the boot and move Curnow to the wing to get him a kick.
McKay - A tough night against a good defense.

Out O'Brien, Setterfield, Newman.

In Kemp, Plowman, Boyd/Carroll. Kemp and Boyd/Carroll wingers with Kemp rotating with Curnow and SOS.

And boy oh boy do we need Stocker and Marchbank back in the Team. McDonald is not the answer longterm and Stocker is just what we need.

I doubt they will change a winning team but they should.

Regards Cazzesman

Mrs Cazz should put in a call to Agents Scully and Mulder because Mr Cazz has been kidnapped by aliens.

:lol:

Mmmmmmmmm. I'm not getting any younger Agro. They can either have a red hot crack and put in or @#$% off. I'm done watching half arsed efforts. Contested footy wins Finals. If we get beat we go down swinging like a mad man. :razz: :razz:

There should be a queue out the door of team mates wanting to carry Doc's bag to his car after what he has gone through. There's your bench mark right there for commitment.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:40 am 
Harry Vallence

Cazzesman wrote:
missnaut wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Half way through the last they handballed to O'Brien and he fumbled it. I yelled out never give the ball to that man, ever.

A minute later he gets the free in square and the lady infront turned and said with a smile...."Do you want the ball in his hands now? I replied, yes he can kick the goal, so he can run off to the bench and never come back on again, ever!"

Ever, ever, ever!!!

Regards Cazzesman

Stevie Wonder can see it Missnaut. And we all saw it at the end of 2021. :garthp:

I just don't see what he will consistently bring to the table, week in week out. I'm am sure he is a lovely lad, but I am positive he is taking a spot in the 22 someone else will do better in the long term.

Regards Cazzesman

Only thing I will say about O'Brien is I hope he gets 3-4 weeks to settle in. It's been a tough few years for our recruits. Dow as well. Poorly developed and hardly played. He has some weapons that if confident would make us better but needs to be cleaner

The pressure will come from Carroll Walsh Philp Stocker Cunningham

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:49 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

LOB in the team simply bec we lack outside run. Can't wait for Walsh to get back.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:57 am 
John James

Pro
Such great desire across the side.
Kennedy an excellent game. Used his strength and skills to advantage
Cripps - moved like he could two years ago.
Cerra - provided the class we have lacked
Hewitt - hard as nails.
Durdin and TDK - excitement machines
McGovern making an impact at half back
The roar as Docherty kicked that goal.
The excitement of fans celebrating those goals in the last quarter.
The win
Cons
Two poor quarters
Martin and Fisher going missing in the first three quarters
Lachie is an enigma. A really want him to succeed but....
Owies cannot kick over 40m
Charlie looked lost.
3:30am arrival back home in Gippsland.

So good to wake up knowing that we have won the game.
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:58 am 
Rod Ashman

FarmerBlue wrote:
Watched first half and a bit of reserves. Carroll will be a gun. He is ready. Motlop as well. Philp Kemp were good as well and Mirkov has some real ability

The morning after just gets better …

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:01 am 
Geoff Southby

Agree
Setterfield
OBrien
Not up to it
Good to see some depth
Walsh Carroll
Martin doesn’t work hard enough but saved himself for the last

And the opposition
Richmond we’re on the slide in 2021

It takes about 10 weeks for the season to take shape

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:01 am 
Rod Ashman

LOB …. His early selection really is an indictment on the recruiting team.
I know for a fact the club did not speak to his under 18 coach before the draft.
If they had, their enthusiasm would have been tempered somewhat.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:07 am 
Rod Ashman

Having been at the game last night I thought the intensity at the ball was brilliant but most impressive was the way the players worked for one another. Their decision making was vastly improved apart from LOB. As I have said before on this forum I do not think his issue is fixable, however until Walsh returns I am happy to be proven wrong - as long as we keep wining! Replacing our weakest link LOB with Walsh on the wing is tantalizing.
I think comments regarding Setterfield, Fish and Martin are harsh. They all played OK and did their part when required. I didn't consider any of them as passengers, in fact Setterfield was very good early.

Very happy this morning and I'm sure we all will have a great weekend. :thanks:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:17 am 
Harry Vallence

FarmerBlue wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
missnaut wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:

Ever, ever, ever!!!

Regards Cazzesman

Regards Cazzesman

Only thing I will say about O'Brien is I hope he gets 3-4 weeks to settle in. It's been a tough few years for our recruits. Dow as well. Poorly developed and hardly played. He has some weapons that if confident would make us better but needs to be cleaner

The pressure will come from Carroll Walsh Philp Stocker Cunningham

He has had 3 or 4 years to settle in. Stood out like dogs balls as the weakest link.
Would rather focus on all the positives from last night but it is hard to overlook how out of his depth LOB looked.
On the plus side we have guys in the reserves knocking down the door so we don't need to worry. It will sort itself out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:21 am 
Harry Vallence

Pitto gave away 3 or 4 frees at the centre bounce. We need to sort that out.
Really solid win considering there were several guys down on their best form. Plenty to build on.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:26 am 
Rod Ashman

I’ll need to watch it again as my anxiety stops me from processing the nuances of the game.

I thought we were cooked when they kicked that first goal and last year we would have been run over. The addition of midfielders, a return to form for Cripps and Mr Kennedy stepping up gives us a chance.

Bring on the Bullflogs and let’s back up the effort

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:35 am 
Rod Ashman

Was LOB really that bad? I know he missed a couple of kicks and looked a bit panicked at times but I hope he gained some confidence and can see what’s required

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next